Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 8/12/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Lisa - sorry to hear of your troubles yesterday....

Getting a badly needed massage this am. Found that these really help with my back issues. Although dumping 24 Lbs has also helped! LOL

Also have a late day appointment....
Old 08-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Lisa - hope things settle down soon. Such a waste of energy and resources.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Weighed in this morning and another less than 2 pound loss this week. My coach seems more concerned about it than I do. She suggested I see how this week goes and then cut out restricteds or do a boot camp next week if it's still another single pound loss. I'm not too concerned, because I feel like I'm still on track to meet my -50 pounds by Labor Day goal. I will say I have been feeling like my inches are fluctuating a lot. Some days the new clothes I've bought seem like they don't fit at all, and I think maybe I was kidding myself by thinking I fit into that size now. I'm clear of my cycle, so I don't think it's that. Most of it is probably mind games, but a tiny part of me is concerned that this is the smallest I'll get.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #5  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Weighed in this morning and another less than 2 pound loss thit'ss week. My coach seems more concerned about it than I do. She suggested I see how this week goes and then cut out restricteds or do a boot camp next week if it's still another single pound loss I'm not too concerned, because I feel like I'm still on track to meet my -50 pounds by Labor Day goal. I will say I have been feeling like my inches are fluctuating a lot. Some days the new clothes I've bought seem like they don't fit at all, and I think maybe I was kidding myself by thinking I fit into that size now. I'm clear of my cycle, so I don't think it's that. Most of it is probably mind games, but a tiny part of me is concerned that this is the smallest I'll get.
I don't understand your coach! I have had smaller losses as I get closer to goal, and I think it's to be expected! Not sure cutting MORE calories is the solution...we're low enough! Also, heavy cardio is NOT part of protocol. For me, the last ten pounds have come off around 1.5 a week. Good for you for not stressing! I decided I would only get concerned if my losses stopped. They haven't. ..they just slowed. Proportionally, it makes sense!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #6  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

I too have seen the news and Lisa, stay safe and my prayers not only go out to you, they also go out to the family of the 18 yr old that lost his life. He was supposed to start college yesterday.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

Sitting at dentist whilst my son gets sealants. Peace and quiet rarely found these days! My wxtended family stay has been wearing, but i'm hanging in there. I mad 2.5lbs of IP friendly pork tenderloin....delicious!!!! Marinated with liquid smoke, onion powder, garlic, pepper and soy sauce. Seared all sides on high and put in EVOO sprayed pan with 1/2c water. Baked at 400F until internal temp rose to 160F (well-done...as hubby likes). This will be so helpful on P2!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and switch over to P2. I'm nervous about making goal since my TOM should be here AND it's been a stressful time with house. Wish me luck!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Lisa - sorry to hear of your troubles yesterday....

Getting a badly needed massage this am. Found that these really help with my back issues. Although dumping 24 Lbs has also helped! LOL

Also have a late day appointment....
There was quite a bit posted around weight loss and balance & body/back adjustments a while back (maybe a year ago or so). It was pretty interesting, and made sense.

Quote:
Weighed in this morning and another less than 2 pound loss this week. My coach seems more concerned about it than I do. She suggested I see how this week goes and then cut out restricteds or do a boot camp next week if it's still another single pound loss. I'm not too concerned, because I feel like I'm still on track to meet my -50 pounds by Labor Day goal. I will say I have been feeling like my inches are fluctuating a lot. Some days the new clothes I've bought seem like they don't fit at all, and I think maybe I was kidding myself by thinking I fit into that size now. I'm clear of my cycle, so I don't think it's that. Most of it is probably mind games, but a tiny part of me is concerned that this is the smallest I'll get.
I agree with you Pishposhappelsauce, you are doing terrific. A few weeks of less than 2 lbs each would not concern me either. It's certainly not a stall which is what I hear Boot Camp usually is for.

Have a great day all!

Barb
Old 08-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #9  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
I don't understand your coach! I have had smaller losses as I get closer to goal, and I think it's to be expected! Not sure cutting MORE calories is the solution...we're low enough! Also, heavy cardio is NOT part of protocol. For me, the last ten pounds have come off around 1.5 a week. Good for you for not stressing! I decided I would only get concerned if my losses stopped. They haven't. ..they just slowed. Proportionally, it makes sense!
Sorry, by boot camp, I meant IP boot camp - having only liquid foods (soups, shakes, etc.) for a week. I agree with you though, I think lower losses are to be expected, but I would love a huge woosh in either scale number or inches. Going to stick it out and drink tons and tons of water this week.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #10  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

I haven't had much to say lately. Don't know why but just feeling quiet. Anyhow week 11 WI this morning and down 1.6 lbs. I made it to the 160's whoop whoop. I'm very excited about it but for some reason I'm not there mentally if that makes any sense. My losses have been slowing as some others have mentioned. I don't know why but I feel like I'm still inching along and that's okay.
I tried updating my ticker but it wants me to create a brand new one ??

School starts tomorrow so, I'm back to work after a 10 week vacation. Dreading it because I'm in a safety net here when it comes to food. I will be surrounded with temptation all day everyday for the next 9 months. UGH!! Yesterday was our back to school welcome meeting. Food was everywhere. Breakfast burritos in the morning and several pasta dishes for lunch. I had my veggies.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hello all!

Are bean sprouts allow on phase one?
Old 08-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #12  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Sorry, by boot camp, I meant IP boot camp - having only liquid foods (soups, shakes, etc.) for a week. I agree with you though, I think lower losses are to be expected, but I would love a huge woosh in either scale number or inches. Going to stick it out and drink tons and tons of water this week.
You have a great attitude! Sometimes those pounds come off really slowly the closer you get to goal. I'd have really small losses or no losses for a several weeks followed by a big loss.

And really, you have the right idea - you're still losing, there's no need to "fix" anything. Sounds like you have a very impatient coach!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #13  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default Funny Thoughts

Our terminology really isn't clear. I'm not poking fun at anyone but all of us and the terms we use - it is sort of odd when we stop and think about it. I'm sure you have heard people reference the Whoosh Fairy? Imagine a glittering pixy actually came into your room at night and bonked you with a wand! I'd probably lose weight just wetting the bed from the fright The diet police - "Ma'm, do you have a permit for that string cheese in your purse? I'm afraid we're going to have to call this one in..." Boot Camp - picturing biggest loser, American Ninja, or Wipe Out style obstacle courses at strategic locations around the world. Drivers bye would see overweight people struggling to get over walls and swinging from monkey bars with coaches walking around with clip boards. Onederland - a magical place with fluffy clouds and fashionable clothing - all on sale!

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-12-2014 at 12:30 PM. Reason: I believe in you Whoosh Fairy! I believe!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Are bean sprouts allow on phase one?
Hi!
Do you have a p1 sheet?
There right under select veggies!
Enjoy
Old 08-12-2014, 11:13 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You have a great attitude! Sometimes those pounds come off really slowly the closer you get to goal. I'd have really small losses or no losses for a several weeks followed by a big loss.

And really, you have the right idea - you're still losing, there's no need to "fix" anything. Sounds like you have a very impatient coach!
Thanks, Ruth Ann. I'm not concerned about the slower losses for just that reason, I'm really close to goal. Coach wasn't being pushy, she just didn't want me to be discouraged and was surprised that I wasn't. Guess that's the difference between someone reading other peoples' experiences on a forum like this and people who go through it somewhat isolated.
Closed Thread