Thread: June 2014 MRC
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #41
patzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
I'm doing alright, but I'm not really enjoying transition. That's not to say that I want to or that any of us should give up! Not at all! I just got the menu for the second week, and I don't like any of the starchy veggies that I'm supposed to add. I asked if I could just double up on broccoli, spinach, green beans, or zucchini (those are my favorite veggies anyway), but was told I needed to eat the starchy ones. I don't understand why, considering that after this week I won't eat any of them ever. I may talk with some of the other consultants at the center to see if that would be permissible

Did any of you maintenance MRC'ers struggle with transition? I really feel like I just want to add a bit more of the same foods I'm already eating (of the veggies and protein, not necessarily the starches). Did you skip the starchier vegetables and just eat more of the green menu ones?
I did not struggle in transition , but I had them change many of the items on menus when I could not tolerate them, or did not like them. To this date, I eat in moderation starchy veggies, but I do eat them . For winter squash, I bake it with onions and eggplant and lots of nice herbs.. Only way I can eat it, but I love it that way. But all in all, talk to another consultant and tell her how you feel. Now that I think of it, I do not like carrots, and very rarely eat them , but hubby does, so I bake them with other hard veggies , and eat a few..

Let me know how you make out.

Patzi
patzi is online now   Reply With Quote