View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 01:54 PM   #219
curvynotlumpy

S/C/G: 220/205/190

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinna T View Post
Here are some more useful quotes:

I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want.

Persevere and you will win the prize.

You get whatever you settle for.

We fail because we don't strike the iron while it's hot. We don't take immediate action toward achieving what we want. We decide to wait until tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.

It comes down to a simple question: what do you want out of life, and what are you willing to do to get it?

Be specific in what you want, and use specific words. Empower yourself, and become the person you dream about

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself.
Great quotes, Corinna! So much wisdom throughout. The one bolded is particularly relevant to me. I can't tell you how many times I've missed an opportunity because I've avoided making a decision. And many times they aren't even big decisions! I read somewhere else that those who make decisions decisively and reasonably quickly rarely regret their decisions even if that decision somehow "fails" or doesn't go as planned. These folks just don't get mired in all the hemming and hawing over decisions.