Old 09-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default Whats your eating plan?

I just joined OA a few weeks ago and am wondering what sorts of eating plans people have? Any advice about an eating plan would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
lilymissfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Wow...why hasn't anyone made a reply 2 this post?
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #3  

Default Food addiction is serious!!!! People die from this addiction everyday!!!!!

I lost my weight by not eating foods which contain white flour, sugar and wheat. I lost 120 pounds and have kept it off for about 4 years now. I read a book called" Food Addiction-The body knows" by Kay Sheppard. The book costs around $12 and it told me exactly what foods to eat and which foods to not eat. It's so simple. If I'm not sure if something is OK to eat I check the book. If it's not listed I don't eat it period. I am a food addict in recovery and I take my program seriously. Best of luck to you too!!!
blackcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

blackcat99- thanks for suggesting this book. I thought I had gotten over my food addiction for the last 15 months or so, but lately it's been back with a vengence (gained 15lbs in the last two weeks). I think this book will be really helpful.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5ft 3 in

lily? are you still there? Any food plan you choose will work and you know that. You have to follow the advise from black cat and stay away from the things that trigger you. While one person can eat whole grain bread another cannot eat gluten. You will find the plan that works for you and stick with it!!! That's the secret, even when you stray, come back. It works if you work it!
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

OK see if this makes any sense.
I'm a vegetarian, starting South Beach and eating 3 meals a day with 1 snack at night.
Oh boy sure hope i can pull this off, I'm going to really rely on my Higher Power for this one.
This way of eating makes sense to me and this is the kind of eating plan i want to see myself doing.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #7  
Lose 18lbs in 2.5 mnths!

S/C/G: 158/158/140

Height: 5"10'

I'm not too sure if this will help, but I am on a 1200 calorie a day diet. And it has worked for me as I have gone from 180lbs to 140lbs. And pretty much has kept it off for about 4 years now. I try to stay in the range of:

Breakfast - 250 calories (8am)
Snack - 130 calories (10am)
Lunch - 250 calories (12:30pm)
Snack - 130 calories (3pm)
Supper - 300 calories (6pm)
Snack - 130 calories (8:30pm)

I also try to keep my carbs in the 75 gram range and veggies are free except for the ones high in carbs (carrots and green beans are a wonderful tool to have! I am a bored eater, and carrots, cucumber, celery and green peas are a perfect, mindless snack)... I hope this helps
April in Cancun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #8  

I am now on my 2nd day of Kay Sheppard's and let me tell you you get a lot of food to eat. It basically eliminates, sugar, flour and wheat or of which I need to eliminate.

I just had my breakfast and this is what I had.
1 cup of rice cereal
6oz of blueberries
1 cup of milk
4 oz of turkey sausage(this I made myself)

so you see you get plenty.

I pray this will work as nothing else has I also am exercising everyday but I've been doing that for a long time with other eating plans and it just keeps me the same.

I will let you know how it goes.
hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #9  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

I have the closest thing to an eating plan now since I did Weight Watchers several years ago.

I use myfitpal.com and just plug my food in and make sure I'm under calories.

I try to stay away from sugar and am working on getting more veggies and lean meat in my diet.

So far it seems to be working.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #10  

I've basically cut out all sugar and flour (except for greek yogurt that I have in the morning with fiber one cereal)

For lunch, I usually do a salad with tunafish on it.

And dinner, it's usually chicken with string beans.

I'm not doing any eating in between meals just because it usually sets me up for disaster.
erikamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

I have pretty much the same problem. Lately I discovered that I'm not hungry in the morning so I stopped eating breakfast after reading a book which said that we can burn calories with ketons so basically I usually eat a banana and a pear or an apple, that's like a snack, and then lunch something cooked, vegetable, pasta, chicken and salad, and then some snack which is different every day and for dinner I eat something to fill my daily calorie amount which is 1700 kcal.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/275/175

Height: 5'5"

I just started using the food plan from

www(dot)FoodAddictsAnonymous(dot)org.

It is similar to Kay Sheppard's plan in a lot of ways. Tells you exactly what your meal composition should be, gives a list of allowed foods, even suggests how much time should elapse between meals. Plus, like Sheppard's, you get plenty to eat. There's no book to buy - everything's there on the website.

To get to it, go to the FAA website and click any of the links toward the bottom of the page. When the next screen comes up, you'll see a series of links in a column on the left side of the screen. The "Food Plan" link is at the very bottom of that column.

Bette
BeeJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I'm starting Kay Sheppards plan today.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

WTG, Beejr and Babygrant! It is not an easy plan at first, but soon it will become as natural as breathing!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/250/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm using the 3-0-1 plan. Three meals a day, nothing in between, one day at a time. That is all I can do right now as a newbie. Anything else, right now, feels like a diet to me and I've NEVER been successful on a diet. With the steps, I'm hoping that I will be able to look further into my meals and start choosing healthier options, lower portions. But, for now, this is working for me.
TexasHope is offline   Reply With Quote