Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~July Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you when you turned 50? 60? 70? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Where did June go? Sitting outside enjoying the nice day. Thankfully there is some shade and a breeze, because the thermometer said 101° Hope you all have had a nice day.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

K3 there is a tropical storm brewing your way. Hopefully it goes in the opposite direction you're in. Take care.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Wow, time to start the July thread already? June has gone SO fast! I've done great on my eating plan today...the evening is always the hard part but hoping to continue doing well.

Saw this on FB and thought it was actually a pretty good article.
http://www.correctionsone.com/column...a-lot-of-time/
Old 07-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Got distracted by the Correctional Officer Humour column, thanks maryea!

Liana
Old 07-01-2014, 12:47 AM   #6  

The title of this forum just sank in. OMG I am a golden girl. Where has the time gone, lol. 62 years old. sometimes I have to remind myself I am not a kid.

Just responding to some things written in June ( Monday). I hope that is okay. A little stroll down memory lane.

wannabehealthy, re Lucnida being able to keep food for her family and not eat it, I could not do it either. I admire anyone who can.

Deelou, I cover up. Sleeves to my elbows. Even in 90 degree weather. No shorts. So I am not an inspiration when it comes to self love and acceptance of my sags. I would not have sugery. No one gets to see my angel winged upper arms, saggy breasts .....thighs..... shall I continue? Think not. The way I see it is not healthy. Perhaps the most real truth is that a body is a blessing. And wherever it is not "perfect" that is where the story of where the person's life can be seen.

Bobbolink: Seriously? They make rice crispy treats with caramel in them? I become weak in the knees thinking of that I would ejoy a plate of them... with peanutbutter, if possible.

Went to the chiropractor. 2 weeks ago one of her office people asked me to bring in my brown sugar and butter brownies. With least double the amount of chocolate chips. Topped off with a lot of organic peanut butter topping. Today the chiropractor told me how over the top decadent they were. And for that reason alone to not bring any more in the near future. I told her not to worry. I ate way too many of them. Therefore will not be making any more....in this lifetime.

Last edited by flower123; 07-01-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #7  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

When I finally realized that ALL of my health issues, the fibromyalgia, my yeast infections, my swollen ulcerated ankles, my bleeding gums, my low libido, my constant knee pain, my numbness/tingle in my toes every symptom was because I was over weight and sugar addicted and I was becoming a closet alcoholic that was my wake up call.
I was also emotionally a wreck. I had anxiety and paranoia and heaps of self loathing. Something had to give. So I sacrificed my eating. I grabbed the bull by the horns and I won't let go.
I refuse to be a broken sick person all due to my weight and sugar addiction.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #8  
Bobbi

My new July resolution is to faithfully post and drop the weight. I've horsed around too long. If I don't post, someone personal message me and kick my butt....PLEASE.
I set up my Fitday for one month only, will try to make my goal within the month of July. I need to get competitive with someone, maybe just myself.

I actually started my diet yesterday, June 30th. No scolding for my first day choices, I purposely kept my calories low for the 1st day to jump start my regiment. I do need to get my fiber up, that was the key to my losing so much weight in the past.

I discovered Lemon smoothies by accident. In the summer time I always keep a 2 quart pitcher of lemonade mixed up. I mix up a 2 quart pitcher using 2 packages of unsweetened kool-ade, one fresh squeezed lemon with the zested peeling and stevia. I also pour the mixed lemonade into my ice cube trays to plop in the lemonade so it doesn't get diluted while sipping.

Yesterday I used one cup of lemonade in the blender, many lemon ice cubes, stevia and 12 grams of dry skim milk powder. (44 calories for the whole thing)

I've made smoothies with almond milk before but it doesn't get the volume that dry milk powder does. I measured out dry milk packets for the week, store them in the freezer in snack zip bags. You all know everything needs to be ice cold to get a great smoothie.

One of the reasons I liked using almond milk was because of the low calories. I experimented with the dry milk, 23 grams of dry powder makes one cup of skim milk (80 calories)..... I used 1/2 this, 12 grams and only 40 calories. It did the trick, whipped up just as good as using the whole amount. This was very filling and I didn't get hungry until about 3:30 in the afternoon. Today I'll add one frozen banana to it to get my calories up.

P.S. I'm not eating sweet corn again, that small ear of corn I ate had 183 calories in it. That's without butter too. I'd rather spend my calories on low calorie bulk foods.

Monday: 132.8
Tuesday: 130

Quote:
MONDAY 683 CALORIES + 34 GRAMS FIBER

Breakfast: Fiber One ,Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Almond Milk, fresh blueberries

Lunch: Fresh Lemon smoothie
Celery & Radishes with peanut butter dip

Supper: 2 Egg Beaters on low calorie toast and one ear of sweet corn.

P.M. Snack: 1/2 Plum + 1/2 Peach.
Sunflower Seeds

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-01-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you Bobbi....I'm late with this but Thank you!

Cajun the storm is forming off the East Coast and should be off NYC by the 4th. I'm on the Gulf Coast just below the Big Bend.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #10  
Bobbi

K3...I thought of saying you're welcome in advance but I don't see your beautiful face or fantastic humor anymore. Instead of finding Nemo, we need to find K3.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #11  

Bobbi I agree with you. I miss k3 too.
K3 glad the storm won't be hurting you and anyone else. I'm not ready for those dreaded hurricanes.

Trying to do a little work this morning. Mopping finished, vacuuming finished, kitchen cleaned finished, washing finished. Dusting and bathrooms left.
I have pokeno tonight after work so I need to jump on trampoline before I get off work. I'll wait until I put the babies down for their nap.
Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm thinking it won't be too good. I feel bloated. TOM is late and won't start. I hate peri menopause. I will stay on tract. Sooner or later the weight will let go and start to come off.

Back to dusting. Later gators.
Hugs
Cajun.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay....I have been around. I just have had nothing to add to all of the voices. Hard to believe but sometimes my mouth is shut. sighhh if only it would stop chewing.

I am the world's biggest sucker for tv ads. I have watched the Bryers ad for the Galato caramel until I was drooling. Broke down and bought a tub. BLAH!
Tastes like cold cream off the top of the old milk bottle and the caramel is tasteless. $6 shot. I will mail any of you the rest of the container!

Cajun...work on weight loss now because after menopause it gets even harder. I have resumed being your inner ear worm so watch out girl. You cheat I scream...............and not for ice cream

Rosey....How is DH? Did the dvds come? Enjoy!

Donna.....Have you started "Orange"?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #13  
Bobbi

Yay...she speaks! I've drooled over those same ads, glad they are yucky!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-01-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, you have always done so well on your own weight loss plan, I have no doubt you will do it again. I need someone to compete with too, but you weigh so much less than I do there is not contest. You win, hands down!

I am looking forward to trying your lemon smoothie. It sounds good.

I bought a Fitbit with my birthday and mother's day gift cards and finally got it up and running. Yesterday I logged a grand total of 3,121 steps. Think I need to up the pace a bit, ya know? LOL This morning I went for bloodwork and did lots of shopping all over town, but forgot to put the Fitbit on. It doesn't work while sitting on the dresser.

DeeLou, unfortunately the saggy skin is our punishment for not getting this weight off when we were 30, or keeping it off as we aged. Not much you can do about it. All we can do is keep reminding ourselves that we are healthier without all that weight dragging us down.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #15  

K3 Yay I have my long lost friend back. I promise I will do good. I'll let you know when you need to scream. Maybe it should be me screaming bout that ice cream.

I done my jogging on mini trampoline for today.

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread