View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #11
Slashnl
Diane

S/C/G: 294/259.8/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! Went to Body Pump this morning. It was a good workout. I was sweating a lot, so it had to be good, right? Last night I bought a heart rate monitor. I need it for this new spin class that they are starting at the gym. You use the heart rate monitor to hit certain targets related to different percentages of your max heart rate. It's called "mind over intensity". They have the very first class on Friday, so we'll see how that goes. I think I'll try out the monitor tomorrow at Spin, to see how it works. Something new.

Sandi: I agree with LaurieDawn. We all have to be kinder to ourselves. I think that when you've lost a lot of weight and gained it back, your self-esteem takes such a big hit that you can't give yourself credit for anything. It's so easy to criticize ourselves, but not so easy to be proud of all accomplishments, not just the big ones. I think with my exercise, I've done a great job of giving myself time to improve. I started so unbelievably slow, just being proud that I was in the gym. Then, slowly, I tried to improve each time. So for you, I think you need to be proud that you've lost some weight. You've been coming back here! That is great! Let yourself start slowly so that it isn't so overwhelming that you lose your motivation. You're so right that it has to come from within, and I know we all struggle with that. It just isn't easy. But you can do it! Treat yourself well! It reminds me of one of my favorite motivational sayings: You don't have to be great to start. You have to start to be great.

LaurieDawn: Darn, he is making it hard on you! I'm sorry for the frustration of the dinner. You are doing the right thing in trying to avoid the high calorie dishes. It must just be really hard for your husband to understand why you have to make these choices. Hang in there!

SunnyMac: Wow, you have quite the battle with going out to eat so often! It sounds like you are really learning some good tricks on what to choose. It is so hard to pass on those tasty tidbits that add up to outrageous calories!!

Uber: That is a good way to look at it. You've kept your weight steady rather than just totally giving up and letting it go. It's so true! If I hadn't stopped when my weight peaked at the highest point, I would still be surpassing that and moving higher and higher. There just isn't an option here, we just have to keep trying!

Mandy: So cool that you've lost all that weight and all the inches! Nice!!!!! You'll be under 300 in no time! You should be so proud of the results. Way to go!!!!