View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 05:00 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday - Canada Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, except for snacks, Ouch. I'll hang in here until I get back on track. Dinner included yet another big bowl of our garden's lettuce. DW and I continued to sit on the patio after dinner savoring the most perfect evening of the year, reading until the light faded.

Walked, CREDIT moi, to the hardware store to buy a dozen machine screws of different lengths that I might need while on the ladder. Made progress on the another project that required cutting two holes in the ceiling - thought this was a good time to do it since I was in the habit of being covered in plaster debris. This went well. The expensive Dremel tool that I borrowed from my DS to make the hole burned out its cutting drill in a quarter of the circle. I had to resort to more old-fashioned brute force techniques that worked just fine. Apparently, my optimizing brain will happily spend an hour getting the perfect tool for a job that would take only 15 minutes using brute force. DW just uses the brute force method and moves forward. Mixed marriage, this.

onebyone Yay for using that fancy planter that had previously been designated to go away - from a guy who throws away nothing and looks for reinforcement that that's an OK way to live, LOL. A 45 minute private raptor experience is just about the best birthday present I've ever heard about.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Yay for lettuce from seed; I'll have to consider your seed tape since those seeds are so tiny, tiny. Kudos for such careful analysis of your data.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Hope your new tenants arrived, are ensconced, and are happily paying rent.

silverbirch We call it Water Cress. Wiki calls it Garden Cress. Just plain Cress is new to me. When we were kids, fancy sandwiches cut into triangles first had the crust removed. We kids loved that - a whole plate full of sandwich crusts with pimento cheese salad oozing out for us to scarf.

Woodland - Congrats for having an elliptical for exercise when the winds are up.

nationalparker Kudos for buying salad but NO pizza from a pizza joint - not sure that I could do that. When our kids were little I had memorized the phone number of the local pizza place. This seems like useful advice for many situations, "Why worry now when I don't even KNOW."

Tricia (AZtricia) - Ouch for "achy" with Extra Kudos for being on-plan anyway. Scales, like kids, seem to have a mind of their own.

6crowsgold - Ouch for sick; Yay for a pound lost forever, anyway.

Readers -
Quote:
day 18 Change your Definition of Full

what are you thinking?
Are you feeling resistant about recognizing that you have to eat less? Then read the following sabotaging thoughts and create Response Cards based on the responses below.

Sabotaging Thought: My diet plan says I'm allowed to have unlimited amounts of certain foods. What's the harm of eating lots of them?
Helpful Response: I'm going to have many, many experiences in which I don't have access to these unlimited foods: at restaurants, buffets, and social gatherings. If I haven't repeatedly practice eating to normal fullness, I'm likely to eat too much of the foods I have to limit in those situations.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 160.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years

BillBlueEyes is off-web until Sunday, 21Sept2014