Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 6/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #2  

Default Happy Monday!

Good morning everyone! Today is the start of Vacation Bible School so I'm working on putting on a happy face even though it's TOM and I just want to crawl into bed with a heating pad and stay there.
Oh well. As the Beck book says, this is a "no choice" kind of day. One foot in front of the other.
I hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #3  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Posted this over the weekend, but thought I'd repeat here to get a few more responses (thanks for yours JLUS!). I see people using Pure Protein and Quest Bars, but those (at least the ones I have access to) seem so high in calories compared to IP. I thought this seemed a good alternative, but are there better? I would like opinions of those who have researched alternatives. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those of you who regularly use alternative products (sorry, couldn't find that thread), could you give me your expert opinion on the following?

I found a new bar in the Pharmacy section of my grocery store, made for Diabetics, called "LEVEL Life". There are 2 types. Could someone tell me how close these are to the nutritional levels of an IP bar? They sure are cheaper, and much lower in calories than other alternative bars I've seen. And, they taste good!

Chocolate Peanut Crunch: Cal 140, Fat 6, Carb 14 (Fiber 6, Sugar 1, Sugar Alcohol 4), Protein 13. The better choice, nutritionally.

Caramel Chocolate Peanut: Cal 140, Fat 6, Carb 18 (Fiber 6, Sugar 4, Sugar Alcohol 6), Protein 11.

Could eat one hard-boiled egg white with it to ramp up the Protein.

Thanks, did IP about 2 years ago, didn't phase off, and I'm back in the saddle, hoping to do it right this time around!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Posted this over the weekend, but thought I'd repeat here to get a few more responses (thanks for yours JLUS!). I see people using Pure Protein and Quest Bars, but those (at least the ones I have access to) seem so high in calories compared to IP. I thought this seemed a good alternative, but are there better? I would like opinions of those who have researched alternatives. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To those of you who regularly use alternative products (sorry, couldn't find that thread), could you give me your expert opinion on the following?

I found a new bar in the Pharmacy section of my grocery store, made for Diabetics, called "LEVEL Life". There are 2 types. Could someone tell me how close these are to the nutritional levels of an IP bar? They sure are cheaper, and much lower in calories than other alternative bars I've seen. And, they taste good!

Chocolate Peanut Crunch: Cal 140, Fat 6, Carb 14 (Fiber 6, Sugar 1, Sugar Alcohol 4), Protein 13. The better choice, nutritionally.

Caramel Chocolate Peanut: Cal 140, Fat 6, Carb 18 (Fiber 6, Sugar 4, Sugar Alcohol 6), Protein 11.
I saw an answer to this yesterday. Usually if people agree with a response, you won't see others.

Here is a link to the alt thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-4-a.html It is frustrating when threads get buried by so many threads started, especially additional "chatty" threads. That's what the daily chat is for!

Anyway, just remember IP isn't just about calories, but balance. These bars are light on protein, heavy on fat. I'd have to look at complete nutritional and ingredients label to comment further.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-23-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is the start of Vacation Bible School so I'm working on putting on a happy face even though it's TOM and I just want to crawl into bed with a heating pad and stay there.
Oh well. As the Beck book says, this is a "no choice" kind of day. One foot in front of the other.
Good luck! Wouldn't it be nice to have a "I don't want to be an adult" day? I want to stay home in my jammies all day watching junk TV today. Not going to happen, but boy it would be nice.

Hope the kiddos cooperate and make it a rewarding day for you!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Beautiful sunrise here in the Pacific Northwest - oh, to sit in a chair outside and soak up some needed Vitamin D!.

This morning brings me to -90 pounds on IP (more since I started just low carb). I now have 20 pounds more to go to reach goal but things are slowing down so I am trying to exercise patience. Being short of patience and disliking exercise, I am going to have to buckle down to achieve that, but I will.

Part of what I am fighting is complacency. My weight now is back to what it was before I was married and approaching what I weighed in college. I know in my heart I want more. Yet. I have been having such fun with size 10 and 12 clothes, looking like a 'normal' person, and having energy that I need to remind myself my journey is far from done.

So, I will sit back and enjoy the beautiful blue skies, pure white clouds, bright sun...just until college sun wakes up and the day REALLY begins...groceries for college, testing center, buying air mattress, packing, cleaning.......
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! It's Monday and oh boy do I feel it! I was a little non-compliant over the weekend. Not horribly so... but enough that my scale did go up by 2 lbs. UGH!!!!! I'm sure it is water weight mostly considering my rings are fitting quite snug this morning. I did manage to get in a great bike ride yesterday. I'm feeling it a bit today. My frustration level is going up with the slow moving scale. It makes it hard to stay on track. I need some words of wisdom this morning. I have vacation in 2 weeks and I would REALLY love to be at my target for that date.

One day at a time, keep your goal in sight.
FNP1973
Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Might be TMI for some, but does anyone else gain weight or find weight hard to come off during the week you ovulate? Maybe it's just me! XD
Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Might be TMI for some, but does anyone else gain weight or find weight hard to come off during the week you ovulate? Maybe it's just me! XD
Yes I notice this...which STINKS since I also notice this issue every TOM...two times a month...no fair! I often get cysts on my ovaries, and notice my weight will stay the same or up a little when I'm feeling a rather big (yeouch!).
Old 06-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #10  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Beautiful sunrise here in the Pacific Northwest - oh, to sit in a chair outside and soak up some needed Vitamin D!.

This morning brings me to -90 pounds on IP (more since I started just low carb). I now have 20 pounds more to go to reach goal but things are slowing down so I am trying to exercise patience. Being short of patience and disliking exercise, I am going to have to buckle down to achieve that, but I will.

Part of what I am fighting is complacency. My weight now is back to what it was before I was married and approaching what I weighed in college. I know in my heart I want more. Yet. I have been having such fun with size 10 and 12 clothes, looking like a 'normal' person, and having energy that I need to remind myself my journey is far from done.

So, I will sit back and enjoy the beautiful blue skies, pure white clouds, bright sun...just until college sun wakes up and the day REALLY begins...groceries for college, testing center, buying air mattress, packing, cleaning.......
How amazing!!!! 90 lbs is AWESOME! Getting closer to goal weight, I understand what you mean about complacency. I haven't cheated, but I haven't been as good about getting my water, making sure I don't miss a supplement...I know it's because my pants are cutting into my waist like they were. Working on self-discipline that LASTS once I'm at goal weight.

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

i have my week 6 weigh in tomorrow and i have been op all week....my comment is that i feel like i could nap all the time. i sleep really well at night...is this normal? my friend who is on phase 4 now told me she felt energized after week 3.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #12  
Evemomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Have fun at VBS! My kids are going to a sister church of ours later this week...they are really excited because this particular church had "tracks" the kids could choose (like science, cooking, art...). Interested to see how they weave bibical lessons into these. My church is doing a "secret agent" one later this summer.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 221.5

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

i too would like to just put clothes on like a "normal" person!!!! stay calm while college duties are accomplished---question: are you from schenectady? just wondering because i am from Latham
Old 06-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #14  
Evemomma

Sorry so many posts from me....kept seeing threads I wanted to answer AFTER I had already answered another one. Last week of swim lessons here for the kids. I will be happy because my schedule won't be quite so rigorous, but kind of sad too since the kids love them so much. I am playing around with joining our local YMCA (my kids are already very active in their classes/sports) to take advantage of their fitness programs (plus they have childcare...which I NEED). What exercise do you all do already or plan to do? I'm really interested in the benefits of yoga for muscle building and stretch. I used to be a dancer (about a hundred years ago...lol) and miss that toned feeling!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #15  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Good Morning everyone, I am was previously on IP for a short time and while I did enjoy the program and did fairly well, fell off the wagon but am now firmly seatbelted in again and ready to work the program with alternatives.. I look forward to chatting and receving / giving support to everyone on the boards..

Cheers - have a great day!
Closed Thread