Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Thursday 6/19/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

good morning everyone! hoping you all have a great OP day!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #3  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning IP friends! Another beautiful (if not hot) sunny day here in the heartland. I am so happy that I don't have to work this evening...those long days are a challenge on IP (and frankly, are a challenge NOT on IP either). Still haven't quite figured out the "healthy" way to work straight from 3pm-9:30pm without a meal break (I'm a therapist, and can't be chomping on throughout client's sessions). Then I end up having to eat some veggies and protein before bed...I know not good. I have still had losses, but I want to try to retool how I spread out my eaitng.

I split my protein up because my days are REALLY long. I think I need to experiment with having 4 oz of protein and veggies at breakfast....having small lunch (IP snack), and then eating my additional 2 c of veggie/protein before I leave for work (around 2:15pm). It's a challenge because that means I don't get any more "real" food from 3-9pm (while I'm at work) and would only have 1 IP pack left for the final 8 hours of my day.

Any ideas are COMPLETELY welcome. Here is my summer schedule:

Up at 6-7am
Swimming lessons kids 9-11am
Kids eat lunch around noon
Clean house, play with kids, OR clean kids, play with house (lol).
Leave for work 2:30ish
Work 3pm-9pm (with clients, can't eat)
Home 9:30pm - 10pm
Put kids to bed if not there already...clean kitchen....
collapse..

Ideas of how to spread my food out better? Help!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #4  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well I'm back in Onederland and this time by more than .4 lbs lol, this time I weighed in at 198.6 woot woot. Here for good people... can't believe I've lost 5 lbs in 4 days... IP is awesome... now to get to the next goal.. my original plan was 180 so I think that's my next little goal and I'm gonna dream big and hope I'm close by the time I have family pictures the first weekend in August!!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well I'm back in Onederland and this time by more than .4 lbs lol, this time I weighed in at 198.6 woot woot. Here for good people... can't believe I've lost 5 lbs in 4 days... IP is awesome... now to get to the next goal.. my original plan was 180 so I think that's my next little goal and I'm gonna dream big and hope I'm close by the time I have family pictures the first weekend in August!!
Awesome and congratulations! My goal weight keeps going down as well - I had previously set it for 145 but now its somewhere between 120-135. It definitely says good things about this diet that we are willing to stay on it longer than originally planned!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #6  
Start IP 5/8/14

S/C/G: 225/200/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
AWESOME!!!! I had my WI this morning and am OUNCES from Onederland! Can't wait to join you! Hope everyone is doing well & enjoying this day! So grateful for all the ideas and support of this group
Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Evemomma: Is it actually legal where you live to work for so many hours without a break?? Where I live the labour law says:
Meal breaks
An employee must not work more than five hours in a row without a 30-minute meal break.

An employee does not have to be paid for a meal break unless he or she is required to work or be available for work during a meal break.

Employers are not required to provide coffee breaks.

You may have to fake a washroom break and take raw veggies with you and an IP drink to have between clients. Maybe switch up your lunch with your dinner so that you can have your 'real' protein and cook a normal meal at lunch and just do an IP 'quickie' dinner.

Congrats to Amber & murphypuppy & Jenrsl on their wonderful losses!

Liana
Old 06-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!
Had to weigh in a day early this week and lost 4.4. My water/hydration levels were down some, but I have been focusing on water intake so I wonder if it's not related to the major heat we have been having. So I will up my intake some more, I guess! Lol.

Hope Thursday is treating everyone well!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #9  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Hi all,

I messaged the IP rep for my clinic. Those protocol sheets have not officially been released to any employees or clinics. Sounds like they will come out eventually. Maybe we should send them a link to the forum so they can make the sheet clearer!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #10  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Hi all,

I messaged the IP rep for my clinic. Those protocol sheets have not officially been released to any employees or clinics. Sounds like they will come out eventually. Maybe we should send them a link to the forum so they can make the sheet clearer!
I'm glad to hear from someone who asked a coach on this. I'm curious as to when they'll come out, if it's still in a testing phase or what the deal is. It doesn't make sense that IP would directly send these to someone if they haven't sent them to IP coaches.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Well I'm back in Onederland and this time by more than .4 lbs lol, this time I weighed in at 198.6 woot woot.
Way to go Amber that is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hi everyone!
Had to weigh in a day early this week and lost 4.4.
Congratulations GraceRev that is an amazing loss for 1 week

Evemomma - yikes that is a busy schedule. I like Canadjineh suggestion of trying to take short little breaks. I'm a therapist as well and when i work 12-8 i have lunch around 1 but then not really allowed to take another break so I will end a session early, start one late to make sure I eat dinner. No one wants a grumpy therapist and that's what happens if I don't eat!!

Hope everyone is having a great day, the weekend is almost here
Old 06-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

I posted before about getting food aversions OP. The last two days it's getting much worse. Just the RTD chocolate shake made me sick this am. Couldn't keep it down. My coach said to get off the plan for a week! That scares me!
Any advice?
Old 06-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #13  

I'm new to IP today is day 1 on protocol.
I had not even heard of it until about a week ago went to the first informational meeting 2 days ago. Went to get my starter pack yesterday and here I am DAY ONE. ANY HELPFUL HINTS, TIPS I'M ALL EARS.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #14  

AmberLS and GraceRev- way to go!!! SO EXCITING!!!

I had my week 3 weigh in today and am 3 more pounds down for a total of 17.8!!! I was nervous but it worked out okay. I celebrated by having a laser peel and now my face is all shiny for a few days and I can't go out in the sun But, I already look younger!

My goal on Thursday is to hit 20 lbs!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

(Got a couple new items today- Chili and Chocolate Soy Puffs)
Old 06-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #15  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammieh View Post
I'm new to IP today is day 1 on protocol.
I had not even heard of it until about a week ago went to the first informational meeting 2 days ago. Went to get my starter pack yesterday and here I am DAY ONE. ANY HELPFUL HINTS, TIPS I'M ALL EARS.
Follow the instructions exactly! Drink your water, take your supplements, measure your food before cooking, oil requirement is not meant for cooking. Clarify anything you don't understand. It will get worse before it gets better. Don't ever give up. You've got this! Good luck.
Closed Thread