Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Tuesday 6/24/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #2  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning Everyone! Keeping my eye on the prize today.....and days to come!

Do you guys like setting small goals, like "I have a wedding to attend in 8 weeks - goal is to be down 10-15 lbs"? I've done that in the past - but since I've also not been successful in the past, I don't know if this is a good approach. Am I setting myself up? I just feel the need to work toward something specific -- but not too far off.

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by 3sisters; 06-24-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post

Do you guys like setting small goals, like "I have a wedding to attend in 8 weeks - goal is to be down 10-15 lbs"? I've done that in the past - but since I've also not been successful in the past, I don't know if this is a good approach. Am I setting myself up? I just feel the need to work toward something specific -- but not too far off.

I had goals, but I tried not to make them time limited - kind of felt like setting myself up for failure. Since we lose weight at sometimes odd rates, I didn't want to feel like I was doing something wrong if I didn't hit a certain weight by a certain date.

Instead I set up goals like lose 20 pounds, weigh less than my drivers license says I do, weigh less than dh, hit 100 lbs down, etc., etc. I think little goals worked better for me - losing 120 lbs seemed like an overwhelming task but do it in smaller increments was totally doable!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post

I do better with "challenges" than with goals... If I had said "I want to lose 15 lb by (date)" , and then failed and only lost 12 lb, I would feel like a horrible failure.

Instead, I challenge myself to "lose as much as possible in the next 8 weeks so that I can look my best at the wedding." Suddenly, those same 12 lb become an accomplishment, not a shortcoming.

It is purely mental, I know, but it works for me. I get discouraged too easily!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I agree with the other comments, I needed the challenges without a specific timeline. I also celebrated 5 pound losses.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #6  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

week four WI #4 down 1.8lbs. I am a daily weigher and somehow I managed to gain 1.2lbs yesterday. No cheats and following IP1 100%. I'm happy I lost but disappointed that I could gain 1.8lbs in a day. Confused. I did notice that I had to really struggle to get my ring off this morning. I have worn the same ring on my right hand for many years and for the last 6 months or so sometimes it won't come off.

I don't set time framed goals. I just want to lose every week. I'm afraid to do that because I will beat myself up if I don't make the goal.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

For me my goals are usually, today I will eat correctly and continue that through the week. Since weight loss can be fickle, I challenge myself to follow the plan. Then if the weight loss does not happen, I just know it is delayed and will happen the next week.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

OK, I have a doctor apt at 11 today. I cannot take this pain any longer.
I'm thinking that I pulled a muscle in my back or something? I don't know how though, I haven't done anything strenuous. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down. It hurts!!!

Sorry, I just needed someone to whine too!!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
week four WI #4 down 1.8lbs. I am a daily weigher and somehow I managed to gain 1.2lbs yesterday. No cheats and following IP1 100%. I'm happy I lost but disappointed that I could gain 1.8lbs in a day. Confused. I did notice that I had to really struggle to get my ring off this morning. I have worn the same ring on my right hand for many years and for the last 6 months or so sometimes it won't come off.

I don't set time framed goals. I just want to lose every week. I'm afraid to do that because I will beat myself up if I don't make the goal.
As a former, um, MULTIPLE daily weigher, I can tell you that my weight can vary practically 3-4 pounds in a day. There is SO much variance depending on water retention, the big C (or just before and after normal...sorry TMI probably).

I have found for my own sanity that I have to put my scale away in a drawer (seriously, and one with a child-proof lock) and commit to only weighing once a week. That way, knowing that the weight is really on a minute capture of time, I won't be comparing it to every other minute capture of time.

What if you weighed maybe twice a week instead of daily?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

OK...I'm posting here instead of grabbing a donut (well, don't actually HAVE a donut at my house)...BUT we have oreos and Hershey bars in our fridge (ack...husbands!). I am working on a new website for my work and banged out a lovely page this am. When I typed in 'save draft'...it erased ALL the work I did.

Gaaaaaaaaaaah! What makes me the most frustrated is that this was a tricky page for my new clients, and I thought very long and hard about how I wanted to word my schedule and availability - since parents may have to pull kids out of school to see me.

No getting it back...must've been a cruddy internet snafu.

OK....and while I'm de-stressing on here. I'll spill that I am BEYOND stressed because I am switching billing companies and am getting the run-around from my new one (uh-oh...not a good sign). This is how I get PAID, so it is freaking me out that I am behind in getting my charges in to insurance.

Old Eve would head for McDonald's or Starbucks for a sugar-laden chocolate coffee drink. New Eve will complain on here and then grab an EAS shake with some instant coffee before heading off to swim lessons (since I haven't had my breakfast yet).

Still wish I hadn't wasted two hours this morning on cyber-dust!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I finally told my husband no more sugar. Then I sent him a bunch of articles on the toxicity of sugar. Then I made him start reading labels. That was early February. He detoxed a couple of weeks and I am happy to say he eats a lot less sugar, does not bring it home and has lost 20 pounds.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I agree not to set timelines for goals, but I do like the people treating themselves to a reward -- manicure or new shoes or something when you reach a bigger goal. I really should set a daily one to get that water and darn vitamins in!
How about making a "change for change" jar and for each mini goal, or pound lost, put a set amount of change in the jar. When you reach a bigger goal you have set, you'd have some $$$ to do something special (maybe change your hair, change your nails, change your shoes... )
Old 06-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #13  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I finally told my husband no more sugar. Then I sent him a bunch of articles on the toxicity of sugar. Then I made him start reading labels. That was early February. He detoxed a couple of weeks and I am happy to say he eats a lot less sugar, does not bring it home and has lost 20 pounds.
That's awesome! (a) that he did what he was told and (b) that he has had such great results. Thanks for sharing that tidbit! "Tough Love" pays off once again!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/177/180

Height: 6'2"

Default our challenge today? a cruise

My wife and I are doing the IP alternative path and we're on day four of our cruise in the Bahamas. We're doing pretty well staying on plan, but it's a challenge. This Disney cruise has amazing food and it's hard to turn it away. We vacuum-sealed 8 days of GNC AMP Wheybolic 60 into individual packs and it's working well. We also brought Quest and Designer Whey bars, which we're using well. The biggest challenge is finding enough veggies. We scour the salad bars, but they are often light on allowed veggies. We're getting enough meat, but often have to spread the 8 ounces between lunch and dinner, as dinner meat portions are too small. We have ordered extra veggies at dinner and the staff is terrific and provides them without hesitation. In a funny exercise, we checked my child's calories through lunch yesterday and compared it to mine and the toddler had 1500 kcal while I'd only had 600 kcal. So, you can stay fairly on plan while on the cruise, but it takes work. Oh, and good luck getting enough fiber. We brought the Now psyllium caps, but didn't have the space to pack the organic india psyllium flakes.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #15  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneDoc View Post
My wife and I are doing the IP alternative path and we're on day four of our cruise in the Bahamas. We're doing pretty well staying on plan, but it's a challenge. This Disney cruise has amazing food and it's hard to turn it away. We vacuum-sealed 8 days of GNC AMP Wheybolic 60 into individual packs and it's working well. We also brought Quest and Designer Whey bars, which we're using well. The biggest challenge is finding enough veggies. We scour the salad bars, but they are often light on allowed veggies. We're getting enough meat, but often have to spread the 8 ounces between lunch and dinner, as dinner meat portions are too small. We have ordered extra veggies at dinner and the staff is terrific and provides them without hesitation. In a funny exercise, we checked my child's calories through lunch yesterday and compared it to mine and the toddler had 1500 kcal while I'd only had 600 kcal. So, you can stay fairly on plan while on the cruise, but it takes work. Oh, and good luck getting enough fiber. We brought the Now psyllium caps, but didn't have the space to pack the organic india psyllium flakes.
Congrats to you and you wife for staying on plan while on a cruise. I just did a cruise in may and there is no way I could have done it. Way too many temptations for me.
Closed Thread