Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 07:20 AM   #1  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Default Monday Chat - January 26, 2004

Good morning everyone......and here it is, Monday again!

Life has been so busy lately, that my postings are falling into the "short but sweet" category. After the great choclate disaster one late night a week ago, I have gotten back on my feet and am raring to go again. On a positive note, that one binge was all it took to remind me of just how lousy I used to feel on a daily basis -- thinking about my next binge, endulging, and then suffering through the after effects, only to go through the whole cyce again.
I'm down a pound and now am setting my sights on the 170's as an upcoming goal.

I'd like to complain about the raining and chilly weather here in the southwest, but given the recent and continuing snowstorms and bitter weather many of you are having, I'll be kind enough not to! Suffice it to say that my greyhounds have turned my off-white carpet into off-white with brown, black, and red blotches from the mud they've tracked in. A few more days of this and I may be able to pass it off as a new mottled berber!!!

Well, time to get ready to go to work. Here's hoping everyone has a fabulous day!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:36 AM   #2  
one step at a time..

Angry

Good Morning everyone

Good job sped in getting back to your feet after the binge crisis. and Yes it is bitterly cold here. spings coming, hopefully

Today I have 3 classes and a lab, one of my longer school days. I also have to submit my application to the manager of pizza hut on campus, hopefully I get the job. This college kid is way too broke

Hope everyone has a great day!
~Krista~
Old 01-26-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, yes the fabulous Monday here again. Back to work, and being outside, I almost healed up all the dry flacky skin over the weekend darn it. But otherwise a fabulous weekend, had a bit of a carb fiending last night which was odd considering that I haven't had one in months but got through it fine just some deep breaths and some exercise took my mind off of it and luckily not a "bad" thing in the house. That may end up being my secret of success, I have to leave to get anything carb loaded and God knows I'm not venturing out if I don't have too.

Not sure if anyone takes a look over to LWL forum but they have some amazing pictures on yahoo at Ladies Who Lift Photos. I just love pictures and those ladies are something to see.

Happy Monday!
Tummy
Old 01-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

Well the snow didn't hit us last night like they said, but it is creeping its way up to us. Tonight tomorrow and wednesday are suposed to be hairy out. Lots of snow and ice OY.

How was your weekend ? Mine was good, I spent all of it in my pajamas (poor hubby lol ).

So this week I am going to try not to eat after dinner, its gonna be tough but I gotta do it, its the only thing thats killing my diet efforts. Wish me luck lolol

I'm off to make some vanilla coffee and turkey bacon (sounds gross but its really good).

Krista good luck with the job!
Spedmom BRAVO for getting back on plan. You know some times when I go off I feel fine and other times I get that icky feeling, and its not what I eat b/c it can be the same thing. But in any case, congrats on the 1 lb loss !!
Tummy yeah its moanday again lol.

Talk to you later !!

Leenie
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!
I made it through yesterday still under 20 carbs but I'm not even going to mention what I ate because I know it's soooooooooo not allowed. But I'm feeling really really good today... and when I say good... I mean DARN good!
We weigh in at 3pm today for the competition which means I start working out tonight. Hopefully that will make me feel even better. I guess my parents stopped by yesterday while I was out trying to avoid eating carbs. They were going through all the low carb recipes that I had laying on the coffee table. My sis told them I was trying Atkins and that I had already lost like 6 lbs and they were all excited for me.... so I guess I don't have to worry about them giving me any slack!
Now, all I have to do is get my love life in order and I'll be good to go!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Ugh@Mondays. Youngest didn't feel well but her dad said she had to go to school regardless (she wasn't feeling THAT bad and didn't have a fever so off she went. Just a mild cough/sore throat) and oldest complained she was tired. I'm off to work in a few minutes but had to do my morning checking of posts The snow never showed up last night---supposed to hit sometime today into tomorrow. So maybe they won't have school tomorrow. Then again-w/our school district I wouldn't be surprised if they made them go to school in a blizzard!!! grr. Ok, it's off to go drink a glass of water and read the rest of these posts

Have a great day
Old 01-26-2004, 09:06 AM   #7  

Hello everyone! Today is my first day here actually posting at the boards. I've been a long-time lurker. I'm starting back on Atkins today, did great before when I was following the plan. Then there was Christmas, NewYear's, and my Vegas trip.......So, back to today! The last time I followed the plan, the first few days were very difficult, but after that I felt wonderful! I can't wait to get that feeling again. I also have a friend starting today. I think it will be a little easier knowing that we can help each other out if we're struggling. Well, I need to eat something yet today, and I have my middle child home sick today too. So, as always lots to do!

lady_adnerb...I'm also hoping for a snow day tomorrow, if only! Our kids school never has snowdays.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:13 AM   #8  
thin within

howdy all. because our computer modem died on friday, i am soooo behind on posts. i just got home with the replacement. i hope all of you are doing well. i'm finally in the 170's at 177--woohoo. i'll wrap this up so i can start catching up with y'all and get dinner started. yep, jane, it is dinnertime.
have a great day chickadees!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #9  

fullfig:

nutski: Welcome

lady_adnerb: We are expecting snow tomorrow through Wednesday. I wish I was in school so I could stay home. They never seem to "call off" work

Shimma: Good luck on the weigh in later today. I'm sure you will do great. I am lucky....my mom is very supportive. In fact when I started Atkins she wanted to do the same. But she is a big snacker and I don't think she would ever give up her peanut butter crackers that she shares with the dog

Leens: Where have you been...we haven't seen you much lately. Everything ok? I am not an after dinner snacker thank God. I used to be but since I have lived with my husband I can't snack...I call him the Diet Police! He can hear a box of crackers opening three rooms away!

Tummy Girl: That's the best trick.....just don't have it in the house! Congrats on winning!

lixue: on the job issue!

Spedmom: Binges don't bother me the way they used to in WW days....A binge then would set me back weeks, but with this WOE I just have to get back on track and will lose whatever I gained in no time. It makes this woe so much easier to take.

Well I had an uneventfull weekend thank goodness. After the last couple of weeks I needed that. Manage to nibble on a couple of NO NO'S this weekend but the damage isn't too bad. Going to go back to planning my menu for the week so that I have a better idea what is in store. It really used to help. My fat content has been too high lately too. I really need to work on that. My carbs are "so so"...not high not low. I downloaded the advanced copy of FitDay and am using it on my work pc. You can print more reports and it also lets you add recipes. So far so good and it isn't too expensive....$20.
Well, it is FREEZING here today. I can't believe how cold it has been this winter. We are getting snow tomorrow so this will be interesting.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Last edited by jane8760; 01-26-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:10 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies! Just wanted to check in -- it's been awhile. I had a couple of all-day meetings last week, and then I've been trying to catch up on work since then.

Had a great weekend -- went to my first NBA game -- Orlando Magic vs. Houston Rockets. It was a lot of fun!

My eating got off track somewhere along the way. I'm not sure why... But, things would go good all day, and then at night, I'd mess up and eat something bad, very bad! So, I think my weigh-in tonight could be a little scary. But, I need to go and do it and see the damage I've done. (I haven't weighed in almost three weeks. I think the weekly weigh-in keeps me on better track than I realized...) So, I'm ready to start fresh with no more goof-ups (at least for a few weeks, anyway). Back to induction for me!

Hope everyone is doing well! Congrats on the losses! Great job, ladies!

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #11  
Head Princess

Way to go, Fullfig!!! I'm so excited for you!

Nutski! Welcome!

Brenda - I hope your youngest gets feeling better!

Shimma - Glad you've got a supportive family!

Leens - ohhhhhhhh a whole weekend in PJ's? I'm jealous!!!

Tummy - way to go on overcoming temptation!

Krista - good luck with the job!

Spedmom - sometimes those reminders help! Way to get back on track!

My weekend was really good. DH worked at the bar on Friday and Saturday and I lost all willpower so I drank Jack and Diet's both nights. I was good-ish though and tried not to overdo it! There was a fight on Saturday night and DH was the only bouncer working. It's very hard to watch him get in the middle to break things up and physically remove people from the bar. I'm always aware that one of these times someone could have a knife. Good thing I'm first aid certified!

The law enforcement thing is not going well. I got a letter from the county that I was hoping to get hired by saying that they've decided not to offer me a position based on my background. This is the third time this has happened and it's so frustrating! The worst thing in my background is the one speeding ticket I got over 2 years ago. Of course, they won't say what it is that they're finding, but it sure is frustrating to know that they have to have something wrong in there and not be able to do a thing about it. I'm not giving up though!

It has caused me to think that since what I want to do is homicide investigation, maybe I should focus more on the science end of things and less on the 'cop' side of things. That would also allow DH and I to have kid(s) sooner since the original plan was to get hired and through probation first. That pushes things out at least 2 years. Anyway, it's not all bad. I believe that things work out the way they should and I can't fight the universe and win so maybe I'll try listening instead

Went with DH to the movies yesterday and saw 'The Butterfly Effect'. I really enjoyed it. Warning for those who are sensitive: there is some strong language, brief full frontal nudity, and some subject matter could be very disturbing. The concept of the movie was great though, and it appears that Ashton Kutcher can play more than a complete goof-ball after all

Anyway, new day, new week! I'm feeling rested for the first time since I got sick two weeks ago and I'm feeling really positive about life in general. What a strange Monday!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:27 AM   #12  
Head Princess

I took too long typing!

Jina - glad you liked the game! I'm not big on basketball and DH got tickets to see the Blazers vs. Bulls game this Saturday so he's taking a friend. I'm taking him to a hockey game on Friday, though. I love the fights!

Jane - have fun with your new fitday sw. I'm afraid to try it because I can be obsessive and this tool may push me over the edge!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #13  
Total Sass Bucket

Ok, down 2 more lbs and also have assurance the scale I've been using is acurate because it matched what the school nurse just weighed me in as.

Star: Isn't there some way you can get a report of what they're finding? It seems to me there should be some way to get your criminal background information. I know I had to just pay 10 bucks to get mine done for my CNA class that I'm taking but I doubt I get to actually see the report. However, I would think you could do the same thing and get your own report....
Old 01-26-2004, 11:44 AM   #14  
Head Princess

The problem is there's nothing in my background. I've checked. So I don't know what the deal is. I've decided that it's just not my time yet. It will happen. All of my law enforcement friends say that they had to apply over and over again to get hired. In the meantime, I've got lots to keep me busy
Old 01-26-2004, 11:47 AM   #15  
Total Sass Bucket

Star that just sucks then, but you're right... the world has a way of making sure you do your thang at the right time. At least it does for me!

Ok, I have a question... what are these equator trek miles all about??
Closed Thread