Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 6/16/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #2  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default the voice inside my head

No ketosis has not made me hear voices. Haha. I am talking about the self doubt I woke up with today. I have completed 2 full weeks of IP 100%. Shocked and dismayed that I stayed faithful as I work in the food and wine industry and have had many-a-temping situation over the last few weeks. I feel very proud.

I have seen results. I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks (hope I can get one of those ticker things soon). However, those 11 lbs has monetarily cost me $ 476, that is about $ 43/lb. Going in to WI with my IP coach tonight and pick up food for the week. I don't know if I can keep up the cost of this diet. I have 3 kids at home and still have a high grocery bill besides IP. I am feeling selfish throwing so much money at this. I am seeing results but is this worth it? I have such a hard time doing things for myself.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi LaLa... You have done so wonderful on the program!! There are lot's of people who do this plan using alternative products and are very successful. There is a thread to tell you which products will replace IP products,(sorry I don't know to put the link in my post). Please try the alternatives before you decide to not do the plan. Come here and ask questions of the ones that have been successful on this journey. They are awesome and someone will always have an answer for you!! Good Luck and hang in there!!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/174.2/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
No ketosis has not made me hear voices. Haha. I am talking about the self doubt I woke up with today. I have completed 2 full weeks of IP 100%. Shocked and dismayed that I stayed faithful as I work in the food and wine industry and have had many-a-temping situation over the last few weeks. I feel very proud.

I have seen results. I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks (hope I can get one of those ticker things soon). However, those 11 lbs has monetarily cost me $ 476, that is about $ 43/lb. Going in to WI with my IP coach tonight and pick up food for the week. I don't know if I can keep up the cost of this diet. I have 3 kids at home and still have a high grocery bill besides IP. I am feeling selfish throwing so much money at this. I am seeing results but is this worth it? I have such a hard time doing things for myself.
Have you considered alternatives? I'm new to IP and using alternatives only, due to costs. I was intrigued by IP after seeing the success a friend had, but I couldn't afford it. Did some research and found this lovely forum that gives you all the tools you need to do IP using alternatives! I'm very new (only 6 days in/first weight in tomorrow), but many people have had success using all alternatives. Check out the thread and give it some thought...
Old 06-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #5  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Lala, Although you have already spent a lot of money signing up for IP consider using alternatives. I am doing alternatives like many others with great success. Read all you can here it is do able.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Eek! I guess all IP programs are not monetarily equal...my start-up was not nearly that expensive. So, not all IP clinics will do this, but my coach is OK with me weighing in every other week and only buying what I want. So, I am now part alternative products and part IP products. I like being able to stay accountable to my coach and really do like the IP BBQ chips (croustilles) so it is a good compromise for me.

YOu are doing great so far!

Last edited by evemomma; 06-16-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #7  
restart 5/27/14

Are there any discount codes that any one knows of for Nashua right now?
Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #8  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I have been in grill-heaven since getting our new grill for my hubby for Father's Day (we actually started grilling on Saturday). I made grilled portabella mushroom "burgers", sliders (with grass-fed, locally butchered beef...mmmmmm), grilled zucchini, squash and asparagus. Mmmmmmmm again!

My big NSV was going to my favorite Mexican restaurant for Father's Day. I LOVE chips and salsa, spanish rice, AND Margaritas. But I came prepared with mio for my water, BBQ IP chips while the other's ate real chips (that helped a lot) and split chicken and veggie kabobs with my son. Only off-plan thing was a small amount of grated mexican cheese (ugh, another love of mine) on the kabobs. I knocked most off and enjoyed what little remained as it tasted delish!

I had a blast practicing baseball with my son (we're learning together...I got hit in the head, knee, and stomach) and family at a local baseball diamond yesterday. So fun to be active and feel energized instead of sweat-soaked and sick!

Take care all!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #9  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Are there any discount codes that any one knows of for Nashua right now?

From Nashua:
Save 10% On Our Top 10 Selling Products This Week!

Enter Discount Code TOP10 At Checkout To Receive Discount.
HealthSmart Caramel Crunch Bar | HealthSmart Caramel Nut Bar
ProtiDiet White Cheddar Crisps
Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafer | Proti-Thin Mocha Wafer
Proti-Thin Vanilla Wafer | Proti-Thin Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
Proti-Thin Chocolate Anytime Drink
Proti-Thin Vanilla Anytime Drinks | ProtiDiet Chocolate Dream Bar
Old 06-16-2014, 01:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Morning gals, just checking in. Good news, my maintenance plan is working still, like a charm. Even though I had a few days of higher carbs (up to 200 almost on several days in a row) and being away & not logging for 5 days in addition - I have not gained ANY weight (actually lost .2 of a lb, lol). I have been consciously choosing separation of fats & carbs even though my carbs have been higher and I can say that is definitely the main trick.
Wow, am I stoked!!!

Liana
Old 06-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #11  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

Wonderful job everyone! Sounds like the weekend was a success for most people! YEAH! I am loving my first week on Phase 2! I feel so much more fuller and satisfied with lunch and dinner being so much more! YUM! Can't wait to see what my weigh in is like this Friday!!! I have gotten so many compliments and many people have shown interest in the program! I have a few people that have already started and they are doing so good! I just love how easy this program is!!! Happy Monday!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #12  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
From Nashua:
Save 10% On Our Top 10 Selling Products This Week!

Enter Discount Code TOP10 At Checkout To Receive Discount.
HealthSmart Caramel Crunch Bar | HealthSmart Caramel Nut Bar
ProtiDiet White Cheddar Crisps
Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafer | Proti-Thin Mocha Wafer
Proti-Thin Vanilla Wafer | Proti-Thin Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
Proti-Thin Chocolate Anytime Drink
Proti-Thin Vanilla Anytime Drinks | ProtiDiet Chocolate Dream Bar
Thank you. I'm running low on my snack and know it took awg=hile last time for my order to come.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #13  
IP start date May 6, 2014

Height: 5 ft 7

Venting right now WI...lost..... point 7 of a pound. I am so disappointed!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Morning gals, just checking in. Good news, my maintenance plan is working still, like a charm. Even though I had a few days of higher carbs (up to 200 almost on several days in a row) and being away & not logging for 5 days in addition - I have not gained ANY weight (actually lost .2 of a lb, lol). I have been consciously choosing separation of fats & carbs even though my carbs have been higher and I can say that is definitely the main trick.
Wow, am I stoked!!!

Liana
Wow Liana, that is so encouraging! Great job, and really inspires me to work toward maintenance!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #15  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Good morning ladies, back on plan today. I'm so glad that I don't really struggle with the getting back into it part. Should be back in wonderland permanently by the end of the first week, but for sure by next. Only a couple pounds away lol, it's just as exciting this time as it was getting there last time. I'm feeling pretty wiped out from the excitement of vacation so I plan to just relax a lot this week. Best part of being a teacher is summer lol
Closed Thread