Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #1  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 8/11/14

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #2  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!
Man..it's Monday. I normally don't work Mondays but, had to alter my schedule this week to accommodate child care. eh...

Last Friday my dad started IP. He found out last month that he has prostate cancer and wants to lose the weight so he can have surgery. If he loses enough weight he can do laproscopic surgery instead of surgery that will require him to be opened up vertically...I guess kind of like we women and a C-section. He's doing great, not complaining about hunger or anything. He is trying to be proactive and lose the weight before the doctor tells him too. He doesn't want to slow down the process of being able to have surgery.

My mom isn't following IP since she has a thyroid issue and high blood pressure but, she is eating similar foods as my dad. I told her ten one she will still see losses on the scale from it all.

I'll keep you posted on my dad, he's seen me, my husband and my brother lose tons of weight on this, I think it will blow his mind that he too can and will.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #3  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Morning everyone!
Man..it's Monday. I normally don't work Mondays but, had to alter my schedule this week to accommodate child care. eh...

Last Friday my dad started IP. He found out last month that he has prostate cancer and wants to lose the weight so he can have surgery. If he loses enough weight he can do laproscopic surgery instead of surgery that will require him to be opened up vertically...I guess kind of like we women and a C-section. He's doing great, not complaining about hunger or anything. He is trying to be proactive and lose the weight before the doctor tells him too. He doesn't want to slow down the process of being able to have surgery.

My mom isn't following IP since she has a thyroid issue and high blood pressure but, she is eating similar foods as my dad. I told her ten one she will still see losses on the scale from it all.

I'll keep you posted on my dad, he's seen me, my husband and my brother lose tons of weight on this, I think it will blow his mind that he too can and will.
Sorry to hear about your dad but glad he is doing IP.

Has anyone tried the new IP pancake syrup? I just wondered how it compared to WF?
Old 08-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #4  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #5  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi iPeeps - Oooofff, I'm hungry today! Been hungry all weekend as my normal schedule was thrown off by visitors. I definitely waited too long between meals etc. Stayed OP, but it was tough. Did have an extra pack on a late night. It was definitely the right decision.

I have received many comments about my weight loss this morning. Must be the new shirt. It is great hearing them, of course, but I do feel awkward about it. I know they mean the compliments, but I still have 54 lbs to lose, so the effusiveness is a bit overwhelming. I smile, say thank you. When they ask how I am feeling about it I answer truthfully, I'm feeling relieved and focused on staying focused as I still have more to go.

Do others also feel a little weirded out by the attention?
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #6  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Johnsdeere: I'm sorry about your dad but I'm glad they have a plan of actions! Many prayers for him!

Rayze: I'm not really weirded out...it is motivating to me when people notice. LOL. But that is really awesome that people are noticing!

I had a great WI today...down 6 pounds. As I mentioned in a previous daily thread: this is the first week that I had a restricted every day (either the maple oatmeal or a bar) and a few days I had a 4th packet (a blueberry-cran granata for the collagen) and it didn't hurt my weight loss at all!

Best yet is that I am 2 pounds away from being able to say "I have less than 100 pounds to lose!" woohoo!

My only regret is not starting this diet sooner! ;P
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #7  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad but glad he is doing IP.

Has anyone tried the new IP pancake syrup? I just wondered how it compared to WF?
Thank you Sophie, I appreciate it. Sorry no info on the pancake syrup...I follow IP using alternatives. I have the WF syrup but, still have yet to try it. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi iPeeps - Oooofff, I'm hungry today! Been hungry all weekend as my normal schedule was thrown off by visitors. I definitely waited too long between meals etc. Stayed OP, but it was tough. Did have an extra pack on a late night. It was definitely the right decision.

I have received many comments about my weight loss this morning. Must be the new shirt. It is great hearing them, of course, but I do feel awkward about it. I know they mean the compliments, but I still have 54 lbs to lose, so the effusiveness is a bit overwhelming. I smile, say thank you. When they ask how I am feeling about it I answer truthfully, I'm feeling relieved and focused on staying focused as I still have more to go.

I've done extra packets before as well. Good news is you know what caused the hunger. I hope your schedule gets back on track this week.

There is something about people noticing our weight loss...sometimes it's just a matter of wearing a different article of clothing or cut/style that just shows the weight loss. Embrass the good stuff....though you have 54 still to lose, your working it and getting closer and closer.
I get weirded out when it's the same people noticing it and every time I see them they are focusing on my weight loss and my weight loss alone. I have one person who I really like but, every time I see them they call me skinny. I don't identify with skinny....I still feel on the inside at times like I'm 234lbs not 161, ya know what I mean? I was fat longer than I was slim...for years. It's still me on the inside of this body, I forget I look different...really different in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Johnsdeere: I'm sorry about your dad but I'm glad they have a plan of actions! Many prayers for him!

Rayze: I'm not really weirded out...it is motivating to me when people notice. LOL. But that is really awesome that people are noticing!

I had a great WI today...down 6 pounds. As I mentioned in a previous daily thread: this is the first week that I had a restricted every day (either the maple oatmeal or a bar) and a few days I had a 4th packet (a blueberry-cran granata for the collagen) and it didn't hurt my weight loss at all!

Best yet is that I am 2 pounds away from being able to say "I have less than 100 pounds to lose!" woohoo!

My only regret is not starting this diet sooner! ;P
Thank you for the prayers, I appreciate it Nat.

When they said eat all your food...they really do mean it don't they. Your body obviously really needed the extra carbs. Congrats on the 2lbs away from 100, that is awesome!

Regrets......eh.....you have to have a certain mindset and things happen for a reason. I think you really needed to be fed up with being in your own skin, I think that creates determination to get one day, one pound closer to your goal. Congrats on your achievements..seriously!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Nat1015- great wi

Busy morning here...lots of errands to run. My son just got contacts and wanted some sunglasses for the trip. Also needed to get dog food for the trip. Need to pack the dogs bag to lol.

Working tonight, but dinner is turkey tenderloin on the grill.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #9  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I have a question regarding the vitamins that we take along with the diet. I find them to be quite expensive and I was wondering if I could switch them with alternatives from the pharmacy? Do I HAVE to buy them from IP? I'm thinking of taking the bottles to my pharmacist and asking her to find me something closest to them and cheapest option. What do you say?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #10  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Morning everyone!

Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad that he is trying his best to avoid open surgery and is on this diet. Wishing him best of luck!
Old 08-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everybody!

Johnsdeere: So glad your dad decided to be proactive with the weight loss before surgery. That's a smart move.

I had another no weight loss week. OK, I went from 167 to 166.9. But, instead, I lost 1" on my waist, 1 1/2" on my thighs, and 1/4" on the batwings. I know the measurements are accurate because I'm the one doing them. Then I get on the scale this morning and I'm down 1.1 lbs. So, things are moving slowly, but at least they are moving in the right direction. I also had an NSV this weekend, wore a size 10 top, and it wasn't a stretchy one either.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Ok has anyone had this problem since losing weight- my husband showed a side that I haven't seen in a long time, if ever. He accused me of hiding something on my phone the other night, of course I was not. He said that I got off of it quickly when he walked into the room and had a guilty look on my face. He was so pissed that he slept on the couch. Wth?
Old 08-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #13  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Johnsdeere:
I am hoping this works for your dad and kudos to your family
Old 08-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #14  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post

Rayze!! To have lost 54 lbs is a major accomplishment -- give yourself a pat on the back! Yes, you know you have more to lose, but you have done a terrific thing by taking the first step to get started losing, and then staying with it make it to the halfway point of your weight loss journey.

Enjoy the good feedback now -- as folks get used to seeing that you are 'casting a smaller shadow' the compliments will become fewer and fewer... and sometimes they turn into those well-meaning remarks about how you should be careful not to lose too much...

You deserve recognition for such good results and the all the hard work that produced them!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #15  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

I am coming back to IP it is the one and only thing that has worked for me. I had hit 199 back in June and fell off the IP wagon. I am going to do this and make it a lifestyle change. I was happy and fulfilled when I did this the first time. My daughter is leaving for College next Friday and there is no better time than the present to get back in control of my life. I work out so hard some days and just put garbage in my mouth, WHY?
I feel that I can do this and achieve my goal of 185 and look good and stick to this way of life.
Closed Thread