Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Stuck again already?

I was recently stuck for months at 170-171. FINALLY the scale started to move again and I was all !

Now I've been stuck at 167 for over a week. I'm having some fear that I've hit another sticking point. I don't know how I can keep dealing with this. Working working working and so very little to show for it!

I'm feeling rather bummed today.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #2  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

Have you tried altering a bit of what you do? Different foods, or different workouts?
I think that is the normal advice that is given for plateus....
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Yes I have tried switching things up. So far, no luck. It's just so frustrating. I've done everything "right" and stayed within or even under calories. Yet I still seem to move a tiny bit and then sit, stuck in one spot, for ages!

Last edited by MauiKai; 07-21-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #4  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

your frustration is understandable. it's easy to get discouraged when you're playing by the rules and the scale isn't.

you can try to switch up your activities a bit and in the meantime...maybe try to think of it in a different way. even when you reach your goal weight, you're still going to have to watch what you eat and be active. you're building the routine of a healthy lifestyle every single day, and even if the scale isn't cooperating lately...at least you aren't gaining.

you will see results because you will keep working for them.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
your frustration is understandable. it's easy to get discouraged when you're playing by the rules and the scale isn't.

you can try to switch up your activities a bit and in the meantime...maybe try to think of it in a different way. even when you reach your goal weight, you're still going to have to watch what you eat and be active. you're building the routine of a healthy lifestyle every single day, and even if the scale isn't cooperating lately...at least you aren't gaining.

you will see results because you will keep working for them.
This is pretty much how I feel. I am changing my life and the scale just reflects that. I concentrate more on my life changes and taking care of myself than the scale. I I have gone through several plateaus but I just keep on keeping on and eventually the scale shows a lower number. I look at plateaus as a victory of sorts because it shows me that I can maintain a lower weight and gives me the opportunity to practice living my lifestyle that maintains it. Are you getting enough rest? Are you taking care of yourself? A re you pushing yourself too hard with exercise?
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm not sure if I read your post correctly, but it sounds like you finally had a loss of 3-4 lbs. Usually (for me), after a big loss, there is a maintenance and then, if I'm patient, I get some more loss. Obviously, you're doing things right because the scale is headed in the right direction. If you want it to move quicker, you'll need to cut down on calories or increase exercise...although it sounds like you're already feeling like you're working very hard. My advice is to just hang in there. I think this is where a lot of people drop out of this battle...they feel like the effort is not worthwhile. One year from now, it won't matter if this took you a little longer than expected. Finally, maybe don't weigh in for a while? Try to put that scale away if it's causing more harm than good.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #7  
Aloha nui loa

No, it wasn't a big loss, as in all at once, it was a very long, slow loss.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Well, I can understand your frustration. I hope you'll keep on going....slow and steady wins the race. I also feel like I'm fighting for every single pound but the other day, I picked up my weighted hula hoop...it's 5 lbs. and it was heavy! There was A LOT to it. So losing 5 lbs. of fat is nothing to sneeze at...it's gonna take some time and our bodies are all so unique and our loss may not be as rapid as we'd like. We watch programs of people losing massive amounts of weight in short periods of time and we think that's how it's supposed to be, but really, we're supposed to lose UP TO 1-2 lbs. a week. If you're creating a caloric deficit of 500 calories a day, you should be losing 1 lb. a week. If that's not happening, perhaps a trip to the doctor is in order? Just some thoughts. I wish you luck.

Last edited by luckymommy; 07-21-2014 at 09:13 PM.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I think the reason why it's taking so long to lose weight is because you're already at a reasonable weight for your height. You have a BMI of 22, so weight loss will be very slow, much slower than when you were at 181. The same happened to me when I got down to a BMI of 22.

I think it would be a good idea to just accept that weight loss will be slow at this point. You don't want to crash diet when you've got this far already.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #10  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I agree with AmyAmy. I have been at 165-170 for 6 months now and I am a lot shorter than you!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Maybe put the scale away for a while? We all know logically that weightloss is not linear but it's natural to expect that I we put in the work the results will follow. It doesn't always work like that so it's worthwhile to focus on enjoying the other benefits if a healthy lifestyle. Stop and smell the roses for a bit, enjoy the maintainance stay patient while your body adjusts in it's own fashion. Just because you don't see results doesn't mean that the process is not working.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #12  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAmy View Post
I think the reason why it's taking so long to lose weight is because you're already at a reasonable weight for your height. You have a BMI of 22, so weight loss will be very slow, much slower than when you were at 181. The same happened to me when I got down to a BMI of 22.

I think it would be a good idea to just accept that weight loss will be slow at this point. You don't want to crash diet when you've got this far already.
No I am at quite a heavy weight for my height. I am, according to the doc, better off in the low 140s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I agree with AmyAmy. I have been at 165-170 for 6 months now and I am a lot shorter than you!
You are a man, and weight and weight loss are totally different animals for men vs women. That weight is probably fine for you, but I have a much smaller quantity of muscle than you, meaning mine is fat.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #13  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Well, I can understand your frustration. I hope you'll keep on going....slow and steady wins the race.
I'm not quitting, just really tired of this getting stuck nonsense. It is incredibly aggravating.