General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #1  
is back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 236/197/170

Height: 5'5

Question Does anyone know of a consistent, accurate scale that is budget-friendly?

I'm so tired of stepping on the scale, stepping off, and stepping right back on with a different number every time! I'll step exactly where I did without moving the scale and there's suddenly anywhere from a quarter of a pound to a four pound difference every time. I'm tired of investing in scales that just are not consistent whatsoever.

I understand that weight fluctuates. My issue is that, within seconds, I get different readings on the same scale every single time! Everyone in my family has the same issue with every new scale we buy, it's so confusing and frustrating. I guess I keep getting unlucky by not wanting to shell out more than $30 for a scale.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a scale under $100? I'm being driven mad here.
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Yes! Actually, the scale I own is one that I once saw suggested here on these boards, so I bought it. Never had a problem with it in the 4-5 months I've owned it.

It is the Eatsmart Precision Digital Scale. Now, I bought the one that measures body fat/water/muscle/bone density, so it cost me $50, but they have simpler scales starting at $30! Highly recommended!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-21-2014 at 01:06 AM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

My tanita digital scale has been accurate for eight years. It rarely differs in read outs more than .2 pounds, and that's due to variation in my floors, not the scale. It was definitely in the sub 100 category.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I have a Conair Thinner slightly simpler model than this one but it cost me under $70 and has worked fine for a couple of years (it won't let me cheat by moving it around the floor, etc). This one is slightly more than 100, but has gotten very good reviews.
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/prod...body-fat-scale
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/226/210

Height: 5' 3"

I have a Taylor scale that I bought at Walmart for I think $25. It's silver and sleek looking and always gives me the same weight when I step on it twice.
Liz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #6  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
My tanita digital scale has been accurate for eight years. It rarely differs in read outs more than .2 pounds, and that's due to variation in my floors, not the scale. It was definitely in the sub 100 category.
I'll second that, but I think my Tanita scale is actually closer to 14 years old. Still going strong! I have the one that measures body fat as well, and it seems pretty accurate compared with when I had my overall fat measured by calipers.

I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupon - if you are in the US, I think you know what I'm talking about with those coupons they send out every week
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote