Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Default The Worldlies Are Burning Up Calories In The Aug. Heat(August Thread)

I came to post in this thread and saw that there wasnt a new one so I thought I would make a new one for us, I hope everyone likes the title for Aug.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-01-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura ~ Thats cool that you still have cd's you want to get on the computer so you can put them on your cell phone's MP3. I will definitely enjoy my walks today.

Michelle & Susie ~ Thanks, Im looking forward to the first session on Thursday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:00 AM this morning so chances are I'll definitely take a nap before we go run errands at 2:00 pm today but anyway so far today I've done my everyday morning duties and now Im just watching t.v and posting on here and on 2 other forums while ripping cd's to the computer so I can put them on my MP3 Player and thats all Im doing right now. I'll get my 30 min outside walk in this morning and I'll get my 5 mile walk in tonight as well.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. Just popping in to say Hi. It's bright and sunny in Ohio today. I posted a long post on our July thread last night, just in case you want to read it.

Today we are getting an oil change in the car, going to see the movie about James Brown and trying a new rootbeer stand. Last day of vacation for me--I have so enjoyed my week off!

Terra: Thanks for starting the new thread--I love the title! 5:00 a.m. is early to get up! I only get up at close to that time (5:30 a.m.) when I'm working. My normal get up time on the weekends is between 7:30- 8:00 a.m.
Enjoy your nap later on today and doing your errands.

Hello to everyone else! Have a great day!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

Susie ~ Thanks, Im glad you love the title of the Aug. thread. Yeah 5 am is early to get up but I couldnt fall back to sleep so I decided just to get up. I love running errands so I'll definitely enjoy it. I normally get up any time between 7 am and 9 am. I usually cant sleep past 9.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everyone,

Terra - thanks for setting up the new thread. It's August - we should be sweating! Except for Shad of course.

I'm a tiny bit concerned we may be in for another dreadful winter like last year. I told DH that the hummingbirds were swarming - that means they are in a frenzy to drink up and get as much food as they can before they start their long trip south. He said he felt we just had a lot of birds but sure enough, yesterday their numbers dropped substantially. We still have quite a few but they were drinking 8 cups of sugar water - yes - 8 for 4 feeders a day at their peak. He said it's too early for them to leave - they should be here until almost the end of September but I said nature and instincts tell them what to do, not the weather channel. He's pulling out the cucumber plants - they are not doing well with 40 degree temperature swings between night and day. I'm so glad I didn't put in a garden this year although I will have a huge job of clearing weeds when I get back.

Sorry I haven't been posting much - I have been heads down trying to get everything I need to completed before I leave next week. 6 days and counting up busy. I did get my pension buyout papers. An extremely cheap and disappointing buyout but the company has changed hands 3 times in 16 years and I am tired of chasing them and will have to do so for the next 5 years if I continue to leave my money there. So I'll take it and hope DH can grow it into something decent. Pity how companies expect loyalty and give very little back to the employees.

Anyway... Laura I am sorry to hear of your plumbing issues. We had to deal with the exact same thing in 2003. You are right about the sewer pipes busting up. We had a tree right by the pipe and we suspected the roots broke the pipe but the plumber said it just died of old age. With us I noticed soap suds in the window well after I had washed dishes. At least you didn't have a huge basement mess although it is quite inconvenient and costly too - on your dime as insurance does not pay anything towards it. Glad the weight loss numbers worked in your favor too.

Michelle - have a good time at the wedding celebration this weekend.

Shad - sounds like you have your work cut out for you now that you are back home again. At least you have some tomatoes to give you sustenance I'm sure you'll make quick work of getting things in order again. Sorry to hear about the plumbing woes. Hope it is not costly.

Annie - hope the interview went well.

Ceejay - take some time to enjoy yourself on the weekend.

Susie - glad you had a good time on vacation although you sound as if you were busy every minute. It sure went by fast, didn't it?

I have to get ready for my afternoon shift. I wasn't going to go in by my partner got sick with bee stings last week and wasn't able to make it in and we wanted to spend some time together before I leave so I said I'd come in.

Happy August everyone - hope this will be a successful month for us. I finished out the month 9 pounds down - hit 10 but then I had a salty dinner yesterday.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Terra - Thanks for setting up the thread. We're definitely sweatin' here in the upper 90s in Northern CA.

Susie - Enjoy the movie.

Happy - Good that you got your pension buyout. Your DH is smart. He'll find a way to make the most out of it. Have a good afternoon at the shop. I imagine you have a lot to check off your to do list before you go.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #7  

Hello Eveyrone. We have a rainy morning here in Ohio. DH is about to do the grocery shopping and I will clean the kitchen, bathroom and dust two more rooms.

We really enjoyed the movie yesterday. The new rootbeer place that we tried was ok. We still like the one that we usually frequent in the summer better.

I plan to get on the treadmill today for 30 min as well. I'm toying with signing up for a 4 mile walk in October. It's a race and there is a 4 mile walk as well as a half and full marathon. You can run or walk and for me it is all about doing my personal best. It is for Women only. I can register by the middle of September. I told myself that if for the next 3 weeks I stick to a training schedule of doing the treadmill 3 times a week and the bike of ellipitcal 1 time a week for at least 30 min I will sign up. I haven't done a organized race over a year and so I think it might be time.

Michelle: Sounds like it is pretty warm in your part of CA. Stay cool!

Happy: You do have a lot to get done before you leave on your trip. I think you are the most busy retired person I know!

I'm sure your husband will do well with your retirment investment options and you will have the peace of mind that you don't have to chase the funds all over the place if/when the former employeer keeps being sold or changing the group that is handling it.

It was interesting to hear about the humming birds. I hope we won't have a early/long winter but I keep telling my DH that most days, it feels like late September here instead of early August. I have enjoyed the cooler summer days and nice evenings but I sure don't want a long winter.

I best get busy and get some things done. Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

Happy ~ Yeah I agree we should be sweating, Since Shad lives in another country is that why she wouldnt be sweating? Just wondering. I used to know a woman who had a condition that caused her not to sweat ever. I wish I didnt sweat when working out but then again how would I know if I was burning calories if I didnt sweat you know?

Michelle ~ Your welcome, Yeah its been pretty hot here in Kansas too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 10 AM this morning which I havent done in a long time I usually get up anywhere between 7 am and 9 am, I usually cant sleep past 9 but I sure did today. So far today I've done my morning duties like always and I just got done eating breakfast, Now Im just watching t.v and posting on this forum and on 2 other forums, I havent didnt do my morning 30 min walk this morning since I didnt get up until 10 am and Its too hot already at 10 am but I'll still get my 5 mile walk in this evening and I'll make sure I get up at 6 am tomorrow so I can go walk by 8 am tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Terra1984; 08-03-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This is a quiet place. I was getting to many pop ups on this sight at work.
I worked an extra day on Friday and thought I may have to work today but luckily didn't have to. My co-worker's son was involved in a wreck on Thursday afternoon. Thankfully he's okay, cut's and bruises.
Went to Jonesboro today mainly to eat fish at my favorite place and stopped by Bed bath and beyond. Didn't find what I was looking for which was a new garbage can that was a certain size.
Got back home this afternoon needing a nap so I laid down on the couch and slept till 8 p.m. Thought I had overslept for work tomorrow.
It's late so I'll try to post more tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Where is every one?
Old 08-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #11  
Choose your hard

Hello, hello. Sorry guys. Head down, working on stuff. Forgot to come here.

Ceejay - sometimes I seem to get a deeper sleep when I take a nap. Hope that didn't interfere with your regular sleep cycle for the night. I'm with you on the garbage can hunt - why is it so hard to find a decent trash can? And the prices of some of them are just insane.

Terra - Joy lives "down under" and on the other side of the world from us. So her seasons are the opposite of ours. When we are in summer, she is in winter. The craziest thing to me is that she celebrates Christmas in the middle of summer. I suppose when that is what you are used to, that's normal - right? Christmas with no snow just isn't Christmas. I don't like to sweat (intensely) either but I feel sorry for that woman who can't sweat at all. That is dangerous as her body doesn't have a way of cooling itself off. How is your quilt coming along?

Susie - how fun that you are doing the race walk. That is on my bucket / ambition list too - to do a walking 5K. I think it's great to train on the treadmill and then get some practice in on uneven terrain on the walking paths. Glad that you were able to enjoy your vacation, even if it did zoom quickly by. I'm not sure if I am the most busy retired person but I know that I sure do enjoy my "busyness" a whole lot more than my work busy. I still tend to not get to the things (like stacks of books to read) or drawing or writing that I should be doing. I think I will leave that for winter in the house activities and then I don't get to it. Must plan my life better I hope you got all your housework done. That's nice that DH helps with the grocery shopping. I cringe to think what we'd be eating if DH did the shopping although he is very good about going and picking up things if I give him a specific list. He's just not good at off the cuff thinking of things to cook.

Michelle - hope that you are having a great time at the wedding fun this weekend. Hope they had a nice ceremony and reception. Are you up to dancing?

Annie - saw your post on FB I can only imagine how sad and frustrating this whole job hunt is going for you. I hope you do not let it get to you and start to doubt yourself. I don't EVER remember the job hunting being as bad as it is now. So many people competing for very little to offer. Don't take it personal, it's the hard times we are facing. Try to direct your energies to good things and the kids although I know kindness does not pay the bills or buy food. Still sending you good thoughts.

Laura - are you busy outside in the garden? I am having a very difficult time getting people to commit to specific things on my trip so that I can firm up plans. Everyone is like... we will decide when you get here or see what the weather is like. I am still hoping we can meet up in OB. I guess I will have to call you when I get there. Would you rather do a weekend over a week night? Does Sunday work for you? I hope the plumbing issues got fixed.

Same for you Shad - is everything taken care of? Welcome home. Are you hot now? Weather must be much warmer at home. How is Sunday the cat reacting to you? Is she rather indifferent now that you've been away?

I am making headway on my to do list. So far I don't have to be in panic mode which is good. DH wants to go to Minneapolis to take pictures of a live butterfly exhibit they have at the zoo. I told him I am not comfortable with him going away so far when I am not at home. If something (God forbid) happened to him on the road, the cats would be abandoned. Call me stupid but I do worry about stuff like that. So he agreed to go while I am still here as the exhibit will close the weekend I return. That gives me almost an entire day to bat things out which is good for me. Sometimes you can get a lot done when you are by yourself, even if the other person is not bothering you.

It sure was chilly last night. Hot during the day - DH was worn out from doing yard work but I went to bed with a light blanket and woke up in the middle of the night curled in a tight ball (which was not comfortable) because I was so cold. So I got another blanket and went to sleep. 89 during the day, 42 at night is rather drastic temperature swings. Like living in the desert. Anyway I should get busy here. Tomorrow is going to be a super busy day for me - lots of errands to run, I have my 2 hour shift standing out and begging for donations for our tag day fundraiser so I'm not sure if I will get in here in the morning - most likely not. But will catch you on the other side. I do feel bad that I sent some copy for an article and a mention for Tag Day in our local paper and it did not appear. I thought I was careful with the email address and darn if I didn't put an extra double LL in the name (misspelled). I am rather ticked that it did not kick back as undeliverable. Given the circumstances I did not want to bug the newspaper people but I should have just dropped the paper copy off at the newspaper office. I am mad at my stupid mistake. Oh well I hope it does not affect our donations.

Anyway, happy Sunday to you all.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Been busy round here. The weather is 'interesting' as it has been hot (up to 30C) during the day and around 4C at night. We expect 20C drops at night but not the 30 during the day. 23 or 24C is more normal.
So yes I have been busy - cutting the hedge, doing some gardening, poisoning the weeds, cleaning the house, paying bills and thinking about my taxes. Not a pretty thought.

Miss Puss is very happy to be home. She is eating better and drinking some water and purring, dribbling and dropping fur all over the bed. Apparently I am very good for sleeping on top of and she is never amused when I need to change position in the bed.

Today - since it has rained overnight I might just go down the road and do some shopping for garden plants and then come home to dig over the garden. The laundry is up to date and I just need to sweep and wash the floor in the house. So I guess it might be time to get into it. I also need to make appointments for dentist, eyeman and vet.

So I won't do personals just now. Will try for later. Gotta make hay while the sunshines (need it for mulch in the garden) and then other things will no doubt make themselves known.

See ya
Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #13  

Heading to bed her soon--but I have a load of towels to fold and put away.

We stayed close to home today and just relaxed. I took a nap from 2-4. It felt great! I love my Sunday naps.

I guess I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow--I was just getting used to being off.

We took a walk over to see DH's dad this evening. It's 10 min over there and then 10 min back. It was such a pretty evening so I said to DH, let's skip the treadmill and just walk over to visit your dad.

Terra: I think you slept in because you were up so early the other day. It's ok to get some extra sleep. Did you get your walks in?

Happy: My DH does all our cooking--he always has. We talk about what meals we would like for the week and then I make a list and off he goes to the store. He loves to grocery shop. He does get some items that weren't on the list but he does very well.

I know you feel badly for not getting the Tag day add in the newspaper but I'm sure you will still have a successful sale. Don't be so hard on yourself.

You should do a 5k! That is 3.5 miles I think. I LOVE doing them and just being around that "race" atmosphere. For most it is about doing your personal best and you feel amazing after you do it.

Ceejay: What size trash can are you looking for? I love to walk around Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Shad: It sounds like you are busy. Did you get some gardening done today?

Hi to Annie, Michelle and Laura.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #14  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Busy, busy day. Will be back tonight. Have a good one everybody.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:12 AM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I'm going to keep this short and sweet (like me, at least the short part - LOL). Had a very busy weekend with all the wedding activities. The wedding was very nice. Yesterday, I ran some errands and went to the gym. I did 1/2 hour on the bike, worked with a personal trainer for 45 minutes, and then went to yoga class.

I just saw that Annie posted to the July thread that her interview with One America went well but she hasn't heard anything, and her interview with Wells Fargo was postponed until 11 am today. Since she's in the Eastern timezone, she's having her interview right now.

Annie - Sending you lots of positive energy, good vibes, prayers and got my fingers and toes crossed for you. :crossed;

I'll be back later for more personals.

Much love,
Closed Thread