Old 08-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanksgiving Goals!

Hey ladies and gents!

I know that it's still summer, and we're thinking about things like rockin' those swimsuits or back to school shopping, but I just realized something--we're less than 4 months from Thanksgiving. And with that date comes a whole different monster, the Holiday season.

It's all about chocolates and stuffing your face with turkey and stuffing, and office Christmas parties, and it's a heck of a time sticking to well-laid health plans.

Personally, I plan on taking the holiday season as a challenge of its own, but until then, I'd like to set and meet some goals for myself.

I know it seem far away, but Thanksgiving and all of the terrible and delicious things it brings will be here before you know it. Would anyone be interested in setting goals and keeping eachother accountable until that day?

I'm hoping to lose just over 10% of my weight, 30 lbs, in the next 16 weeks before Thanksgiving. And my non-scale goal is to be down 2 sizes, to a 16/18.

Anyone else in?

Last edited by Chelainabear; 08-01-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

I'm in! I hope to be down 20 lbs
All for accountability partners. Good luck to you!!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #3  

muguet We can do this!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #4  

Yes, yes we can!!

I forgot to include this, but I hope to do most of my weight loss through eating a balanced plant-based diet. I'm going through the awkward craving phase at the moment and hope to be balanced by then!!

How about you? Do you have specific diet goals before Thanksgiving?
Old 08-02-2014, 03:47 AM   #5  

Mostly just cutting out the things that I seem to be addicted to, that I KNOW are terrible for me. Most important being soda (regular, then eventually diet) and fast food. I'm trying not to get too specific with it, because I've gotten overwhelmed with that before.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204.5 /145

Height: 5'2

Hi chelainabear and muguet. I was reading the thread. I'd like to make a goal as well. I would like to reach 190 by Thanksgiving and not get out of breath when walking from the parking lot to my work office.
jscottsgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Hey guys! Can I join in, even though Thanksgiving doesn't really happen here? But hey, we have "Christmas Market Season" instead, which is like a one month long Thanksgiving
Anyways, my big goal is to reach the healthy BMI range by February 28 (my 3 year anniversary on this journey) - and to put some "buffer pounds" between myself and that "magical threshold". And preferably also some vanity pounds. Oh, and to get a tiny bit toned along the way
According to pretty much all sources, I'll cross over into healthy BMI land at around 140 pounds. So I think it would be great if I could reach (and solidly be in) the 140s by Thanksgiving, what with my pace having considerably slowed down and all.

(Good thing we are starting today when I'm back up to 155, for no apparent reason whatsoever )
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelainabear View Post
Mostly just cutting out the things that I seem to be addicted to, that I KNOW are terrible for me. Most important being soda (regular, then eventually diet) and fast food. I'm trying not to get too specific with it, because I've gotten overwhelmed with that before.
That goal is going to make a huge difference, I'm sure!! You can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscottsgigi View Post
Hi chelainabear and muguet. I was reading the thread. I'd like to make a goal as well. I would like to reach 190 by Thanksgiving and not get out of breath when walking from the parking lot to my work office.
Hey jscottsgigi! That's a great goal and we're cheering you on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
Anyways, my big goal is to reach the healthy BMI range by February 28 (my 3 year anniversary on this journey) - and to put some "buffer pounds" between myself and that "magical threshold". And preferably also some vanity pounds.
Hi JenteIsving!! I'm right there with you. Congrats for your amazing progress, I'm really inspired by your efforts! I've never been able to reach my healthy BMI range and hopefully by Thanksgiving we both will be there!
Take care!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204.5 /145

Height: 5'2

afternoon everyone. thanks muguet welcome to the thread Jentelsving best of luck with reaching your bmi.
jscottsgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:45 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscottsgigi View Post
Great! That sounds like an amazing goal, and I know you can do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
Hey guys! Can I join in, even though Thanksgiving doesn't really happen here? But hey, we have "Christmas Market Season" instead, which is like a one month long Thanksgiving
Anyways, my big goal is to reach the healthy BMI range by February 28 (my 3 year anniversary on this journey) - and to put some "buffer pounds" between myself and that "magical threshold". And preferably also some vanity pounds. Oh, and to get a tiny bit toned along the way
According to pretty much all sources, I'll cross over into healthy BMI land at around 140 pounds. So I think it would be great if I could reach (and solidly be in) the 140s by Thanksgiving, what with my pace having considerably slowed down and all.

(Good thing we are starting today when I'm back up to 155, for no apparent reason whatsoever )
Totally feel free to join in! I'm not sure the exact date of Thanksgiving this year, but I know it's the one of the last two weeks in November. Sounds like a perfect place to put a mini goal before your big one

I'm excited to hear about all of your progress!

Last edited by Chelainabear; 08-03-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/258/145

Height: 5'7"

This is my very first post here! Figured this thread was as good as any to start.

I'm trying to lose 32 pounds by Thanksgiving. My family has a Biggest Loser Challenge that wraps up just before we eat dinner. So far I'm in the lead, but my sister is stepping her efforts up.
Sunshine0514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 AM   #12  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Sunshine0514 That sounds like such a cool family tradition! Friendly competition is always good, and having your family all looking towards health and fitness must be a great motivator.

I'd personally like to be in maintenance for Thanksgiving, but I don't know if I will get there. Partly because I don't know what 140lbs (my current goal) will look like on me so I may have to lower my final goal, and partly because I doubt my ability to stick with this. lol
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/172/163

Height: 5'3"

I'd like to join!
My goal is to reach 160 by Thanksgiving or hopefully by my birthday which is also in November.
But when thanksgiving day comes, I plan on enjoying it. Its one day out of the whole year that I plan not to miss out on the gobble. LOL.... I just won't keep any leftovers.
Just ONE day to feast.
Start203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

My goal is 180 by Thanksgiving. I also want to stick to my vegan whole foods diet until then.

I just finished a stressful year long certification program. It feels amazing to be mostly through a bunch of career setbacks. Now it's time to work on my body!!

Last edited by Scarlett; 08-05-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #15  
Hello!

Height: 4'11"

Count me in too!
I would like to be down to 170 by then!
I've been unsure on what kind of goal to set and this seems like a great place to start. I don't have any specific plan I'm following I'm a picky eater with an even pickier body. So, if anyone has any ideas or helpful tips I'm all ears!

It's nice to know we are kinda all in this together!
alyrh is offline   Reply With Quote