View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #18
jeminijad

S/C/G: 215/190/130

Height: 5'6"

Well, I continue on track at 192.

I've encountered my first pitfall. While the scale stayed within 1lb of 194. I was quite focused and thrilled with my high nutrient, weight maintenance eating plan. Well, seeing it go down a bit makes it harder to stay at the 1800 calories, instead of going into full weight loss mode.

I keep my "no weight loss" plan because there has to be some failsafe to what I'm doing besides my own calculations of macronutrients + a gummy prenatal. If I do not lose lbs, then my fat loss is guaranteed not to me more than the weight of the baby plus blood/womb/etc. Gentle. No ketones. So I am trying to get my head right.

The thing I fear is that my appetite will come roaring back post birth. I have always been able to eat a large plate of food, and in fact this was a large part of my weight problem. I don't eat chips and candy, I eat a second bowl of ziti or chicken pot pie. So my main weapon right now is that my stomach is cramped and I and satisfied with appropriate portions. If that goes away, I'm right back to struggling and miserable!

Even with these things in my head, I am pretty happy with my progress. 21 weeks in and my husband has been extra grabby and commenting on how thin my sides and waist are from the back. My belly is growing and lord knows by butt hasn't shrunk, so the weekly ounces of fat are coming from my sides - good for getting back the hourglass eventually.

Well, enough blab about me! Anyone else plugging along?
Weight loss on hold while baking baby #3!
Holding at 190ish: Goal is to stay there until delivery.

Goal 1: No longer obese - 185lbs
Goal 2: Normal BMI - 154lbs
Final Goal: 130lbs

Last edited by jeminijad : 07-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote