Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October Newbies-July Journeys

Working hard together on this continuous journey toward health!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Every month we've had our successes and challenges, but we're still losing or maintaining and supporting each other along the way. It's pretty incredible that we've not only spent so much time working toward our health goals, but that we've consistently kept each other motivated and helped each other through the tough times. Here's to another successful month, both on the scale and off!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #3  

Kooky, I completely agree. We keep on moving forward.

I am very happy this morning, I have lost the ten pounds from vacation! Yippee!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kooky, I completely agree. We keep on moving forward.

I am very happy this morning, I have lost the ten pounds from vacation! Yippee!!!
Yay! That's awesome! P1 is miracle worker.

I lost my 3 + 1 bonus lb from my few days of eating off plan, so I'm at 162 as of this morning. Back on P3 today. My breakfast was pretty good: 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 eggs, and a pluot. I'm hoping eating more real food will help me with the headache that I've had off and on got the past week.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Slip: Great job getting the weight off so quickly. Proof that you can gave a great vacation and take the weight off IF you get back OP after. I think this is how "skinny" people do it.

Kooky: glad you are down the lbs from the last couple of days too. You are right we have all worked hard to get where we are, we have all come along way.

I feel like we have been on this journey together for a long time, and it's not over yet. Thanks for all the support you guys give me.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #6  

Want2b, I don't think it is ever over, lol. I think I learned that on vacation.

The support is the great part, so thank you too!

To our Canadian Newbies, Happy Canada Day!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

KookiSuki... that word pluot, lol. I always have to think that one through, (it always calls to mind that nasty 'treat' from the Philippines, balut - preserved duck embryo) I have to call it a plumcot in my mind or I gag!
lol
Liana
Old 07-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
KookiSuki... that word pluot, lol. I always have to think that one through, (it always calls to mind that nasty 'treat' from the Philippines, balut - preserved duck embryo) I have to call it a plumcot in my mind or I gag!
lol
Liana
Lol...oh yuck...no thank you to balut. : )

I had never heard of pluots until I moved to CA and they're popular here (hybrid of a plum and apricot). I had my first one today and I think I liked it better than a plum, but it packs a lot if carbs for a small piece of fruit. I'm going to have berries tomorrow since I can eat a one cup of them instead of 1 small piece of fruit.

My headache is gone finally. I think I needed more food to feel right. I cut out restricteds because I got tired of spending the money on them, but I think my blood sugar may have been getting too low without a snack, contributing to the headaches. I need to remember to replace the restricted with a nonrestricted packet during P3.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,

So glad that your headache is gone, Kooky. Cut out restricteds? No way, favorite part of my food day

So, I am back at my goal weight. I had a partial phase 3 breakfast today, partial because I have not gone shopping since vacation. I did not want the temptations in the house while on phase 1.

Off to a friend's house today. Hope all of you have a great OP day.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Kooky: Glad the headache is finally gone. Hope you have a great op day.

Slip: Have fun with your friend and maybe stop at the grocery store. Lol

My 2 daughters and I are still camping and the weather is finally hot. The biggest challenge I am finding with camping is not buying enough veggies. I think I am buying enough for a week of camping and they last 2-3 days. Good thing we are close to a store.
While shopping the other day I found The Beck Diet Solution book. Lots of people on the boards reccomended it. I am liking it so far.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #11  

Hi everyone,

I did a lot of visiting with good friends today and stayed Maintenance OP.

Want2b, there never seems to be enough veggies! Or not the ones that I am in the mood for anyway. I will have to look for the Beck book. Are you having fun camping? It is hot here too! We are in for some big storms during the next few days. Guess I will have to do some indoor chores, yuck!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #12  

I might buy a box of restricteds this time. It really didn't make a difference with my weight loss.

It is a challenge to keep fresh veggies around constantly. The heat probably isn't helping, Want2B. Are you doing mostly grilled veggies? Peppers, zucchini, asparagus are all good grilled. Cucumbers or cherry tomatoes could be a refreshing side. I like jicama too, but it can't imagine peeling and chopping one out in the wilderness. I can barely get it done in my kitchen.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone!

Looking forward to my garden producing some veggies soon,they are on the vine but far from ready.

Seems as though the rain is holding off, so I am going to head outside to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.

Where is everyone? Hiker? Kawaii? Hawaii? Luccilove? Schenectady? Jig? Hope that all of you are having some fun!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hey there everyone, things are going well! Still maintaining. It's daily choices and decisions. I continue to take one day at a time and keep my exercise schedule. The scale goes up and down and measurements stay the same so am happy about that. I'm happy to read how well you are all doing and continue to stay focused on being healthy. Good for you Slip, you jumped back to your plan as soon as you got home and were back to goal. It's great to know how to maintain the loss you worked so hard at.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Good morning everyone!

Where is everyone? Hiker? Kawaii? Hawaii? Luccilove? Schenectady? Jig? Hope that all of you are having some fun!
Slipfree - so sweet of you to check up on some of us. I am OK, still doing the program, plodding along.

We broke ground on building our new home on Monday and so we are going to be a bit busy off and on. Very exciting, the most emotionally charged day I have had for a while. Broke a bottle of our 25 year old wedding champagne over a rock, watched the construction driveway go in, five trees being felled. By spring, a new house in the mountains!
Closed Thread