View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #93
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
Jensassy, I have a Fitbit too and love it. Next month will make 2 years that I've been wearing it.

I wouldn't get rid of it. There's nothing wrong with trying to improve our fitness, and if we have fun with our Fitbits, good for us.

I feel undressed if I don't wear mine every day, and if I don't put it on first thing when I get up, I think of all the steps I'm "wasting".

I don't see anything diet-y about wearing a Fitbit. I'm just a numbers geek who loves to have that kind of data for myself.
I feel naked without my fitbit too. I agree that as long as it's enjoyable and helpful there is no reason to get rid of it. It's just like the scale. If someone weighs themselves often and doesn't have adverse effects from it then there is no reason not to continue weighing. If I start to panic though, like I'm scared I didn't reach my step quota or I gained a pound eventhough I ate hardly anything yesterday that's absolutely no fun.

I love my fitbit and it is fun to wear. There are days though that I purposefully do not wear it anymore. Like last week, I had strep throat. I wanted to focus on rest and the thought of the fitbit made me feel like I had to move around. So I kept it off. I actually haven't put it back on since I've started to feel better. I want to exercise to feel good, and sometimes the accountability makes me feel like I don't want to exercise.

I'm learning more and more that accountability and restrictions bring out a side of me that I don't like.

Fat isn't a feeling

"Food is not the enemy. Hunger is a sign of life and vitality." - Caroline Haagen from The F- it Diet
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote