View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #98
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

How is everyone doing with mindful eating? As far as techniques go, mindful eating is my favorite technique that I've learned in IE. To tell the truth I was always a slow eater, my family used to make fun of me at the dinner table because they'd all be done and I'd still be chugging along. But over time I think I lost the ability to focus on what I was eating, the binging took over. So now whenever I'm not sure of whether or not I'm still hungry I just slow down, take a little break and reassess and it helps to clear right up.

I dislike very much to be around dieters now, I've spoken of my friend who has been on a diet for about as long as I have been doing IE and has lost a lot of weight. I saw her this weekend and on she was going about her trainer and her regime and the diet blah blah blah. Now she keeps track of how much water she drinks. Her food is carefully measured out but she still eats faster than anyone I've ever seen and generally seems dissatisfied when she's done. To tell the truth, I'd be disatisfied too if I was done eating and watching everyone else still eat.

What do you think about fast eating? Are you/were you a fast eater?

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote