General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Whole30/Paleo

Any other Whole30ers out there? Anyone doing Paleo? What are your go to lunches? Quick and easy stuff?
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #2  
Le Petit Papillon

S/C/G: 169/165/139

Height: 5'5"

I'm doing paleo. I usually have leftovers from dinner the previous day, because when I cook, I make enough for a few meals. I usually have a container of some cooked meat, some containers of sides to choose from, and fresh veggies cut in plastic baggies.
LePetitPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I cook soups/stews/chilis on weekends and freeze them in individual containers. You can also do that with curries or stir fries and freeze individual baggies of cauliflower rice to combine when you're eating it.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #4  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I cook soups/stews/chilis on weekends and freeze them in individual containers. You can also do that with curries or stir fries and freeze individual baggies of cauliflower rice to combine when you're eating it.
Yay! I was hoping I'd find a Whole30 forum!! I am on Day 9 of my first Whole30 and LOVING IT! I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it and how easy it is (as long as you PREPARE!) I do the same as Munchy - on the weekend I prep meals for the week, with some left over to freeze for another time, or, since my sisters are joining me, I've been sharing some of what I've prepared with them. For instance, today I made breakfast for the week - a spinach/mushroom crustless quiche (egg bake), and cut up 3 big grapefruit and portioned them out into 6 servings. For lunches for the week I made a big pot of beef/vegetable soup and a big pot of chili. For dinners I made 3 servings of stuffed zucchini with marinara and got salad fixins and spaghetti squash to have with that. Bought a small pork tenderloin and a small steak, and some veggies to grill (carrots, zucchini, onion). I tend to need a little something in the evening, so I bought a few peaches and a portion of seedless watermelon as 'treats'. I also made some ghee (clarified butter) to have on hand for cooking. It's been many years since I have done much cooking because I live by myself, kids are gone - but I have always loved to cook and suddenly this has been a challenge - an enjoyable challenge - to come up with yummy menu items that are all Whole30 compliant. The biggest thing I have missed is half n half in my coffee in the morning, but I found that the full-fat coconut milk in a can is a really good substitute. So, I'm really having fun with it. And I KNOW I'm not supposed to weigh until after the 30 days, but I felt like I was so satisfied and eating so much great stuff (fruit? yum!), that I was afraid I was on the wrong track and didn't want to get to the end of the 30 days not having lost anything. I wanted to see if I needed to 'tweak' anything. So, today I weighed. And TA-DAAAA! I've lost 6.8 lbs in this first 9 days. I am not going to weigh again.....well, maybe after another week goes by .......and I know the first few days of any diet is when you drop the most weight quickly, but I'm really encouraged. My niece, who I consider kind of a "skinny-minny" and her husband just finished a Whole 30 and she lost 9 lbs and he lost 20 lbs! So, I can say without a doubt - THIS WORKS! And, best thing is......it is whole, real, healthy food. NO junk. NO sugar. Not processed. Just GOOD!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

I'm doing modified paleo (I do eat some dairy, no grains or sugar). For lunches: leftovers, lunch meat (if I can find sugar-free) wrapped around veggies, meatballs (ground meat with garlic and tomato paste), lettuce wraps tacos, sub sandwiches WHOOPS, sorry I was dreaming there for a sec. hard boiled eggs, "banana bread" and almond butter sandwiches. The banana bread can double as a pancake. It's 1 banana, two eggs, and some almond meal if the batter is too runny. Cook on the stove or griddle just like a pancake.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #6  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose426 View Post
Any other Whole30ers out there? Anyone doing Paleo? What are your go to lunches? Quick and easy stuff?
Rose, where are you on your Whole 30? Looks like you are doing great with your weight loss. Have you been on Paleo very long? I'm a veteran dieter - without much success - and I'm ready to move away from short term 'diets' and instead adopt a new, sustainable way of eating. So far, I've found Whole 30 very easy - so Paleo should even be easier. Not much I would change about Whole 30 eating (after the 30 days is up) except to add in a little feta or bleu cheese in my salad, occasional greek yogurt, and a glass of wine if I'm out. But otherwise, this definitely seems like something I could adopt for the long-run.

Last edited by 3sisters; 08-03-2014 at 09:20 PM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:45 AM   #7  

I'm also doing Paleo

For breakfast I usually have egg whites with ham, avocado and cucumber or a salad with hard boiled eggs (yolks removed) with chickpeas and avocado and on the weekends, sometimes I'll make Paleo pancakes which are awesome! I got the recipe from a free recipe book I downloaded online from a website called Skinny Life Tea (can't post a link). Highly recommend!

Lunch will usually be salad with chicken, beef or fish and dinner is usually the same, or chicken/beef with roast veg or zuchinni spaghetti with bolognese sauce (also from that recipe book). Every now and then I'll also have some rye toast or quinoa if I'm really craving carbs and I'm working out a lot. It's working really well for me.
sarahbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #8  

I'm on Day 4 of Whole30 right now. It was sooo challenging for the last 3 days, but today, it is getting better. The thought of anything processed disgusts me. I am a little sad about not being able to have any sweets, though. (Funny because I do not have a sweet tooth! I'm a big grain-eater normally.) I'm doing this to help with an autoimmune disease flare-up, but the fact that I should lose a bit of weight with this really helps keep me motivated. I'm hoping to go back to paleo 90% of the time after this Whole30 is up. (I stuck with paleo during my second pregnancy - again, to help with autoimmune disorder. I gave birth weighing 10 pounds less than I did at my 4 week appointment, even though I was eating more than before. I also had the best skin, hair and health of my life! So much energy! I'm so mad I let myself go back to SAD.)

Today, for lunch, I made tuna salad... I made my own grapeseed mayo and added mustard, half an apple, pepper, and paprika to a family sized pack of tuna. My kids and I ate it together.

Normally, I try to eat leftovers for lunch. I seek out "nom nom Paleo" and "PaleOMG" bloggers for more recipe ideas.

Last edited by icantbelieveit; 08-14-2014 at 03:18 PM.
icantbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote