View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #98
ubergirl

Height: 5'8"

Diane: 4.2 Wowsers! Time for some carrots.
Maybe being scale obsessed isn't so bad. I know when I'm NOT scale obsessed... when I'm squeezing my eyes shut and gaining! I SO get what you mean about expecting the scale to just reverse itself and start going up... I have that exact same fear-- or I start to fear that my body will simply REFUSE to go lower than a certain point no matter how little I feed it.

Martini: On the other hand, when you think about it, we are not so much trying to lose weight as we are trying to adopt a livable healthy lifestyle which will lead to weight loss. So maybe staying on track without a scale will be an interesting lesson in tuning into yourself.

Mandy: I love that recipe site, although he sugary dessert pictures almost threw me off. I want to try the carrot hummus. I loved cooked carrots, and I love hummus. What's not to love? I don't know how you managed those chocolate chip cookie dough truffles... total self-restraint!

Totally weird day for me yesterday. Was running around with my kid between 11:30 am and 4 pm so I never got a chance to eat and also forgot about it. That must be how life is for normal people. Ate a healthy dinner and was rewarded with another 2 lbs gone! So, the good news is that my BMI is officially now below 40, which means I'm no longer excessively obese, but only obese. The bad news is that I'm now officially at the bottom of my yo-yo zone. For the past two years I've never gotten below 260. This time, I'm determined.

End of 2014 Challenge

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.--Winston Churchill

SUCCESS WITHOUT KRYPTONITE!
First Mini-Goal: 260 by vacation.
met 7/25/14
Second Mini-goal 240.5 Half of regain gone.
Third mini-goal below 230 by the end of 2014
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote