Old 07-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #1  

Arrow IP weekend chat Sat 7/19 - Sun 7/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

lisa32989 -- Thank you for the feedback on the Quest bars. I have been 100% OP for a 3 weeks (minus an unfortunate accident with a tablespoon of malt vinegar). I haven't even had any restricted food! I'm trying to anticipate and circumvent melt downs, I guess. This will be my first total disruption of routine, my first time away from my pantry, away from a kitchen. Maybe that's a defeatist attitude, but as long as I have a plan I'm okay (super hungry, hotel room away from home, incredibly physically fit family snacking all around me, and the voices in my head start saying "seriously, will you die if you eat one avocado? C'mon, God made avocados! God did not make these BBQ crisps". At this point, vacation is feeling like a huge stressful inconvenience!

I know I've seen people on here touring France while sipping on IP vanilla shakes and having their lives disrupted in awful ways with illness, family emergencies and other ACTUAL stress -- and I see that they manage to stay OP. I know I am being a whiny baby, but I'm only 3 weeks old!! =) I need to just buck up and deal with it and have a "no excuses" policy.

Last edited by Literari; 07-19-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Literari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #3  

Literari, maybe instead of the quest bars, you could have 1 restricted item each day. My coach had that as part of my original plan. I consider the restricted items as my "treat". I would bring both salty and sweet. Then, depending on what others are eating or what I am in the mood for, I have a little something. Good luck and have a great vacation.
Proud Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #4  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
lisa32989 -- Thank you for the feedback on the Quest bars. I have been 100% OP for a 3 weeks (minus an unfortunate accident with a tablespoon of malt vinegar). I haven't even had any restricted food! I'm trying to anticipate and circumvent melt downs, I guess. This will be my first total disruption of routine, my first time away from my pantry, away from a kitchen. Maybe that's a defeatist attitude, but as long as I have a plan I'm okay (super hungry, hotel room away from home, incredibly physically fit family snacking all around me, and the voices in my head start saying "seriously, will you die if you eat one avocado? C'mon, God made avocados! God did not make these BBQ crisps". At this point, vacation is feeling like a huge stressful inconvenience!

I know I've seen people on here touring France while sipping on IP vanilla shakes and having their lives disrupted in awful ways with illness, family emergencies and other ACTUAL stress -- and I see that they manage to stay OP. I know I am being a whiny baby, but I'm only 3 weeks old!! =) I need to just buck up and deal with it and have a "no excuses" policy.
We go to our cottage every weekend. I look at it as a mini vacation. Everyone around indulging in treats and snacks all day long. I have to sit around a campfire with everyone roasting something. But I've managed to stay OP. Don't be afraid of the restricted packs. My lemon wafers make me feel like I have had dessert. Chocolate soy puffs are my thing while everyone else has a s'more. I'm not feeling deprived.

I do indulge with a caffeine free diet Pepsi on occasional weekends but usually a grapefruit Perrier is enough to make me feel like I'm having a cocktail.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #5  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

It's all about me this morning. Pedicure and a trip to the farmers market. I can't believe I'm excited about buying fresh veggies.

I'm at a group BBQ tonight with people I don't know. Still debating if I should eat dinner for lunch and stick to a salad and veggies tonight or pack my own protein. I'll likely put a cooler in the car and disappear for a bit if I need to. They are supplying all the food so I can't even make sure there is a veggie tray.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

IP is planned so you can have a restricted item EVERY DAY. The calories, fats, carbs from restricteds are already factored in as part of your daily in take. It is part of the plan... You may be having some of these feelings simply because you are needlessly further restricting an already restrictive eating plan!!

Most (not all) Quests bars can used one per day if you choose. In addition there are many other bars that satisfy the desire for something sweet and chips and such that satisfy the need for salty/crunchy. Many people find that enjoying one per day helps them round out the eating plan and feel fully satisfied.

Why are you reluctant to include these items as part of your plan?

Another benefit is the bars travel so well and are easy to have in a purse or travel bag anywhere you go!

Last edited by JLUS; 07-19-2014 at 08:06 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #7  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

You can do this! I'm at three weeks in as of tomorrow too and I know there is lots of temptation but think of the cost if you do cheat. You'll have to go through all the headaches and I hear it's tougher to restart again after cheating. Remember you are eating because you need the proper food not because of the instant gratification it will give you with taste. Go shopping and treat yourself to something new instead. I'm 100% routing for you!

Michelle
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #8  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

I bought some of the products from the Nashua site and I've finally tried the grape drink and I really like it. I used to have a chocolate shake before bed but now I'm using the grape drink. It's still 15 grams of protein but not as heavy feeling. I can't wait to order more of the drink flavors! I weigh in tomorrow and can't wait to officially announce how much I lost. I've been 100% on plan and haven't cheated once. I'm trying my best to stick with this plan and lose this weight for good this time. I want this to be lifestyle change for myself. I don't want to keep continuing to yo-yo dieting at this time in my life any more!

Michelle
MrPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #9  

Literari: had I realized you weren't eating a daily resticted, that is all my response would have included. The daily treat is important. Plus, this is part of the plan. Use them! I don't think I'd have gotten through my first few months without them.
JLUS gave great detailed advise. Re-read it!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #10  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Default Stepping out of any ruts

My plan this weekend it to try some recipes with the omelette packet and also the pancakes.... Thanks for sharing the recipe threads, Lisa! Lots of good ideas out there.

Toying with the idea of going to a dance party tonite... One uh two (Oneuh2) is the samba beat ya know..... I LOVE Latin and ballroom dancing!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 AM   #11  
Miss Prissy Chic

S/C/G: 184/167.6/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Day three today

Hello folks, Yesterday was day 2 of phase 1. I'm surprised I have dealt with it so well. I had a trip to doctor's office though. Last week I had been to see him for an allergic reaction to something I had come in contact with. Well a decadron shot cured the itching, it still took a week for rash to be totally gone. The shot caused me much distress though. Insomnia for three nights, agitation, anxiety, and weight gain. Not a good thing when you're starting a new program. I knew I was in trouble when overnight I gained four pounds. He assured me it was just fluid, but it works on my nerves. Anyway he gave me a fluid pill to take for a few days. Five pounds down overnight. Of course I have slept in the BR, but I feel soooo much better today. I am OP and feeling like a can conquer this....

Everyone have a great weekend

If it is to be, it is up to me..........
caroling56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhillips View Post
I bought some of the products from the Nashua site and I've finally tried the grape drink and I really like it. I used to have a chocolate shake before bed but now I'm using the grape drink. It's still 15 grams of protein but not as heavy feeling. I can't wait to order more of the drink flavors! I weigh in tomorrow and can't wait to officially announce how much I lost. I've been 100% on plan and haven't cheated once. I'm trying my best to stick with this plan and lose this weight for good this time. I want this to be lifestyle change for myself. I don't want to keep continuing to yo-yo dieting at this time in my life any more!

Michelle
I recently bought Proti Diet Wild Berry drink mix from Nashua, mistakingly thinking it might be sometHing like IP Wildberry. It wasn't the creamy, yogurty kind but it was REALLY GOOD! I too like to have some lighter options, especially fruit drinks since we do not get fruit on P1-2.

And the BEST THING I discovered is the fact it is a liquid mix. It will be perfect for traveling because you do not need a shaker. Just add it to a bottle of water and it mixes instantly. YAY!! (It even has a perforated tear-off top that has a small opening that acts like a funnel when pouring it into a bottle.)
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #13  

Good morning, all!
Rainy, lazy day here in Georgia.
I have to share with y'all my reward to myself for hitting 60 pounds lost and being under 300. After seeing them everywhere online, I finally took the plunge and ordered an Erin Condren life planner. It won't be here for two weeks or more, but I spent much of last night scouring pinterest and other sites for ideas on how to use it and decorate it. I can't believe how excited I am about what my father would have called "a glorified over-priced calendar"! Oh well. I am worth the investment, I decided!
GraceRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/191/155

Default 8 weeks in on IP but just joined

Hi all! I finally joined 3fatchicks but have been using you guys as support for 8 weeks while on IP. I've lost 22 lbs but haven't had a WI for almost 2 weeks due to vacation in sunny florida. Don't feel like I'm losing on vacation but hopefully I will be surprised at my next WI! Sure feel better in a swimsuit this summer! Thanks for all the inspiration, ideas, etc!
Jennyloutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
It's all about me this morning. Pedicure and a trip to the farmers market. I can't believe I'm excited about buying fresh veggies.
Chip - I think we're twins. That was my plan for today too!

caroling56 - hope you are feeling better, that is miserable. Glad to hear the water weight went down, I hate that bloated, yucky feeling.

GraceRev - Wahoo on getting into the 200s! (okay, I'm a day or two late) I love organizers/planners, just don't use them enough. That is a great reward for staying OP and hitting a mini-goal!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote