Old 08-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #1  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

Smile I am back!

Hello ladies,

I've been on here for awhile but lost track due to life. I've managed to keep my weight down, I've only gained around 10lbs but that has seen me tip from ONDERLAND back to around 203. Boo. However, I am ready to get to my goal weight of 135lbs. I have started walking long distances (4-8 miles a day and sometimes twice a day) and jogging (around two miles). I've decided I want to become a serious runner so if anyone has any tips, that'd be great. I'm working my way up slowly. The only thing is that I need to stop eating crap foods. I had done well for two months but this past week, I've done very poorly. But tomorrow is a new day and I am more than committed no matter what life throws in my way. I've maintained at around a size 12 but I still feel as though I did when I was a 22/24. I don't know why I can't get that out of my head. Does anyone else feel like that? Anyway, here is a recent picture of me against when I was at my heaviest. I don't even look like the same person.

So, I am back and ready to drop the last 60lbs to get to goal weight. I would love to hear from other runners and maybe some good diets as I am looking to maybe go low carb (not no carb) for a bit.

Let's do this, ladies!

Last edited by reallytrying; 08-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.
reallytrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:36 AM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hello, I'm in a similar situation weight wise, having regained 40 or so pounds from goal but I'm also in a size 12 and feeling like I weigh 275lbs again and something has to change so I'm working my way back down. It's super hard getting back on track but congratulations on two good months before the past week. In fairness, one week can be nothing in the face of two good months and it's awesome that you're getting back on track now instead of letting a week become y'kno weeks.

I'm a bit of a carbaholic so in real life, I don't do low carb but I'm in a wedding this weekend so I'm doing no-carb and it's super hard. One thing I'm learning though, is that there are all sorts of things you can do with veggies to simulate carb. Zucchini "spaghetti," cauliflower "rice," Spaghetti squash... That can replace some of the carb in your life. What I used to like to do (not because it's low carb but because it allows me to have a large plate of food) is replace half a serving of a carb like rice with veggies. So maybe mix half a cup of rice with 2 cups of riced cauliflower and it looks like a whole load of carbs. Maybe check the low-carb boards on 3FC as well. I'm sure they have recipes and ideas and maybe tips for living a low carb life.

Re running, definitely look into the C25k running program on google. Or better yet if you can, get an app. I use an app called Get Running (but there are several similar available) and it's a 9-week long program that allows you to listen to your music or whatever and then gives you prompts of intervals to run an walk in between, building you up until you are running 30 minutes at a time by the end of the 9 weeks. If you've already built up to running 2 miles then you're probably doing a good job building by yourself but I've done SEVERAL (I use it every single time I run even though I often run through the walk cycles) cycles of C25K to motivate me and help me work on speed and give me time markers to help me with my running. It's definitely worth looking into.

I'm super excited for us as we forge ahead with our journeys. We can totally do this!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote