Old 06-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #1  

Default Looking for vegan buddy!!

Hello my name is Jessie. I am almost 400 pounds and have high blood pressure. I have been trying yoyo diets for years I would lose weight then gain it plus more. I have been watching vegan movies online for a few days now. I search online about becoming vegan and find a ton of people saying yes and a ton saying bad idea. I think in my heart it is for me but I was wanting to see if anyone would help me in the transition. I need a free coach I can run daily meals by to make sure everything is ok. If someone (vegan) would be interested in helping me please pm me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi canadacatman, you could post your menus online? I can certainly look but I can't guarantee that I'd be able to look at comment daily. Other vegans may be able to comment as well.

I think overall my advice would be to be kind with yourself as it is a change and a learning process.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Hello - I'm not vegan or a vegetarian, so I'm probably not going to help much, but I saw this 21 day vegan kickstart with really easy ways to start menu planning.

I think when we start a new diet, the hardest thing is wandering around saying, "I can't eat that," so it's always a good idea to prepare by deciding what we WILL eat.

If it were me, I'd probably make a few batches of soup (some kind of lentil soup is a great one - curry lentil is my favorite), and freeze it in portions so you have at least something to eat when you need a quick meal. I also keep homemade veggie burgers, burritos, dal, habichuelas guisadas, and "meat" balls on hand.

Think simple: cheese-less pita or tortilla pizza, pasta, stir fry, veggie wraps and stuffed vegetables are quick and easy meals, and you can make them all in a variety of ways!

Good luck
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

There is just a wealth of online vegan meals/recipes. Spend just a little time googling and you can come up with a simple, easy meal plan in a snap. There doesn't have to be anything hard or difficult about the meals!

Plus, there a TONS of vegan convenience foods now. A great variety of canned soups and chilis, frozen meals, and burritos.

You can get fancy and complicated as you go.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-18-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote