Old 07-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default July WW Chat

I see that no one has started a new chat so I'll start one.

I normally weigh in on Friday but it was closed for July 4th so I weighed in Thursday and was up .2 pounds. Had I weighed in Friday I would have been down a little so I didn't like that. But, it was OK.

For the 4th we went out for lunch at Macaroni Grill which was great and I counted all my points so felt OK about it.

How was your 4th?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

I just went back on the WW diet on Thursday after going off it for two years. With a writers conference coming next April, my blood pressure out of whack and at my heaviest weight I've ever been, I've decided no time like the present to make some changes. So no official weigh-in weights yet. (I did cheat and stepped on the scales at home to fill out the profile.) I'm starting at 217 lbs and hope to be down to 150 lbs by the time my conference rolls around, but I'll settle for 160. Only positive about starting in the summer? All the wonderful farmer's markets for fresh produce.

Dakota

Last edited by DakotaTrace; 07-06-2014 at 05:03 PM.
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Talking Hi there!

Hey there!

So, this week I went to my 4th consecutive WW meeting, so I received the keychain award! I also got a Bravo sticker from my leader for being down 7.6 thus far!

I feel great about my progress and I feel finally ready to lose weight which is a huge milestone for me. . My clothes feel a little big and that feels awesome!!!

But, today I did cheat a bit. I had a big breakfast because I'm receiving IV iron and they highly recommend getting it on a full stomach, so I didn't have a healthy breakfast but I did track and I have leftover for tomorrow.

Sunday is my 38th birthday so I'm going out to lunch with a friend tomorrow. I'm not sure, I want to order something which isn't awful but not healthy either. I'm going to think about it. I don't want to get into an unhealthy eating pattern.

Also, for those of you who count points, if you track online, when do your weekly points refresh?? Mine did today, I can't remember last week.

Take care! I've gotta go track!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #4  

Thought I'd check in real quick. I've been back on the program a little over a week. Had my first check in yesterday for weight. I was shocked. I lost 5.2 pounds (amazing what happens when you cut all the soda from your diet and then start a wonderful yoga routine.)

Other than some sore muscles, I've never used before, it's coming along great. I'm not even missing the soda...yet.

Looking forward to this coming week, and praying for success.

Dakota
Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi all. I have been away on a cruise in Germany and Amsterdam. I tried to stick to my points as close as possible, but did overindulge. When I stepped on the scale this a.m. I am five lbs up, hoping that some of it is water retention but part of it is too much alcohol and European fresh bread, or and don't forget the cheese and ice cream too. I actually had to look at the app to remind myself what I am supposed to eat for breakfast. lol But all is good now, I am back to tracking and went to the store to stock up on lean meats, fruits and veggies.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #6  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Wink Hi there!

Hi, I didn't have as good of a week, I gained a little.

I know why though, I used too many points, I was over my points allowance a lot. Tonight's meeting helped, I was inspired by some Lifetime members! I also had a good idea from the weekly insert, to divide the weekly points allowance by 7 (7 days in the week) and add them to my daily points, a little more 'wiggle room.'

Have a good night!

Amy
Old 07-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #7  
Never Giving Up

Hi Amy, the 7 points wiggle room is a great idea and it works. When I began, I was doing Simple Start and thats how you use your weeklies. I think if you use more than 7 your body might store some as extra.

I walked lots on vacation, and I think that helps too. My scale is cooperating it is moving down already. Going to make sure I go for my walk today too.

ttfn
Old 07-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #8  

Seabiscuit - breaking up your weekly points sounds like a great idea. That's what I did my first week when I went over my daily points by a few. I'm sure next week will be better. Hang in there, we all do the yo yo thing from time to time.

Serenity - seems like the walking is working for you. I've tried it in the past and other than sore muscles I don't see much weight loss doing it. However i started doing a daily yoga routine every night before bed and it seems to be helping and is less painful on my joints.

So quick check in.
I managed to stay within my daily points every day this last week. So as a reward? I treated myself to a small piece of my DD's home made chocolate cake - sans frosting. This cake is so moist does even need it. And I felt a small surge of accomplishment. I'm really sore from the yoga but determined to keep with it. I feel healthier even if I'm sore. And I sleep really good afterward.

Weigh in?

210.6 lbs, down from 211.8 last week. So a 1.2 lb lost.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #9  
Never Giving Up

Any movement is better than being a couch potato. I never eat my activity points. But it is very important to keep active so your joints and muscles stay in shape and you remain strong throughout life, no matter the weight.

Eating in moderation and moving every day. Even if we don't drop a pound we will still be healthier.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/182/159

Height: 5'3"

Smile Newbie

Hello all! Lost 40# oer the past year and a half, but kind of "Stuck" now and still need to lose 20-25#. Going to give WW a try - points plus. My friend lost 50# following this - this way she and I can support each other! Excited to get started! Size 8, here I come!
NoXcuses4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW/CW/GW 225/220/170

Height: 5'7

Well I am going to sign up for Weight Watchers tomorrow. I need to lose quite a bit. First off I want to get down to under 200 pounds and will go from there. Hoping I can do it.
Tobybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:39 AM   #12  
Never Giving Up

Tobybear and NoXcuses

I am struggling to get my head back in the game after vacation. Not really eating poorly, but not planning or tracking sufficiently either. Today I am determined. I am a slacker with a capital "S" and I need to keep on top of it, or I will fall off real quick.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #13  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Hi there!

Toby-congrats on joining WW! Good luck!

Sigh, I've been sick with a sinus infection so I'm not quite myself, I haven't been tracking lately. I'll try to get back on track tomorrow. I will try to go to my meeting but I have a feeling I may not weigh in.

Oh well! Have a good night.

Amy
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #14  
Never Giving Up

Feel better Seabiscuit!

I haven't been tracking as religiously as I was pre-vacation. And I ate some pretzels yesterday after I knew I used up all my points for the day. I didn't even want to. It was more of reverting to past eating habits to relieve anxiety. So when I saw this on my fb page, it was speaking directly to me, and I hope it motivates the rest of you also. From the Beck Diet Solution:

Monday Motivation: Every time you go to bed after having a good eating day, you will feel great. And every morning you wake up after having had a good eating day the day before, you will feel great. This week, make a commitment to yourself to FEEL GREAT by committing to having a good eating week!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #15  
Never Giving Up

How is everyone doing?

If I break even by July 31st I'll be happy. So far, July has not been a disaster, but I did gain 4 lbs on my cruise and it is not coming off as easily as I wish. Of course it is my own fault, I am doing some minor, yet self-sabotaging things such as eating something though low in calories and not tracking. ugh. Then I bought some WW ice pops. I know I can't have those things, whatever they use as sweetener creates huge cravings. Too many peaches. And today we went out for lunch. I really ordered well. My one downfall was eating the entire portion instead of only half. See that's what happens when you go on a cruise and eat way more than you should. then your body expects large portions.

I haven't fallen off the cliff, but I'm hanging by my fingernails. But I refuse to give up. I have to remember its not a race.