Old 08-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default Food you used to like but now can't stand

Do you have any foods you used to love but now that your eating healthier you no longer like? i no longer really like fast food or take out chinese food.plus after I eat junk now my body hates me.whats yours?
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: 250/229/175

Height: 5'6

I used to LOVE getting a double cheeseburger from McD's. It was my favorite fast food go-to. Now, I think they're revolting!
BamaGalRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

For me, it's the stuff I overdid on my diet not the stuff I ate before because...let's face it...if the old stuff wasn't tasty I wouldn't have got fat in the first place!

So in answer to your question: seaweed.

Last edited by IanG; 08-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

fast food too. one time my friends and family bought themselves some burger king, we were driving home and the smell filled the car and made me nauseated.
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

For me it's fast food too. I'm also losing my liking for restaurant buffets of any kind - I often wonder how long that stuff has been sitting.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Chips, processed food in general. Now most processed food without fail always makes me sick
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:21 AM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I think for me it's less about food I can't stand but rather the portion size that I can't stand. I used to eat takeaways with giant bags of crisps and chocolate with coke to top it all off - I just can't imagine eating that much food at once anymore! I guess one disgusting thing I used to do that I wouldn't dream of now is dunking a mars bar into hot chocolate...yup. I didn't do it for years, but I went a month once where I used to do it a lot!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #8  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

i wish...

i love the taste of all the foods that made me fat. i don't like how they made me look or how my body feels when I eat them, but sadly that hasn't ruined the taste for me. lol
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

For me, it's more that I used to eat foods and finish what was on my plate even if they didn't taste that great. I just ate to eat. Now if I take a bite of something I can think to myself that it doesn't really taste that good and stop eating....there are other healthier things that I like now. If I am out somewhere and there's nothing that really appeals to me I can pass on eating and wait until I come home and can make something I really like.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I've never loved fast food so for me its definitely portion sizes. When I binge it's not as bad as it was and I feel sick way quicker. I'm also realising how gross chocolate bars are (Kitkat and the likes) but I still crave them when it's TTOM.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #11  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I don't hate anything I used to love, really. But I do fine that overall, the things I used to LOVE and overeat all time just... don't taste as good as I remember. I mean, they taste good, but they're not that bliss that I recall them being.

Also, I find now that when I overeat junk, I get ill the next day. I'm nauseated, my stomach hurts (in a not nauseous way), I have headaches, I'm bloated, and I'm achy all over. And it takes a day or two for that to go away. I don't enjoy that much.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #12  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
I think for me it's less about food I can't stand but rather the portion size that I can't stand. I used to eat takeaways with giant bags of crisps and chocolate with coke to top it all off - I just can't imagine eating that much food at once anymore!
Exactly this. I still like junk food AND fast food, but it happens waaaaay less and when it does happen, it's less food in general. Even just my normal "healthy" eating, I would eat so much of it that it would negate any of the "healthy" part of the meal lol
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #13  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

For me it's not really the food taste but my response to the food.

For example, I still think pizza tastes awesome. However, I no longer get the soothing, comforted feeling and satisfaction I used to get when eating an entire pizza while hiding away in my room. Or relaxing with a fast food burger and fries after a long trip. It just doesn't bring as much pleasure.

I'm still working on how to deal with my emotions without food, as well as learning how to get the same satisfaction I used to get from food with something else.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #14  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiannaKole View Post
I don't hate anything I used to love, really. But I do fine that overall, the things I used to LOVE and overeat all time just... don't taste as good as I remember. I mean, they taste good, but they're not that bliss that I recall them being.
Should've read your post more carefully the first time through the thread! This is exactly how I feel, too.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I'm not a 20-something anymore (just turned 30) but i want to participate! I just had medium french fries and an oreo McFlurry and my body hates me for it! I actually threw out a third of the McFlurry, which is sintomatic, coming from me.

I have no desire for greasy cheese and will only eat a very small piece. I hate soda now and when I do drink a few sips i feel it is as heavy and dense as eggnog, which gives me the creeps. I also feel disgusted at the idea of having a deep fried donut and don't get how i used to be able to eat it.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote