Old 06-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Default do you count milk and an apple as carb?

Hi guys,

one woman told me NO apple as its 17 carbs.... and NO milk... its 12 carbs... so all the carbs we will get are STRICTLY from veg I suppose...

comments ?
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #2  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I'm not sure you're in the right forum, IP has pretty strict rules and although what your doing may be a similar type of lower carb higher protein diet its not the same. There is no fruit or dairy allowed in the first phases of IP.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I'm not sure you're in the right forum, IP has pretty strict rules and although what your doing may be a similar type of lower carb higher protein diet its not the same. There is no fruit or dairy allowed in the first phases of IP.
I am just on day two....... and yes you are right...... when I did IP in 2010 I did not take in any dairy or fruit. the apple was on my desk so I had it with my eggs... thinking, well its 0630 am...there is time to burn this sugar and carb off. but wow, when i log it and look at the numbers, I did not think there were 17 carbs in an apple !

sigh
Old 06-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #4  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
I am just on day two....... and yes you are right...... when I did IP in 2010 I did not take in any dairy or fruit. the apple was on my desk so I had it with my eggs... thinking, well its 0630 am...there is time to burn this sugar and carb off. but wow, when i log it and look at the numbers, I did not think there were 17 carbs in an apple !

sigh
Ya fruit is really high in carbs... I wish I had the link to the info about how eating something doesn't mean your body will burn it off or use those calories and carbs. The idea is to get your body into the mechanism of ketosis which causes your body to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. In order to do this the daily amount of carbs have to be restricted.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Ya fruit is really high in carbs... I wish I had the link to the info about how eating something doesn't mean your body will burn it off or use those calories and carbs. The idea is to get your body into the mechanism of ketosis which causes your body to burn fat instead of carbs for energy. In order to do this the daily amount of carbs have to be restricted.
yes yes thats true.......... thanks for the reminder. I found a note my friend sent me 4 yrs ago that introduced me to IP. I never did have a coach. Here it is, its interesting:
Keep this in mind all the time. and I mean all the time

Learn to live off of the body's own fat reserves. The body employs energy from three reserves: glycogen (carbohydrate), protein and fats. First from it’s simple and complex carbohydrate reserves and when depleted, turns simultaneously to its protein and fat reserves for energy. A person not in need of weight loss typically has approximately 1-2% of their body's reserves from carbs, approximately 19% from their muscle mass and 79% of their body reserves from fat.

Simple and complex carbohydrates can prevent weight loss. The body stores approximately three days worth of carbohydrates. Because of this, the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method has a beginning and an end. Until 100% of the weight loss goal is achieved, we restrict sugars (simple and complex). Why? Because, as long as sugar is being consumed, the body is not burning fat. It's as simple as that. Remember, the first source of energy is derived from glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves. The main principle is to deplete the glycogen (carbohydrate) reserves completely in order to compel the body to turn to its fat reserve to burn calories.
How do we get the body to burn its fat reserves and not its muscle mass reserves, if both are depleted simultaneously? First, by providing the body with foods that have a high protein value, complete with 8 essential amino acids, 97% absorbable, which make them biologically-complete proteins.
Secondly, by supplementing with nutrient-rich supplements such as Natura Multi-Vita, Natura Calcium & Magnesium and Natura Potassium, key ingredients in muscle building and electrolytes to replace those normally found in foods restricted on the Ideal Protein protocol.
A dieter will feel energized, look vibrant and feel strong. It is no wonder. Given the opportunity for the body’s natural ability to heal itself and showcase its innate and ingenious powers, such as in the way during the protocol the body will return the favor with unparalleled force, radiance and beauty.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Probably the BEST advice you can follow is to "EAT THE SHEET!" Follow the Phase One sheet and eat ONLY what is allowed if you want to follow IP and get IP results.

Fruit and dairy are not on the sheet.

Some people follow the Alternative IP Protocol which is IP with one fruit, one dairy and one grain choice each day. It is more for Type I diabetics and sometimes athletes use it for vigorous workouts. It does NOT put you into ketosis AND it is a slower way of losing. (NOTE - this is NOT the same as following the traditional IP sheet using alternative products, which many do with great success!)

Last edited by JLUS; 06-19-2014 at 05:44 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #7  

If you need a link to the phase 1 sheet, go to the first post of the Daily chat. You'll see LOTS of links!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #8  

thanks everyone