Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #1  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Default Want to dress "kawaii"?

Hi,

I love this show (I admit I am also losing weight to be able to dress so cute). Going up in the issues I found this one issue about dressing "japanese cute" in all sizes. I wish I could get this magazine here, but the show also has some great ideas and is encouraging (apart from the upper arm thing, that is soooooooooooooooo weird)

I hope you enjoy as much as I do, and I love that trend in Japan. Now I want these stores here aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmk_aieX3Q
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Cute clothes, but at 40 I am too old for that.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #3  
Le Petit Papillon

S/C/G: 169/165/139

Height: 5'5"

You can probably order it from Kinokuniya. If you call the store, they might be able to tell you if they have it and ship it to you. I couldn't find the magazines I read on their website, but they were in the store in NYC.

I am not too into that style anymore, but I used to be. I really like their young work casual fashion though The japanese fashion can either be really amazing or something I would never dream of wearing lol

Last edited by LePetitPapillon; 07-24-2014 at 12:09 PM.
LePetitPapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

very interesting style! i like it;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #5  
patpatpatpatpat

well, I am 32 but very short (I think in america it would be a tenth inch taller than 4'9"). and I have small bosoms and have a "hobbit face" means I look younger than I am. actually I still get carded sometimes when I buy beer, and you are allowed to buy beer at the age of 16 in germany

I hope it stays that way or even gets more again as I lose weight. I guess the weight made me look a bit older.

Thats why I want to get rid of that weight, to dive into that style a bit before it looks weird on me cause I am looking too old.

Might be though that I wear it anways, wrinkles and all. there is many different styles of dressing "kawaii" (cute). I think that even tall people have a style of kawaii that wouldnt look good on me and vice versa, so I am sure there even is a "cute granny" style ^^

petite I am german. they seem to distribute inside the US; but if I have to order from overseas I guess I might aswell order directly from japan ^^

Last edited by PatPat; 07-24-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #6  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I have never been able to understand the Japanese thing with dressing like a child as an adult. It gives me a weird creepy feeling.

Then again I have not been able to pass as a child since I was 9. (Not many 9 year olds are nearly 6' tall.)

Then again, I am glad to see the Japanese culture being kinder to heavier people. I have a friend from Japan and he told me that heavy girls were treated rather poorly there.

ETA: Oooook, I just got to the part where they make special changing rooms for fat girls, complete with extra room and fans, since, you know, all fat girls must need tons of room to move and a fan since they will certainly be sweaty. Can you imagine that in America? People would throw a fit. It would be the plus sized maxi-pads thing all over again!

Last edited by MauiKai; 07-25-2014 at 12:35 PM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #7  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Can you imagine that in America? People would throw a fit. It would be the plus sized maxi-pads thing all over again!

What was the "plus sized maxi-pads thing"? I was so excited when those became available. Were other people outraged? (Finger on the pulse of America, thats me....)
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #8  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Yeah there was a lot of outcry about fat stereotyping and "Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I have a giant vagina!" type stuff.

ETA: For example
http://www.wendyshanker.com/writing_padding.html

Last edited by MauiKai; 07-25-2014 at 02:53 PM.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
"Just because I'm fat doesn't mean I have a giant vagina!"
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:14 AM   #10  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:

ETA: Oooook, I just got to the part where they make special changing rooms for fat girls, complete with extra room and fans, since, you know, all fat girls must need tons of room to move and a fan since they will certainly be sweaty.

HAH, I would even use them when I was skinny. I always sweated in these changing rooms, and I guess the plus size girls would understand that I prefer using theirs
I would love if stores would want to make me more comfortable in changing rooms, it was **** when I was skinny (due to my height nothing would fit well) and it is even more **** now. a bit more comfort could convince me...

and japanese changing rooms are about phone booth size, no way Id use them atm with my belly n all ^^