Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #1  

Default Small Progress on Sonoma

I'm down to 171.8 now. It's slow but at least it's happening. Meal planning is a challenge. I work full time, so I have to pack lunches and that's my biggest problem. I don't want to eat a salad with a protein every day.

Today I had a mini bagel with a vegetarian sausage for breakfast, like a small sandwich. Almonds for a morning snack. Packed a low-carb wrap filled with leftover fajita filling, consisting of vegetarian "steak" strips, broccoli, banana peppers, mushrooms and red onion with lime juice as the seasoning. Also have a nectarine.

Still haven't made that cauliflower, so I will definitely have that tonight. Not sure what the entrée will be. Last night's dinner was corn, snap peas, and veggie burgers (new one made with quinoa, Morningstar) on Arnolds thin buns. Glass of red and glass of white - it was a tough day! I am ready for the weekend.
Cherry Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Good job! And great progress! And there is a veggie burger made with quinoa?!?! Oh boy!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #3  

Default Survived the Weekend

Bus trip to Atlantic City yesterday ... I did cheat on the diet, but got on the scale this morning and it seems no damage was done.

Back on the wagon this morning. Cereal with soymilk for breakfast; almonds for a midmorning snack; pita stuffed with leftover grilled tofu and grilled vegetables and a bag of red grapes for lunch. Dinner will be ratatouille and probably salad and some sort of starch. Lots of veggies coming out of the garden now. Today's weigh-in: 171.6.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #4  

Lost .2 pound since yesterday, so I'm on the right track, I think. I made the ratatouille with mushrooms and pasta last night, and tonight will be making eggplant and sweet peppers (a recipe from Prevention magazine that I've made several times). I will probably also make a salad. My breakfast was cereal with soymilk, had almonds for a snack and two rice cakes with Laughing Cow wedge for another snack. Lunch was hummus on flatbread and a baggie of grapes. Going out to take a walk now.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #5  

Default Looking up!

170.6 this morning. We had leftovers last night ... pasta, tomato sauce with a few veggie "meat"balls, tossed together with some newly-cooked veggies: more eggplant from our garden, a red pepper, some garlic, fresh basil also from our garden. Some Merlot.

This morning, I had two eggs with a whole wheat English muffin (no spread). Coffee with soy creamer. Snacks today are almonds and two corn thins spread with a Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge.

Not sure yet what will be for dinner. We have veggies coming out our ears now! Loads of Italian plum tomatoes and banana peppers, as well as the eggplant and snap peas.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #6  

Default Trying not to get discouraged

Just can't seem to get the scale to move much, and the to my chagrin it moves up instead of down, despite my careful attention to what I am eating.

Barbara's multigrain cereal with soymilk and blueberries this morning, followed by a Fiber One bar for my snack. Lunch was a salad of romaine, grape/cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, cucumbers, chickpeas and chicken with Greek dressing. Just finished and I am still somewhat hungry. I am sure I will be ravenous by dinner.

Not sure what to have for dinner yet.