View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #12
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I have to remember that progress is not linear. It's always 2 steps forward 1 step back. Unfortunately when I'm taking a step back it always feels in the moment that its 3 steps back! But then I emerge stronger and better and ahead. I don't know what I can do to reassure myself that if I overeat today it doesn't mean I will overeat tomorrow. As I so every month I like to make a conscious effort to be grateful for the changes that are taking place so effortlessly.

- I got rid of my fitbit recently. That was so hard but necessary
- I cancelled my subscription to women's health and fitness magazines
- my food scale took its rightful place in my kitchen: in the baking pantry
- I haven't gained any weight trough a midst of stressful situations
- I'm looking forward to wearing my new bathing suit and will also keep my bikini on hand in case I'm brave enough
- I have ordered the things I want to eat in public without beig embarrassed, apologetic or ashamed
- I exercise because it feels too awesome not to
- I find something I like in the mirror every time I look in it
- I'm doing less shopping/cooking and less overall food activities
- I'm using small plates, not because it's a diet trick but because the dinner plates are too overwhelming and a turn off to me now
- I've realized that I only want 1 egg most of the time what's up with the ubiquitous 2 eggs??
- all sandwiches are better with a fresh slice of tomato on them. How I hated this before is ridiculous. I think I was probably afraid to mix healthy and bad foods together. I was all or nothing before. If I was binging it was all bad bad bad. When I was on a health kick it was all good food good

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth

Last edited by Wannabeskinny : 07-05-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote