Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:12 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 6/28-Sun 6/29/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #2  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

First day of my holiday and I should be sleeping in!! Too excited I guess LOL... Will have to spend the day trying to "declutter" so I can get my house ready to sell... yard sale anyone??
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 AM   #3  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Ipeeps! Got through a hungry night on plan. Getting ready to leave for vacation tomorrow...packing all my IP food. I hope you all have an amazing day and staying OP is easy for you!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #4  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good for staying OP Rayze even when the hungries hit! When I get the hungries, I usually have a cup of coffee (just remember to add your extra water).

IP43....I'm having a really big "new house itch" right now. Good luck trying to get everything around. It's such a HUGE task! Whether or not we decide to move, there are lots and lots of projects to be finished. Sigh.

Had a scale shocker this AM but am not going to count it. I only weight once a week, but decided to get it out of the babylocked drawer because I was feeling particularly light after finishing my TOM. My first reading said 146.2 (which would be over 1lb down since Wedsnesday). But then I stepped off and on again (because I bought the cheapest scale at the store which was NOT SMART) and it read 144.4 the next several times I stepped. I was looking to get back to my original 146.2 reading. Anyway...this is what you get for the cheapest scale. I'm not going to count that last reading, but it sure was nice to see my weight lower than it has been since before I got pregnant with with my daughter!!!!!

I work this AM while my kids finish up VBS...and then I have to work on client billing all afternoon. Boooooooo. Going to have to be strong not to stress eat.

Tomorrow, I get to have my hair cut and colored. My roots are serious right now.

Question: I have really enjoyed a big watery cup of regular iced tea with one serving of splenda. Do I have to add extra water to account for the caffeine?

Last edited by evemomma; 06-28-2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #5  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

This morning my market had EAS RTDs with a $1 off coupon on them - making them less than $1/each. You know I cleaned them out!
Old 06-28-2014, 11:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning!
First the good news- went grocery shopping yesterday with hubby, and as I was putting the groceries away I saw he bought jimica. I was so excited I read about that on here and boy was it yummy!!!

Now the not so good news- the doctor called with my results yesterday, I have a bacterial infection and kidney stones. He put me on a strong antibiotic and sent me for a CT scan. Are the two related? I guess I won't have any answers until he gets the results from the CT scan. I was so in so much pain last night, DH wanted to take me to the ER, but I didn't see the point in it, they would probably tell me that my doctor is doing all he can.

I have no appetite I made Big Mac in a bowl for dinner last night and couldn't stomach it. I've decided that it's best to not eat spinach until I find out what kind of stones I have and spinach is normally counted as my 2 cups of veggies so that stinks

I just want to know what's going on with me. I'm in so much pain. Is it from the stones? Are they stuck? Or is it the infection? I don't know. Y'all pray for me.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:27 AM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

Aw Kelly -- sending you a ton of very gentle and lots of prayers. The good thing is now at least you know. It doesn't ease your physical pain at all, but helps with the "mental" one at least. Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #8  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

Had a scale shocker this AM but am not going to count it. I only weight once a week, but decided to get it out of the babylocked drawer because I was feeling particularly light after finishing my TOM. My first reading said 146.2 (which would be over 1lb down since Wedsnesday). But then I stepped off and on again (because I bought the cheapest scale at the store which was NOT SMART) and it read 144.4 the next several times I stepped. I was looking to get back to my original 146.2 reading. Anyway...this is what you get for the cheapest scale. I'm not going to count that last reading, but it sure was nice to see my weight lower than it has been since before I got pregnant with with my daughter!!!!!

I work this AM while my kids finish up VBS...and then I have to work on client billing all afternoon. Boooooooo. Going to have to be strong not to stress eat.

Tomorrow, I get to have my hair cut and colored. My roots are serious right now.

Question: I have really enjoyed a big watery cup of regular iced tea with one serving of splenda. Do I have to add extra water to account for the caffeine?
Hi Evemomma
Cheep scales aren't the only ones that do that. Our higher end scale will vary leaning forward or back on the thing. I still have to bend over a bit to see the number on it, so I'm at least consistently leaning forward a bit.
Sounds like a very busy day! I hope it goes far better stress wise than you could imagine. I'm sending my positive thoughts your way.
I am toying with letting my hair go natural. I'm 52 y/o and my mom never colored her hair. I always thought it was lovely from pepper to salt, and then eventually salt to pepper. If I got a short haircut right now I'd be well on my way to converting to all natural color..... I need to decide I'm on the fence and my hair is about 1/2 and 1/2 already in color.
I have heard it said an extra amount of water is needed for caffeine. I generally drink an extra 24 ounces a day, so I don't worry about a cup or two of coffee. I think I will start brewing herbal or decaf teas for iced tea. Then I can do my coffee in the AM and have tea in the hot part of the day.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

halfagain, I always think some people look so chic with the salt/pepper -- especially with a nice cut. I say "go for it". If YOU like it and wear it with confidence, you'll look fabulous! If you don't like it, "miss clairol" is only a hairwash away
Old 06-28-2014, 11:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 177.7/178.1/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning!

Whewhew!! I made it to the 160's!! I am amazed since I haven't been able to stay on plan as much because I am spending a lot of time in clinic and hospital waiting rooms. Child and cat are sick. So I've been living on the protein bars and shakes and as much water as possible. I sure hope I don't gain it back! The 160's are looking good! Haven't seen it in a few years!

Anyway, off to bring cat to vet again. Oh and then maybe to clinic for son again. Groan...
Old 06-28-2014, 01:22 PM   #11  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

S/C/G: 265/173/135-140

Morning everyone! I just tried the chocolate wafers for lunch for the first time , they are soo delicious! Yummy!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #12  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsgettingfit View Post
Morning everyone! I just tried the chocolate wafers for lunch for the first time , they are soo delicious! Yummy!
Ohhhhh, I love those so much. I can't allow myself to buy more than one per week. If I buy a whole box, all I want to do is sit down and eat the whole box at once. Too tempting! But so, so yummy!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Got back from vacation this morning, had a beautiful week at the ocean and much needed downtime. Managed to stay OP the whole time in terms of what went in my mouth. I know I went over on the protein a bit a few days and probably had higher fat intake as well as I wasn't too strict about measuring and we did go out to eat a few times. All in all, I'd call it a success! Quite enjoyed having a beach vacation where activities didn't center around hitting up the usual junky food spots. Got up early most days and watched the sun rise, took a walk on the beach and had some quality time with my family.

Didn't weigh myself all week while I was gone, so I just checked the scale and I came in at 192.2. Not too far below my last WI (definitely not the average two weeks worth of loss), but it is the afternoon and hopefully it'll go down a bit once I get re-hydrated and have a few days of "normal" routine. Official WI Tues. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #14  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Found myself in the basement today and pulled open a box of clothes that I'd stashed down there a few months before starting IP because they were too small. I was a little nervous, thinking it might be a bit premature to try any of it. I don't want to get cocky, thinking I'm skinnier than I am... But curiosity won and I tried stuff on--and tons of stuff fits! Now, in order to make room in my closet, I'm going to have to start a box of stuff that's TOO BIG. (And I'm NOT storing THAT box in my basement. I don't ever want to wear that stuff again! It's headed to charity.) Can't wait till these current clothes become the "too big" clothes and I can bust open yet another "too small" box in my basement--and have them fit! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IP!?
Old 06-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #15  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

It's holiday time on here!

IP43 and Rayze - have a wonderful break.

pishposhapplesauce - welcome back. Ocean vacations are the best! There is something so levelling & calming about such a huge body of water, impervious to our 'small' concerns. I have access to ocean where I live & being there is like resetting the 'worry-stat'.

Kelly - so glad you are posting your health concerns - it must be very difficult, but sounds like you are taking the right steps to getting it all sorted. Sharing is important! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Sheena1966 - Congratulations on your losses! Sounds like life is throwing you some curves right now - stay the course - you have a cheering section!!

Halfagain - about natural hair colour: I started to salt&pepper in my 30's, so I eventually coloured for a while. But my decision to stop was based on minimizing the fussing & I also felt uncomfortable with having all those chemicals on my skin. I've never regretted it! And it can be very striking to have white hair early - people often take a second look. The attitude that you project will govern others' reactions. Be proud!!

This weekend I am working on my deck (needs painting) & my garden (is that work ever done? NO!). But once I get out there, the time will fly. Also, today I will walk. Been missing my running for about a month (knee complaints) & I look forward to moving again. Should make a difference to the scale as well as my mood.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Closed Thread