Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #1  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Arrow Project Procrastinators - let's get 'er done this summer.

Hello.

This is a space to post any kind of project we are procrastinating about, big or small.

In my experience, these kinds of things hang over my head and work their way into my head and mind as "proof" I can't do something or complete something. In short, they give me reasons to feel bad and since I cope with bad feelings by using food, I will overeat over them.

On the flip side, seeing them accomplished gives me hope that I can accomplish my health and weightloss goals as well. It's important to do what we can--commit to doing something long overdue, break it down into manageable steps, and stay accountable here. Let's see what we can accomplish this summer.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-12-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #2  
persist

Exclamation I need to make an appointment

I'm procrastinating over making an appointment with an accountant.
This should be an easy fix as I have a name and number, I just need to call.

I'm procrastinating over "what will come next" but really none of the big good things can happen if we don't get some things in order that I and DH are not equipped to do. So I need to take this step to get to the other (good) side of this.

-will call accountant and make an appointment by the end of today

Didn't do this today and now it's too late to call, so, will call in the morning. This will not go on into next week.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-12-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #3  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm procrastinating on getting rid of a single bed and mattress.

I'm procrastinating installing a new vent fan in the 3rd floor bathroom.

I'm procrastinating three minor plumbing issues because I'm not fond of plumbers.

All need to be done by summer.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'd been procrastination getting 3 roses in the ground. Done.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

We travel to Florida on Monday the 23rd. We will have a pet sitter stay in our home to take care of the pup. That leaves 2 scenarios since I have 4 work days in between now and then:

1. I procrastinate until the last minute and have 3 super hectic stress filled days

2. I start now and find a successful strategy to avoid the last minute stress.

I choose #2.

So...this morning I started through the house decluttering. There has been a build up of "stuff" which started adding up through these past few weeks of focusing on finishing our project. Often, I will declutter and clean each room as I go. This time I'm going to focus on the entire house in this order
a. declutter and put away
b. do the major clean in the rooms that have the least use
c. save the final cleaning for the final 3 days.

This morning I started in the kitchen and picked up/put away, which included sorting through the kitchen freezer and moving a bunch of items to the freezer downstairs. I did the dining room table and living room. I now have some excess in my office and I'll work on that for several days.

I'm happy to use my Beck skills to plan ahead thus avoiding future discomfort. I know from experience that my food plan works better when I've also made a plan for my physical environment. Credit.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:46 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

My list of things i'm procrastinating about is a mile long. However i am not bothered about any of them really except for my sewing currently.

I have to make a pair of trousers for one customer and tomorrow i have another customer so tomorrow i have to do a clean up of my work space and i realised if i cut out the fabric in advance of her coming, i can just do a fitting when she gets here and will be streets ahead. The dress has to be made by Monday. I know what size she is already.

I had put off my running in the last month but having dealt with my sewing thing in a certain way, i feel free to start my running again and I'm hoping i will fee inclined to start sewing again too.

I hate having to push myself.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

It was good that i was having a visitor coming today. It gave me the chance to clean up my workroom and then i had a good thought about how it might be easier to make the dress for the woman.

She came and tomorrow i will have to sew all day until i get this dress made.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #8  
persist

Default did it-phase#2

OK--so I called the accountant's office that was referred to me and now I have a half hour appointment with an accountant on Thursday at 11am. I couldn't speak to her directly as she was at lunch. The receptionist told me to bring whatever I have from the last tax return I filed to today. And to bring my receipts. My receipts are all in bags and in bags that are in boxes, and in just boxes, all over the place. I'll do the best I can. Will be glad to be in that office trying to straighten this all out even though I am pretty sure it will cost big bucks.

TASK: find receipts
sort them by year
find tax returns
do the same with DH's receipts--hopefully he will cooperate and not give me lots of grief
Old 06-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

onebyone, good for you making that appointment! You've made the start to walk through your process. I encourage you to keep taking the requested steps so to reach the point of crossing this item off your list.

I'm still thinking about next Monday and our housesitter. Yesterday morning I cleaned out the refrigerator before I went to work. Another time consuming job crossed off the list. I instructed DH as to how he could dust our living room today. He is willing to help as long as I lead him in the right direction. I did work in the office this morning getting a lot accomplished. Credit.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #10  
persist

Default considering

Hello Everyone

I am going to give the tax people a call today as I am confident I can do my own taxes, as in fill out the tax returns, but what I really need are some questions answered. I am also going to ask what kinds of prep would make their task to get our taxes done the best/most efficient. I cannot believe that bags/boxes of faded cash register receipts that they add up is the most efficient use of their expensive time? Anyway I really want a consultation before any work begins-whether they do it or I do it. I'll still get what I can together though. But I really think I can do our taxes once I get the answers to some questions-especially with all the tax software there is on the market these days.

So on the agenda for today, another call to the accountant's office to clarify what I need from them in our meeting tomorrow.

Lexxiss I understand prepping your home for the housesitter. It must be tough leaving your pup as well. It's too bad we aren't going to be in KW at the same time. I had hoped that would have happened I'm assuming it won't now as you mentioned this would be your last KW visit - is that right?

Pattience How did the sewing go? Did the dress get made? Did she just love it??

BillBlueEyes Have you made headway on our list of summer projects?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:23 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Pattience, great job moving forward with your sewing orders!

onebyone, I'll be interested to hear how your accountant appointment goes. One thing I have found acceptance with during my household shift is that there are times when someone else can do something faster than I can, especially if it's a procrastination project and one that isn't my specialty. I found this especially with the projects we've been working on. I'd much rather pay my painter friend to help me out because it produces the end result so much faster and then I can move forward to my next project. It's my "whatever it takes".

I'm moving forward today and will tackle returns to HDepot. I need to locate some receipts. I have some varied edging stuff sitting on the front porch that didn't work out as I had planned. I have cleaned them up and they're ready to go back. After finding receipts, I'll work in the office for awhile. I have a rebate form which gets me $15....it's so small I can't read it. I'm going to try and locate the form online. Then I'll see what other procrastinated stuff I can find. One is to call 2 cable companies and try to negotiate a better monthly rate. I have all the info on tiny pieces of paper. Just "get it done".
Old 06-20-2014, 12:17 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Pattience, I have found that sometimes I come to the point I have to work on my own projects/issues before I can continue on with the needs of others. Be gentle with yourself as this was a bold step to send this lady's money back. Glad you felt you could share it with us here.

I have had a super busy day as I move forward towards our trip. My DH got up in the middle of the night and so I did, too. These are my days off and I could nap later. He wentto the shop so I started out pulling blankets from the dog's bed and all the covers off the couch/chairs that the cat lies all over....got washing and drying going....noticed an issue in the dryer...lint trap didnt fit right..found issue accumulated lint in a lower area....got manuals figured out how to access, cleaned out and completed.
Moved upstairs to office and really tackled procrastinated unfinished business. Went up and down stairs many times sorting/pitching/putting away. Office is done. Made phone calls and handled procrastinated paperwork.
Moved to bedroom...pulled out all small furniture and vacuumed so I could put dog bed back. Washed all furniture and replaced dog bed.
Moved to staircase and started cleaning which motivated DH to help. It's the one job that's supposed to be his. It's now done.
Took 1 garbage bag out (I pitched some old(non thriftable) clothes. Took one box to thrift store. Credit.
So....pet sitter comes Monday. I work on Sunday. Tomorrow I will catch up in the yard.

What is left?
Clean tv room
wash hardwood floors downstairs.
Vacuum laundry room.
Pack.
Work Sunday.

Oh, and I'm going to go tomorrow an meet a perspective tenant.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #13  
persist

Exclamation

Had a message on my phone reminding me of the diabetes association pickup of used clothes and household goods. Oh oh. I tried to call and cancel but no one was there so I will have to get some stuff together in the morning.I think I'll see what's in the drawer beneath the stove and in the kitchen cupboards.

Bye for now.

Last edited by onebyone; 06-22-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:00 AM   #14  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Moved along on the bathroom fan project. The old fan is removed and I've borrowed the cutting tool that I need to expand the size of the ceiling hole. That's a good start.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #15  
persist

I tried to call off the diabetes pick up last night but couldn't reach them so I went ahead and gathered up a box of spare things. A bit more stuff is gone. Credit.

Also the landlord was by to turn the air conditioning on. I had to call him as water was dripping through the bathroom ceiling fan from upstairs and I could hear water running but no one would answer the door. This episode made me clean the bathroom, kitchen and living room today to bring it up to "normal" once again. Credit for taking action.
Closed Thread