Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #1  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Default A very humbling return...

Well, I have been a part of this forum and have continued to check in from time to time. Probably should have never left because after having lost 53lbs total...I am up about 20 from where I would like to be. This is what happened with me going on Maintenance for a time, gaining some weight, trying MRC's version of HCG, gaining, then quitting going to MRC all together because I was burnt out of all of the constant weigh ins reminding me that I was clearly not doing well in Maintenance on my own.

It has been 7 months since I left (my journey started in May 2011) and decided to go back last week to the lady I have been with from the start to get the "new" menu and to try to lose 20lbs. A much smaller goal which is nice, but kind of an embarrassing journey up to this point, not to mention the feeling of going back into the center feeling like such a failure. I know that I am not one, that I am human...but those emotions were there nonetheless.

Without making a million excuses, the bottom line is that I need help and am unwilling to allow myself to just continue to gain. I don't know why that accountability peace stays necessary for me but it does. I wish I had it in me alone to do it and do it right daily, but I don't and that is troubling to admit. But it is HARD to lose the weight initially and so I am not willing to gain it all back!

If anyone would like to chime in on this board regarding do overs I would be more than happy to know I am not alone.

Thanks!
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Well, I have been a part of this forum and have continued to check in from time to time. Probably should have never left because after having lost 53lbs total...I am up about 20 from where I would like to be. This is what happened with me going on Maintenance for a time, gaining some weight, trying MRC's version of HCG, gaining, then quitting going to MRC all together because I was burnt out of all of the constant weigh ins reminding me that I was clearly not doing well in Maintenance on my own.

It has been 7 months since I left (my journey started in May 2011) and decided to go back last week to the lady I have been with from the start to get the "new" menu and to try to lose 20lbs. A much smaller goal which is nice, but kind of an embarrassing journey up to this point, not to mention the feeling of going back into the center feeling like such a failure. I know that I am not one, that I am human...but those emotions were there nonetheless.

Without making a million excuses, the bottom line is that I need help and am unwilling to allow myself to just continue to gain. I don't know why that accountability peace stays necessary for me but it does. I wish I had it in me alone to do it and do it right daily, but I don't and that is troubling to admit. But it is HARD to lose the weight initially and so I am not willing to gain it all back!

If anyone would like to chime in on this board regarding do overs I would be more than happy to know I am not alone.

Thanks!
Tamiki,

Believe me you are not alone, there are several of us that have had to do it over including me. I first start MRC June 2012 and never met my goal but got down to a comfortable weight that I could live with. Started maintenance Jan 2013 by June 2013 I had gained 18 lbs back and finally Feb 8th 2014 I went back, finally met my goal june 6th 2014, I've been on maintenance since then. It is still hard for me, I go every week to weigh in and I've been up a few lbs then down back to my goal weight. I pretty much eat what I want within reason and stay mostly with protein, veggies, fruit. I guess I just need that accountability of weighing in weekly and I will eventually start going every two weeks but I will still continue to visit my center, I love all the girls there they are very comforting and do not judge.

And now pat yourself on the back for realizing you need help and have gone back to the center. I got a copy of the New menu More and I wish I had it the second go around, I truly believe it will make it much easier. There are a lot of us on the forum MRC July 2014 which will soon change to MRC Aug 2014 so come on over and join us there for a lot of support and encouraging words.

skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #3  

Tamikl,

you are not alone. I am back after doing MRC about 6 years ago. Congrats of realizing you needed to go back at this point rather than waiting for later. I waited until I was about 50 pounds above where I wanted to be. I wish I would have made the chance to restart earlier.

Welcome!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post

Thanks!
Welcome back... On the monthly board there are some that have started over. There may be more support over there... The new menu sure is much better than the one I lost weight on.. It is good to hear from you and I wish you the best in your new challenge

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back and jump on board!! We are here to motivate and share successes . I lost over 35 lbs 2 years ago, got sidetracked with new job, and taking care of elderly inlaws, etc and gained it all bsck!!
Went right bsck to my old habits- cannot believe I did that yet again.
I've been trying to do it on my own but w my DH being a Chef and not needing to lose weight- it's frustrating having food pushed at me all the time. I need the accountability of someone weighing me each week.
Good luck everyone. We can do this!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #6  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Thank you all I will move over to the other forum.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote