Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2014, 05:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/238/143

Height: 5.2

Default Hello from the UK

Good morning. Greetings from a rainy UK.

I'm 36 and only just really got into fitness a month or so ago when I got the "stop drinking, smoking and eating crap or you'll be dead before you're 50" speech off my GP. My darling hubby also had a similar experience about a month before that so together we're trying to get slimmer and fitter. I'm not naturally slim - never have been despite my height. All I want to do is get my BMI down to something less stratospheric and be able to shop in normal clothes shops for a change.

I currently do four sessions of cardio per week, two toning sessions and have one rest day. My diet is a bit erratic but I have a terrible appetite and eat what I want when I want so I know that could be worked on.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions? I've tried food diaries and I just can't keep them up - which pretty much sums up my attitude to dieting all along. I need to eat healthy, not diet.

Anyway, big hugs x x x
ruthieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

It sounds like you have a lot of changes to make. May i suggest not doing everything at once? Tackle one thing at a time - perhaps increasing your veggies and lentils as Pattience suggests, for a couple of weeks, and start some exercise. Once you get the eating in the right direction, focus on increasing the exercise, or making it suit your abilities and goals better.

This is a lifelong journey... not a race. [have to go check my lentils - i'm going to make veggie stuffed zucchini today - lentils, rice, lots of other veggies in it, with some cheese as well]
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/238/143

Height: 5.2

Thank you for all the advice ladies. I realise that what I start today has to be a whole lifestyle change and not just a diet for a few weeks. Its got to be every day for the rest of my life.

Actually Pattience my appetite is poor - its just when I do eat I eat far too much in one go - and my sweet tooth has been my downfall all my life. Cutting out sweet food will be the biggest challenge for me.

Anyway - laters x
ruthieb is offline   Reply With Quote