– Exercise was a morning bird walk, CREDIT moi. Two Red Starts
were special because one perched only ten feet away for long enough to thoroughly enjoy its smart looks. A later walk took me to a park where we assembled locals took turns reading the Declaration of Independence paragraph by paragraph. Each reader seriously articulated their part. I've never felt it so intensely. Thank you Thomas Jefferson for gifted writing.
Also ate the pizza being distributed. I do need a hit of pizza periodically so that was it. Good pizza. Just before bed last night, I wanted a snack but countered with, You can last 30 minutes
. CREDIT moi for a tiny step in the right direction.
– I'm a member of this club, " often, having to do things twice before it was right"
- Kudos for sticking to the task to get to the "clack."
Love the joy in that gate. Sending supportive thoughts as you continue to struggle for the right thing for your mom.
– Thanks for noting the Dalai Lama's 79th birthday - I hope he lives to be 119. Yay for an unremarkable day - you need a few of those while you're waiting for the conclusion to your house sale. We have friends who just returned from a year in Australia. The kids are delighted to leave the beginning of winter to the beginning of summer here.
- Ouch that "Old fashioned candy sticks at the museum"
can sneak past the food
sensors. Kudos for resolution by a long talk.
– Veggie platters are such a good summer meal choice. Yay for loving yourself enough to buy clothes that aren't on sale. [DW asked me the same question. Sadly, the spider crawled into the spray and washed down the drain. I hope he crawled out somewhere.]
- Yikes, I'd hate to have to write a vision and mission statement for my life even now. Love the thought of an Arizona boy letting himself get splashed in the rain.
day 19 Stop Fooling Yourself
Read the following list of self-deluding sabotaging thoughts and check off those that you've had in the past.
It's okay to eat this because ...
. . .
- I'll make up for it by eating less later.
- It won't matter.
- I paid for it.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 162.