Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Default Ebay

Was thinking of how to not spend a fortune on clothes while continuing to lose weight. My starting size in pants/ bottoms was a 22/20 and my current size is 16/18 but closer to 16. I don't want to buy a new wardrobe.… but I HATE wearing my awful baggy bottoms. Thinking ebay for my I between goal clothes. Has anyone done this. Would this still be a waste of money? My big clothes depress me when wearing them. But paying full price seems ridiculous when in a few months THOSE will be too big too. Any suggestions?
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have had mixed success. I have bought some real gems at bargain prices but also paid too much for rubbish.

On balance, I should have just gone to the store.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I just started selling and buying on eBay. Haven't received my first eBay purchases yet, but here's what I can say so far...Your most economical bet will probably be a thrift store. eBay does tend to be more expensive once you add in shipping.

HOWEVER, if you are able to buy multiple items at a time, that will make it more economical. Some people will sell like 3-4 pairs of the same sized pants in one sale (they call them "lots). I haven't found any that worked for me yet, but I'm looking!

If you buy anything nice enough to resell, it's definitely worth it. I've sold a few of my nicest pieces so far and I'm putting it directly into my new-to-me clothing fund. The dress I just bought I will probably be able to resell if it's as nice as I'm hoping it is!

All I know is I feel like crap when my clothes don't fit so to me it's worth it to buy new or used clothes in the meantime.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I've got some great cheap clothes off ebay. Usually they arrive really fast too.I like ebay bc I can find unique styles in Asia that aren't available in stores here. For sizing, I've found the measurements for the clothing I've bought to be very accurate to the actual size. I prefer thrift stores though bc I like to see the clothing on me before I buy it.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

The majority of my progress public clothes and shoes are from eBay. Saved quite a bit and all that i have purchased are new with tags and hopefully they will last to goal (keep notching the belt).

I also save a ton by going to my local Savers (esp' their 50% sales) and buying clothes there. Those are mostly wear around the home apparel but very surprised on how many brand names there are.

With that said - Caveat emptor!

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 07-24-2014 at 04:57 PM.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Since I have been in transition in clothes sizes the past months, I shop liketwice.com once in a while. They are all designer clothing made well, but very inexpensive. You can also sell them clothing, but they are strict on who makes them. I go there for a special occasion piece of clothing when I know I will not be wearing it again in a few months. They also started to sell workout wear.

Last edited by Doris5096; 07-24-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Doris5096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #7  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I know everyone defines cheap in a different way. I used to buy pants for $45-$60 at Lane Bryant, so when I find pants at Old Navy for $15-$20 I think its a steal.
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

my mother taught me never to buy clothes online always in store.I have always followed that advice and my clothes always fit good.I would reccomend going to a thrift store by you.My local store has a card you can get for free which gives you 20%off already discounted clothes.

Last edited by skittlesfirehawk; 08-08-2014 at 03:30 PM.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

Good ideas! There is a British heart foundation charity shop on my way to work. And when I'm sitting at the light , I'm always window shopping. They have mannequins dressed and the clothes are wonderful. Wonder if they have my size? 16? Will have to go in and find out
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/132/120

Height: 5'9

I buy a couple pairs at Walmart and then wear the jeans several days in a row before washing them. Unless you sweat like crazy, I never smell nor look dirty.
Arwen17 is offline   Reply With Quote