Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 04:38 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 7/12 - Sun 7/13/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-12-2014, 04:44 AM   #2  

Saw a request for recipe for chocolate pudding/shake with spinach.

Go back one post and click Fun With Veggie Purees

I make mine replacing water with coffee. I mix for a shake, then blend with spinach then blend again with ice. I'm on vacation and I noticed my Vitamix at home liquefies the spinach but the nutribullet I'm using at the beach chops it very finely.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/190/184

Height: 6'

When I started IP I told my coach I wanted to get to 185. I put 180 down here as my goal not really expecting to make it. I am onto phase 3, still losing, and I am down to 183 this morning (that's first thing in the morning after voiding, before dressing, do we all do that?). Yesterday my wife made low carb chili loaded with ground turkey, shitake mushrooms, peppers and spinach.

One small gripe about IP, our coach didn't send us the info to login at the IP site until this week, we've been on since 6/10. So we haven't had the benefit of the daily videos, meal ideas ect.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #4  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Morning all! I start phase 3 on Tuesday so I'm going shopping today for all the breakfast items. I have a huge list! Just wanted to thank all those before me who have posted amazing breakfast ideas onto the various phase 3 threads. I would have been lost just doing this on my own.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in RI View Post
When I started IP I told my coach I wanted to get to 185. I put 180 down here as my goal not really expecting to make it. I am onto phase 3, still losing, and I am down to 183 this morning (that's first thing in the morning after voiding, before dressing, do we all do that?). Yesterday my wife made low carb chili loaded with ground turkey, shitake mushrooms, peppers and spinach.

One small gripe about IP, our coach didn't send us the info to login at the IP site until this week, we've been on since 6/10. So we haven't had the benefit of the daily videos, meal ideas ect.
Congrats on the great loss! And yes, that's exactly when I weigh at home (I have to get dressed if I'm weighing in with my coach, they kind of object to me walking around nekkid).

That chili sounds awesome. Now I want chili for dinner.

I never got the videos at all. I kept signing up and there were technical difficulties every time I did and I finally gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
Morning all! I start phase 3 on Tuesday so I'm going shopping today for all the breakfast items. I have a huge list! Just wanted to thank all those before me who have posted amazing breakfast ideas onto the various phase 3 threads. I would have been lost just doing this on my own.
Congrats Rosie! I have a whole batch of P3 breakfast recipes I want to try but haven't had a chance. Once you figure out a few standard ones it all starts to make sense but you're right, very confusing at first!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #6  

Took the dog for a walk this morning and for the first time ever I didn't think that I could now have an extra cheat because I exercised. IP really has me thinking about food in a much healthier way. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #7  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi IPeeps! Fun, chillaxed weekend planned with my 4yo daughter. Sprinkler Park, birthday party and local beach. Going to bake some zucchini muffins to bring to the beach tomorrow. I wish the oatmeal was unrestricted, the pudding ones don't do it for me...

I've been staying 100%, but feeling more tempted lately by bread and carbs. I just ordered Beck's diets solution and Grain Brain. I need to surround myself with good influences and reminders of my priorities. I'm also going to increase my water, it's an active reminder of my commitment.

Have a great day and hope staying OP is easy!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #8  

Default Good Morning!

Good morning everyone!
Got a 2 mile walk in this morning before it gets too hot and before I can come up with excuses to not do it. Feels good to be done, lol.
Hoping for a quiet day today - and hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if pics make downloads slow for some people so I'll just post a "poster" I saw today. Seemed good for IP:

If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started
And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now
Old 07-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default Choc pudding and spinach drink

Someone asked about this yesterday. This is my favorite drink I have it most mornings. I put my water in blender (I have a regular inexpensive blender) add my pudding packet, a teaspoon of instant coffee (dry), and 2 cups frozen spinach (I put a bag of fresh spinach in the freezer). And blend. You can't even taste the spinach and it blends nice and smooth. Delish!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Looking for CONFIRMATION of NEW Phase 1 Sheet

I have been given a Phase 1 Protocol Sheet dated 6-2014

It was given by someone on line who is a coach (I have no reason to not believe her but also no way to confirm). It is a version of the protocol sheet posted a couple months ago but we learned it was in testing at only a few centers. She says it is now in the coaches Library and is the NEW PHASE ONE SHEET.

ANYONE who started recently - can you confirm this date???I do not want to post until I get confirmation that coaches are using it.

THANKS!!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started
And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now
Love, love, love this!!! I am putting it on an index card and sticking it to my bathroom mirror!

I was doing very well (OP) during the spring, but really got off plan this summer. I restarted this past Monday and am doing well this week. I am sad that I regained some of my lost weight, but really happy I'm not back where I started. And, when I started, I would have been really wishing I could weigh what I weigh today. So, no more sad thoughts about the summer.... just pick up and move on!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #13  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I was feeling the same way Yayalaine- that's why I posted it. Just keep moving forward not backward, from wherever you're at.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Happy weekend, all. Day 5 for me, and still a bit headachy. This is a reboot for me and this time around my joints are very achy this first week, which I don't remember from last time.

Anyway, I do enjoy IP weekends because I have a little extra time to make recipes that are more involved. Planning vegetarian mock sushi for dinner tonight - one of my favorite IP meals!
Old 07-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #15  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Diane (IP43)....what an amazing quote!

Near to my goal, I find it easy to forget how I felt just a few short months ago: embarrassed, sloppy, unhealthy, sluggish, grouchy, gross (to name a few). For me, it wasn't even being overweight, it was HOW I was eating. I told my hubby right when I started IP that I was ready to work on self-acceptance no matter how I looked, but that there was no way to accept the unhealthy eating habits that I was doing. IP has given me "food peace" and a new focus. So grateful!

IP43....you posted all those wonderful "apple" recipes on the recipe page. I decided to make one (or inspired by) for breakfast since I have been getting a little sick of my ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal. I sliced up one cup of zucchini and lined it on the bottom of a bread pan (sprayed with EVOO). Sprinkled one tsp of splenda, cinnamon to taste and poured about 1 1/2 tsp of WF syrup. Baked for about 8 minutes at 350F and meanwhile made my oatmeat as regular. Spread the oatmeal over the top and baked for another 15 minutes.

DELISH!!!!!!! It tasted EXACTLY like apples. I will be doing this again and again. Thanks Diane!!!!!
Closed Thread