Old 07-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #1  

Default Besides IP what other diets have you tried with success?

I switched from IP to Timothy Ferriss's "The 4-Hour Body" with great success. What made me make the switch? I was tried of depriving myself and this diet allows a cheat day and when I say cheat day I mean eat as much as you want and anything you want. I was just wondering what other diets some of you have tried with success besides IP?

P.S. I lost 90 lbs on IP so it works I just needed a change. Also, the 4 hour body is significantly cheaper as everything you need can be purchased from a local store.

Last edited by Shawnny Canuck; 07-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Shawnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #2  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I failed at every diet except this one.

On the Tim Ferriss 4 Hour Body I didn't even lose one pound.

This diet is SO easy!!!

I lost 50 lbs in 100 days!!

Ideal Protein is the world's easiest diet!
IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Lots of diets will work to help you lose, I've seen it around me all the time. What really counts though is the diet that teaches you to keep it off and be a maintainer. 'Nuff said.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #4  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I've tried every diet out there. IP is the only plan that works for me. I have lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks. I have done IP before. This time I am working more on my mind and the emotional part to weight loss. I feel that is the key to maintenance.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #5  

I am aware that the 4 hour body diet isn't a life style diet but it is at the moment helping me meet my goals. I never got to maintenance with IP but I know a lot of people put the pounds back on so regardless of what diet you follow most of your success will be based on will power and motivation.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #6  

Also, addressing the relationship you have with food especially when it comes to emotional eating is very important for ones overall success. Kristin you have the right idea keep up the good work.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/190/184

Height: 6'

I had good success several years ago with Nutri System. However, I have actually lost a little more using IP for a shorter period of time. Moreover, I feel much more equipped to maintain after having been OP since 6/10. Basically, I am eating almost no processed food and my between meal snacking has been almost totally eliminated. At this point I'm sort of between Phase 3 and Phase 4. I've even been able in the past couple of weeks to have a couple of beers without a problem (that's per week). Now I am probably going to adopt intermittent fasting a couple of days a week after reading about that elsewhere on this board. Skipping breakfast has not been at all a problem, but I don't think I'll do that every day.

Last edited by Tom in RI; 07-20-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Tom in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #8  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I got to a healthy weight on weight watchers 14 years ago. I didn't reach goal before I started not feeling well. Dizzy spells mainly. I didn't learn to eat properly, just how to stay within my points. I lost a lot taking Meridia which really wasn't a diet, I just didn't want to eat a lot but I believe it was taken off the market. I was having good success with WW a few years ago too, but still not making the best food choices. IP has taught me to eat veggies and that I can live without all the white flour and potatoes and still be full after a meal.

I've never reached a goal on a diet and never kept the pounds off. I've just hit the lowest I've been in 10 years based on my home scale and completely believe I will reach goal. I don't remember feeling this confident before.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

I have tried about every other diet too. I think the key is it needs to be a lifestyle change instead of a diet. So far IP is working for me, but the others worked also, I just didn't keep it off. So I'm praying with the phases, I can loose it all and manage to keep it off this time. Hope you find what works for you.
kathy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 AM   #10  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I've tried many too, like others.
-Calorie counting- Lost 40 pounds but also exercised twice a day(Run in the morning and a hour before dinner).
-Marathon training diet- lost about 20 but my body was smaller from the muscle.
-Atkins Carb - Works lovely. I just can't eat all the meat and cheese.
-South Beach- Lost nothing. Hated how I felt.
-Paleo- Didn't like it but I did learn coconut oil helps me lose.
-WeightWatcher- Lost nothing, learned nothing. It's the reason I started calorie counting.
- Impatient Dieter- I followed her diet from youtube and I lost a lot of weight quickly until I got sick of drinking the 6 shakes a day.

So I searched and found IP. It's more flexible for me. Through all this dieting I know what my body can handle and how long I can tolerate everything. Since I've moved over to vegetable protein I like the diet more, probably because I don't feel sick. After I get to my 1st goal I'm going to continue vegan/sometime-vegetarian and intermittent fasting. That combo has worked for me as well.

Last edited by Mizzthingaling; 07-21-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #11  

That's the thing a lot of diets work but most of them are designed for short term success.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:54 PM   #12  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

It's not about dieting it's about lifestyle changes and personal choices. I have never done another diet so I can't compare, but the reason I've never tried another diet is because I never felt like one fit. I did my research and here's where I ended up.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233/157.5/135

I have done seemingly every diet on the planet, but the only other plan on which I had great success was The Belly Fat Cure, where I lost about 45lbs in a year. I feel that it trained me well for what to expect on IP, to understand more about the issues related to insulin and insulin resistance, and taught me some great recipes. I had temporary amnesia (I think, because I obviously forgot everything I learned) and gained the weight back. IP works MUCH faster and the stricter rules have been more helpful to me (except in restaurants, which is the only time I really hate IP!). I would recommend the BFC to anyone who was interested in a low-carb diet, but who didn't think s/he would be able to stick to something as stringent as IP. I am looking forward to incorporating some of the BFC's concepts into my maintenance plan.
hopeisallthereis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I have had moderate success with Paleo. I think it is a great way to eat for maintenance or losing a few pounds. It is the only other diet, besides IP, that has allowed me to lose anything with my low thyroid.
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I had good results from WW about ten years ago but, I think my body has changed and losing is much harder now. I believe it is a combo of age, pre menopause and thyroid issues. I learned on WW how I could eat fast food everyday and still stay within my points so, it didn't teach me anything. I tried Adkins lastn year and gained 8 lbs. Around that time I discovered IP and it's working so, I'm sticking to it.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote