View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #27
saef
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)158/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Saturday, July 12th:

60 minute spin class, with the young substitute, who threw some Pitbull in with her sad slow thoughtful indie music. She is really trying. And she really is a good instructor, as far as being competent and strong goes -- but she's not catching on or getting any kind of following, and I am sure she feels somewhat hurt by this. She's very intense, sort of inward-looking, whereas the other instructors are more extroverted and have the warmth that I connect with excellent elementary school teachers and nurses and therapists and others in professions that require evidence of empathy. The thing is, you can be athletic, train hard, come up with great routines, but if you haven't got that piece of the puzzle ... I don't know, but I know it's a profession where people have to attract flocks to succeed.

60-minute Pilates mat class. Fuller than it ought to be on a gorgeous hot Saturday in July. And this instructor, too, has completely got "It," whatever that is, a kind of warmth, an expressive personality, a little bit of charisma. Whatever it is that the new spin instructor hasn't got, or hasn't developed yet. And yet I still like this young woman, and I hope she breaks through.

Last edited by saef : 07-12-2014 at 02:39 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote