View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #12
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies Planned to get a task done in half a day; completed it before lunch. Yay!! I celebrate because I'm usually off by a factor of 2x to 4x estimating how long it'll take to get something done. One walk, CREDIT moi, to one hardware store was included in that.

Meals were on plan, CREDIT moi, snacks were off - Ouch. Sounding like a theme. I drank more water than normal. Working in my hot attic sucks moisture like crazy. I did, finally, haul up a compact floor fan to reduce the impact. Today's the day my drill bit arrives from Amazon - ya know, like anticipating my tenth birthday. I'm easily pleased.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Shall spend my work time today cogitating the notion of "run-of-the-mill desires" - could be that always thinking that this moment is special is tripping me. I do admire the thoroughness of your planning via the links you provided silverbirch.

CeeJay - Kudos for dumping all the negative to your Diet Coaches then marching forward with a doable plan. Yep, a week with relatives requires planning ahead for those situations that you can't control.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Ouch for a no-show tenant. Here's hoping that Plan B works out. We have the same problem here - wish Dr. Beck would write a 'Solution' book for weeds, LOL.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) Kudos for developing a Resistance Muscle that's strong enough for a good workout. I so identify with that notion of "a 'wanting' day" - like our four year old bursting out. [The community garden is divided into 10 foot by 10 foot plots. We each sow and reap from our own plot. It's considered bad form to snitch. The big raspberry patch on the end challenges me there.] Double Kudos for "stopped before full" with that Thai take-out.

maryann - Congrats for choosing a DH who insists on a second Vitamix recognizing that the cost is swamped by the benefits. Love the fragment, "peace with food comes just for today."

Woodland - Kudos for "I'm back on track again" - the key step for success is getting back right away.

nationalparker Such a stress for your dad to have to change all doctors and nurses - glad that you have a care team in place to help him through that. Supportive thoughts to you for continuing to face the created drama. Drooling over your burrito bowls eaten on patio. LOL at, "not create ginormous bowls" - my first thought always.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Ouch for hot! Up here we claim that your low humidity makes you hot bearable. Extra Kudos for op plan despite hungry.

Readers -
Quote:
day 18 Change your Definition of Full

what are you thinking?
Are you feeling resistant about recognizing that you have to eat less? Then read the following sabotaging thoughts and create Response Cards based on the responses below.

Sabotaging Thought: What if I end up feeling hungry before it's time to eat again?
Helpful Response: I learned on Day 12 that hunger is not an emergency, that I can tolerate the sensations of hunger, and that, if I don't' focus on it, the hunger will dissipate. If I still don't feel confident in my abilities to tolerate hunger, I should repeat the Day 12 tasks (pages 121-126) in addition to completing today's task.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 160.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month