Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 8/14/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

WI day for me....last before my vacation! Fingers crossed I meet my mini goal of 25 down. That was what I wanted to do by end of the summer....if I get there before vacation even better.... Will be time to set a new mini goal.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #3  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
WI day for me....last before my vacation! Fingers crossed I meet my mini goal of 25 down. That was what I wanted to do by end of the summer....if I get there before vacation even better.... Will be time to set a new mini goal.
Good luck!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Good luck sgrealtor! WI for me too, feeling in the 1-2 range...we'll see!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good luck SGRealtor.....you've got this!!!!!!!!! Woohoo, you get to set a new goal soon!

(From Weds thread)

1) Thanks so much to all the sweet words of congrats, friends! I know for a fact that this site helped me infinitely more than any other tool. I am so grateful to everyone here! I took a picture of my loss sheet and was looking at my weekly or biweekly losses (and whoa....a LOT of inches!) and just thought I'd remind everyone who might feel discouraged that my biggest loss week was my first one at 4.6 lbs. All in all, though, my losses averaged in the 2 lbs range with about 1.5 the past 4 weeks. The less I had to lose, the less I lost. Don't get discouraged!!!!

2) PishPosh....I did the early tasks of the Beck book quickly as they were prep tasks. I had talked with a friend who lost a lot on South Beach before I chose IP. So, I mentally decided South Beach would be my back-up. Though, I only got this book a few weeks ago....I will be searching South Beach for maintenance ideas as I think the principles are similar with some tweaking. What has helped me the most so far with Beck's ideas, is making sure I sit to eat and mindfully enjoy eating (mom of two young kids means I am always in a rush). I had also gotten lazy with journaling my food since I knew I was not cheating and my coach never asked to see. But I switched to MyFitnessPal and LOVE it - I really enjoy seeing the nutritional values and know it is going to help me to become more aware of these for maintenance. My next task is building in a work-out routine as I have yet to do this. My coach gave me the green light, but my inlaws are here this week and my own parents are coming next week. EEEEEeeeeek!

My son has his first day of second grade today. Sniff sniff! He's such a big boy now. Love this kid. He grabbed my face yesterday when I got home from work and said, "Give me a kiss, Pretty Lady!", lol!

He turns 8 tomorrow, and we bought him a 6 week introductory course to an amazing martial arts program in our area. I think he's going to love it!

Have a great day, all! Off to eat a little meat in my breakfast since this double 8 oz. of protein on P2 is overwhelming!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Back from vacation and I pretty much stayed OP - had to make a few tough choices but made it work and the restaurants we visited were all accommodating. No official WI for me this week but my home scale shows about 2.5 loss for the week.

Missed y'all - hope things are going well!
Old 08-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone,
Made it through my first day of work with no cheats!! When I saw some of the things that I would normally snack on I just kept telling myself " I like myself thin more than I like the way that food taste". It was 97 degrees here yesterday and the A/C was not working at school. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I came straight home and immediately jumped into the pool. Anyway, off to UCLA today for a post OP appointment with my son. I will have to switch my lunch and dinner today because we will be in the car for a few hours after his appointment right at dinner time.

Evemomma,
I will be following your posts to see how it goes and learn from you. I am not there yet but get nervous and excited even thinking about moving to phase 2
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 228/198/165

Height: 5'11"

Evemomma--your son! SO PRECIOUS!

Jemma--Yay! for Day1 OP. You know you can do it!

Sgrealtor--good luck!

Here's a question for today: What do you do when you REALLY don't feel like eating what you planned? I'm not talking about a choice to stay on program or eat something totally off the wall (though I'm sure that temptation will come)--for example, yesterday morning, I had planned an omelet with veggies and when the time came, it just sounded terrible. NO part of me wanted to eat it.

The way I figure it, I have two options:
1. Strengthen the will-power muscle, stick to my plan, and eat it no matter how distasteful it is in the moment.
2. Adapt the plan for this meal to something else equally OP that *does* appeal to my taste at the moment.

Being the over-intellectualizer that I am, I can come up with solid arguments in support of both courses of action. Choice 1 prepares me (and my resistance/willpower) for tough situations down the road, Choice 2 helps me learn to be more intuitive about food, builds less resentment about my eating plan (making me less tempted to abandon it in the future), etc. etc. etc.

What do you all think?

In case you're curious, I ate the omelet yesterday--practically had to choke it down (felt like I was a kid again; I HATED eggs ) but it really wasn't a big deal after about an hour...
Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

So happy made my goal! Another 1.5 this week.....great way to head off to vacation.....

Last edited by Sgrealtor1; 08-14-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post

Sgrealtor--good luck!

Here's a question for today: What do you do when you REALLY don't feel like eating what you planned? I'm not talking about a choice to stay on program or eat something totally off the wall (though I'm sure that temptation will come)--for example, yesterday morning, I had planned an omelet with veggies and when the time came, it just sounded terrible. NO part of me wanted to eat it.

1. Strengthen the will-power muscle, stick to my plan, and eat it no matter how distasteful it is in the moment.
2. Adapt the plan for this meal to something else equally OP that *does* appeal to my taste at the moment.

Being the over-intellectualizer that I am, I can come up with solid arguments in support of both courses of action. Choice 1 prepares me (and my resistance/willpower) for tough situations down the road, Choice 2 helps me learn to be more intuitive about food, builds less resentment about my eating plan (making me less tempted to abandon it in the future), etc. etc. etc.

What do you all think?

In case you're curious, I ate the omelet yesterday--practically had to choke it down (felt like I was a kid again; I HATED eggs ) but it really wasn't a big deal after about an hour...
You know, I ran into this more than a few times and I just tried to have some extra packets on hand so if something appealed more to me than what I had planned I could sub it out. I think it's important to be flexible while still being OP - good training for maintenance. There's no point in hating what you are eating at the moment. As long as you are making good choices, go with what sounds good. This diet is restrictive enough without forcing down food just because it is what you planned.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Still struggling to get back in gear and 100% on the program. I have not given up the war, just admit that I lost one battle along the way. Having my clothes now fit very snugly where before they were quite comfortable is penance and a reminder!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarajoyus View Post

Sgrealtor--good luck!

What do you all think?

I have gone through this and nothing sounds good! I just ate what I had to for IP. It lasted for quite a while. I just wasn't hungry anymore! I didn't want to eat at all!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:33 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Still struggling to get back in gear and 100% on the program. I have not given up the war, just admit that I lost one battle along the way. Having my clothes now fit very snugly where before they were quite comfortable is penance and a reminder!
You are so close to being done. You can do one of two things.
1. Get your head back in the game and get that last bit off! Really hard!
2. You can phase out and complete it later, after learning how to maintain!
Neither is wrong! You've done a wonderful job!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

So I have been in maintenance over the summer....then went on vacation for a few weeks and threw caution to the wind...ugh! I gained back 6 lbs of the 40 I lost. I went to the intro meeting at our local IP store just to get me back into the swing of it. Today is my first day of Phase 1 (round 2). I ordered the ketone sticks today also. I find that I like to know when I am producing ketones. I am really looking forward to that feeling of fat burning! But I am not looking forward to these next few days. It seems to take me a really long time to get into that phase....about a week. Most seem to get there in 3 days. Oh well...I am going to stay strong...I hope!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #15  

Eve momma, your son sounds wonderful!

JJTx, way to go. Vacation is hard!

Jemma51, going back myself! Have to stay away from my friends store for teachers! Catered meals happen the first week and I have to attend!
Closed Thread