General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Intermittent Fasting Support Thread continued

This topic continued from previous topic here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...thread-34.html
Old 07-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

I appreciate your comments and concern on the level of calories I am taking in... i am NOT familiar with your plan at all. Here is a breakdown of what I planned on today

Breakfast
Premier Protein - Costco Protein Shake , 1 shake
Tim Hortons - Green Tea, 12 oz

Lunch
Bariwise - Vanilla Cappuccino, 1 packet (23.5 g)
Spinach - Raw,
Fresh - Tomatoe,
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 1 cucumber (8-1/4")
Olives - Olives, 1 g
Cucumber Salad Dressing, 1 Tbsp

Dinner
Eggcreations - Cinnamon French Toast Blend,
Natur - Egg-Whites, 1 egg-white

Snacks
Proti Diet - Honey Nut Soy Cereal, High Protein, 1 Pouch

Totals 543 35 14 73 759 16

35 is the carb count, 73 is the protein count

I am merely asking you how do you do this plan you are following ?
Old 07-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting the new thread!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #4  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone, I'm finally back from our trip to TX! It was a great trip, we got to see lots of family, and for once it was pretty relaxing ;-). I didn't really get to weigh-in while away, but this morning the scale said I'm up 2 lbs. I'm hoping some of that is still from TTOM. We'll see, but in any case, I'm happy to get back to my fasting routine! And exercise, ugh, I feel like a sloth after two days in a car!

Losingforgood--there are several methods of IF, and the various people posting here follow different IF plans. The one I do is called Fast 5, which means I fast until around 5:30pm, and I can only eat during a window of 5 hrs. So around 10:30pm I don't eat any more that day, and I fast again until 5:30pm the next day. I love this plan because I feel good fasting during the day (only drinking water and tea or coffee), and I fill up easily once I do eat at the start of my eating window. Fitting 1400 calories into 5 hrs of eating time leaves me full and happy. I eat the things I love, but the quantity I can eat is limited by time and how absolutely full I get! Also, I'm looking for a way of eating that is sustainable over the long term for me, and I feel like Fast 5 is it! I do agree that your 600 calories is awfully low for everyday, but more importantly, I don't see how it could be sustainable for very long. Anyway, there are other forms of IF like Eat Stop Eat, 5/2, Leangains, etc. you can google those to get an idea. Good luck!!
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

losingforgood: If that is what you are eating everyday you are really eating too little. I took the liberty of calculating your BMR and TDEE using age 50, height 5'5" and weight 220 and sedentary.

Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the estimated minimum level of energy required to sustain the body's vital functions when at rest. For you that number is about 1650.

Your TDEE (as a couch potato, it would be more if you are active and exercise) is 1945. It is recommended to lose weight to reduce your TDEE by 15-25%. So you should be eating about 1460 calories a day.

Do you use a calorie tracker online or through an app? Most of them would tell you what you need to eat to lose weight in a healthy fashion. I also agree with lightenup that it is not sustainable for the long term.

Good luck to you and if you are interested in IF there is a lot of info about it on this thread (and the previous one) and online.

I also do Fast 5 and love it. But like I said I try to eat at least 1320 calories a day and that is what MFP has recommended for me to eat.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

I am so excited about this WOE!!! Yesterday was a cinch! I am not going to weigh for another week...because of my weekend "feeding frenzy"! I don't want to be disappointed! But, I am hopeful...based on the results of all of you! Yesterday I did a 6 hour EW, so not too far from the Fast Five! I am combining IF with Weight Watchers.

Yesterday's Menu:
Lunch:
Zucchini Noodles (my new passion since I found a device to make them!) sautéed in olive oil with onions and peppers, topped with Marinara sauce and a little parmesan cheese (Weight Watchers Points Plus = 5)

Afternoon Snack:
A cup of nonfat yogurt mixed with about a tablespoon of sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding, topped with a little FF Cool Whip (Tastes JUST LIKE cheesecake!!) (PP=2)

Dinner:
More zucchini noodles, sautéed in olive oil with onions, peppers, 3 oz. of diced chicken breast and garlic. top with about 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce and a little parmesan cheese (PP=12)
Fresh pineapple for dessert (PP=0)

My Total PP for the day = 19! I am actually allowed 26 PP per day, but couldn't eat another bite!

I have also been exercising at the gym for an hour every morning!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:26 PM   #7  
16/8

Old Schmoopy--So happy IF is working for you! Don't get down about the weekend--I did the same thing! My family ordered food out both nights we were visiting my stepdad, so we had barbeque one night and fajitas the next! Yum! At least I got in a lot of protein!

wvuchick--Congrats--looks like you're back down to 215! Here's to the next 5!!

I was down 1.2 lbs today from yesterday, so that's a relief. I'm still not back to my lowest from a couple weeks ago, but I'm working on it! Thankfully my appetite is pretty low the week after TTOM. It definitely feels great to be active again! It's so hard to exercise on vacation (at least the one we were on!).
Old 07-11-2014, 08:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

I had so much energy yesterday! Worked out really hard at the gym, then came home and cleaned house! I was amazed to realize I wasn't even thinking about food, which is totally out of character for me! Finally broke my fast at 1:30 and started again at 6:30, so was able to do a 5-hr EW! The weekend will be my challenge. I am not going to drink alcohol this weekend, which should help. I have to weight in at Weight Watchers on Tuesday....anxious to see how I am doing!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #9  
16/8

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a nice weekend! I wish it wasn't just about over! Things are going well here--I got down to a new low for this go-round, so that's nice. I'm happy to be well into a new decade. I was on vacation for 10 days, so it's nice to see the weight coming off even after that. I'm trying not to really set time goals for weight loss, since last time I did that, I hit my goal and then lost momentum. On the other hand, I was struggling to lose weight then, and this has been so easy lately I feel like I'm cheating on dieting ;-) (how do you get a good smiley??)

Has anyone here read The No S Diet? I'm reading it now, and getting some interesting thoughts from it. In case you're not familiar with it, it's pretty simple--No snacks, no seconds, no sweets (except on S days--Saturday, Sunday, and "special" days). I never really thought about how snacking is such a big chunk of calories ingested. I don't really snack too much now with Fast 5, but I'm still going to be incorporating some of his ideas into how I do eat each day.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #10  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Hi Everyone-
Thanks for starting the new thread!
I agree, Lightenup- snacking can add a ton of calories, and for me it's usually mindless and not coming from real hunger.
I love this way of eating!!!
My exercising has been low lately. We lost a close family friend- just 18 yrs old. It's been rough, and I have been focused on helping my kids (and myself) cope and accept.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #11  
yogini99

Lightenup- does no sweets mean no fruit too on the No S diet?
Old 07-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #12  
16/8

Yogini--I'm still reading, but it did say fruit is allowed, and serves as your "treat" if you want something sweet during the week. I'm so sorry about the loss of your good family friend. I'm sure that is difficult, too, with the kids. My MIL passed away a few years ago, but our kids were fairly young. It would be much more difficult for the kids to cope with loss at this age (8, 5, 3). I do wish you all peace and acceptance during this difficult time.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #13  
yogini99

Lightenup- thanks for your kind words. My kids are 20 and 23, so they can understand- as much as one can.

I think that idea sounds smart- snacks and sweets only on weekends. Interested to know how they define seconds- you could take huge portion and then no seconds...there must be a way to avoid that
Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #14  
16/8

Yogini--Wow, but that means your kids were closer to the age of the friend who passed. I'm sure that hits hard at that age as well. So sad.

As far as possible huge portions on the No S Diet, he does address this, in an interesting and well-thought-out way. Basically, he says that if you pile it all onto one plate (one plate is all you're allowed per meal) you'll self-downsize your portions. He says shame is a great motivator to put less on your plate! This is also one of the main advantages to not snacking--you can see everything you're eating right in front of you on your 3 plates per day, whereas with snacking all day (or evening in my case!) you don't really keep track or see what all you're eating. Little bits here and there seem like little bits, but in reality it adds up! Of course, I'm not going to be eating 3 plates full of food doing Fast 5, but I'm definitely already using his method and ideas for limiting snacking and seconds for myself. It's really a very good book.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #15  
16/8

How is everyone doing lately? It's been quiet here...I hope IF is still going well for you all!

I'm doing pretty well, down a little bit again, so I'm pretty happy. I'm now working on cutting out some of the snacks I was letting our kids get away with! We always have fairly healthy snacks, but the kids just ask for food all throughout the day, and the little one usually winds up not eating much of his dinner. So now it's no snack between breakfast and lunch, and a planned, healthy snack between lunch and dinner, and fruit for dessert. On the weekends, a more exciting dessert ;-)
Closed Thread