View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #11
Mudpie

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
So much work keeps piling on me, day to day, that it's getting laughable. Yesterday's crisis is the direct report whom I hired this past November. She called in sick, and then the second day, was still out, but didn't call in. Meantime an analyst whom she'd kept promising work to, and then reneging, for about two weeks in a row, contacted me angrily asking what is going on. Something's not good there. I have to get this guy new help IMMEDIATELY. And I can't do it myself as I just got something big handed to me personally yesterday. Then there's something to rewrite from Japanese English.

Again, I ask: What summer?
I'm fortunate in that I'm able to turn work down if I want less, without losing my job. I figure standing on my paddleboard at 7 a.m. on a calm lake on Sunday is waaay more worth it than $16 for walking a dog. I do tend to make up for it in winter, if people hire me, but the money is not all that matters at this point in my life. I have only so many days left of vigorous life and I plan to enjoy at least some of them.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote