Old 06-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Red Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 7 (06/09-06/15)

Hi all peeps ... well ... okee .. so we may be a shrinking bunch .. but hey its a weight loss journey so shrinking is the idea .. just would be nicer to have the weight go not the people lol .. still .. we are still a team and Im sure we will push push push for the next few weeks to reach the end of this round.

Hopefully our results will be posted soon .. in the meantime I will start making some notes in case a hiccup has happened so I can update asap

Hugs all and good on for you weighing in last week .. regardless of what the scales tell you .. its a roller coaster of a ride and Im sure we will experience the ups and downs ourselves on it .. so we support the rest of us through the good and bad
Old 06-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Red Team Results:

Total Lost: +0.4 lbs (+0.02%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: Kris2008 (-2.8 lbs, -1.82%)

Honourable Mentions:

Novus (-1 lbs, -0.59%)
Nightkatt (-1.3 lbs, -0.54%)

Last edited by Rated; 06-09-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #3  
Trying again

Thanks Rated ... hummm .. trying to think of a positive about our results lol .. well .. it could have been worse

Well done to our BL this week Kris .. and Novus for mention too Okee ... so our team has dwindled and we had a so-so week last week for a few of us .. never mind .. this is a new week and new focus Im sure

Got the trainer today ... have been dithering last night and so far this morning about cancelling it .. but Im not going to .. that would be too easy and as much as I would just like to stay home and curl up on this miserable weather day .. I said to myself I would not miss a single session with the trainer this time round as I only had a few sessions paid for and Im not wasting any of them this time ... still prefer to stay home on my day off though lol ..
Old 06-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkatt View Post
... hummm .. trying to think of a positive about our results lol ..
The positive is that there a still a few of us who are determined to see this thing through to the end!

My sleep and food today has been weird. I woke up at 2am, after sleeping 6 hours, and was ravenous so I ate a piece of pizza that I brought home from a party last night. Not the best choice! I dithered around for a bit and then went back to bed...for another 6 hours!

Then I ate some meal that was sorta lunch, I guess, and then went for a run. After that I was starving and really wanted carby stuffs. So, my totals for the day are high carb, low protein....not a good combo for me. Ah, well, hopefully the scale doesn't hate me in the morning!

On the plus side, the run was fantastic! I'm getting really excited about building up my endurance so I can start a 10K training program in July. I LOVE running.

Hope everyone else had a better start to the week. Let's make this the best week ever! Let's go at this thing with lots of ENTHUSIASM! Yay Team Red!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

Oh, and a big to Kris2008! You totally rocked it, girl!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #6  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Well done Kris, Novus and Kat!
I promise I won't eff it up again this week.
Kat I hope the training is going well, I'm sure you will be glad you did it in the end.
Novus I'm glad you enjoyed your run (and your pizza lol)
Old 06-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #7  
Trying again

Love best laid plans .... was feeling great until about midday and then a migraine hit Hate it when they come on. Soooo missed my trainer .. BUT I did manage to get on the tread mill for 30 min today at least so managed to get some work in

After waking from my migraine I realised I needed to get busy baking or I wouldn't have anything to take to work tomorrow for my customers .. so I got up and made Choc cupcakes ... then tried to play with my Cheesecake Cupcake recipe (turning it gluten free and low sugar) .. but it didn't quite work right .. so will freeze those ones for a dessert dish some time ... and quickly made some Choc Marshmallow ones instead ... so just have to make the frosting and pack them then they will be ready to give away tomorrow ....

NOVUS - You are right .. that IS a positive for sure And don't be too hard on yourself for the carb fest .. I have been doing that all weekend!!! Fortunately Im back on track tonight with my usual chicken and veges for dinner

MISS - Im sure you will do fine this week .. I had a bad week at the start of this challenge so if I can turn it around then anyone can lol ..

added ... hunny had shower and I made the frosting .. nothing went right with it when I tried to use the piping bag .. definitely not my forte .. so just slathered it on instead lol .. tastes the same .. besides .. I do say they are sample ones for tasting not for design lol.

Last edited by Nightkatt; 06-10-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: updated
Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #8  
Unstoppable Force

Nightkatt - Ugh, migraines suck. A lot. Hope you're feeling better!

Randomly, I'm feeling boney this week. Yesterday evening I had an itch on my torso and when I scratched I realized my ribs feel more obvious or noticeable or something. It was a pretty weird moment. I also recently realized that I no longer have to hunch my shoulders forward to get a glimpse of my collarbone. It's just like....there (although it's still barely noticeable).

Also, I recently discovered a yummy food. I really hate the idea of Jello....I mean, it's just chemicals and not really food at all. I decided to try this recipe anyway. You just take a box of sugar-free gelatin and dissolve it in 1 cup of boiling water than stir in 1 cup of Greek yogurt and chill it until it's set. Pretty tasty and the nutrient numbers are crazy - 40 calories, 2 grams carbs, 7 grams protein.

Hope everyone is having a great week! ENTHUSIASM and DEDICATION! Go Team Red!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #9  
Trying again

NOVUS - That sounds like a really nice dessert .. at least I will like it .. hunny isn't a fan of jelly lol .. or yoghurt either actually .. but for me it sounds perfect .. will give it a go when I get to the grocery shopping and grab what Im needing

Late start for work today which is nice ... while I love a long day at work (weird I know lol) I am starting to enjoy the more cruisey starts to my day .. even though I still get up in the morning to have breakfast with my hunny before he goes to work
Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #10  
Unstoppable Force

My uncle and aunt are visiting from out of town. I haven't seen them in about a year. When I walked in my parent's house (where they are staying) my uncle said, "I didn't even know who you were at first...you've gotten so thin."

Yep, I love stuff like that.

Nothing much else today except I was hungry like a crazy beast. Probably because yesterday I did a lot of exercise and really didn't eat much. My body was basically just shouting, "Excuse me? Could we have some food, please!"

Oh, and I stopped at Goodwill and found a pair of shoes for my niece's wedding in a couple weeks. They're blue strappy high-heeled sandals that look great with the dress I'm wearing - it's an abstract floral print with brown and yellow and shades of blue/turquoise. White shoes looked terrible and brown seemed too dark so I was super stoked to find blue shoes.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Novus - Yea for the blue shoes! Sounds snazzy!

After my woosh last week, I'm just trying not to gain this week. That old pendulum is swinging. I need to go check out the nutrition thread to get inspired.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:22 AM   #12  
Trying again

I was too busy to weigh in this morning .. so I had time for breakfast .. but will jump on tomorrow

Managed to get to the gym after a small detour .. and did a solid work out .. walked for 1 hour on the treadmill (5.3km) .. and then a circuit of the weight machines .. before I had a quick sauna to unwind .. hot shower to clean up then off to work for the rest of the day... FELT FANTASTIC .. although I have got 2 lovely blisters on the bottom of my feet lol .. but its all good

NOVUS - so kewl about the shoes .. I know I get excited to find something for my paddles (aka big feet).... thats why I wore gumboots for my wedding lol. And I love the acknowledgement of the loss you have already achieved .. it truly is an incredible feeling for sure

KRIS - Im sure the pendulum will swing in your favour .. just keep at it and do your best as often as you can and you will do just fab
Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #13  

Nightkatt - Way to work out! You inspire me to do more. I walked probably 1.5 miles today doing errands at work. I did 20 minutes on elliptical this evening. I will get on the treadmill and walk while watching tv.

Novus - Nice when someone notices your hard work. I envy you running. When I see someone effortlessly running, light on their feet and swinging their ponytail, I think that could be me. I think I would like that! But then I try to run and feel so heavy and it's really hard work. I have the ponytail but not the spring in my step. I guess it gets easier? Maybe some people just shouldn't run.

Hi MissSMcC!

Off to the treadmill! We have a weigh-in coming up!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #14  

Okay - we still have 8 of us left:

MissSMcC
Nightkatt
Novus
Dangerous Curves
Dahlia
Lori Ann
Nlauah
Kris

7 more weigh-ins! Could be 7 more pounds gone at the end of this! I'd love to see 144 on that scale and on my ticker on July 27! I would only have 9 pounds to go!

Rev your engines - it's weigh-in day in 2 days!

Last edited by kris2008; 06-13-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #15  

Novus - I just read your running article. Are you just starting out?! I think I will try it but I'll have to work up to 2 minutes/2 minutes X 7. I think I can run for 2 minutes but I think my recovery will be a bit longer. And I don't think I should do X 7 right at the beginning - I will be too sore to do it again in 2 days. I'm going to try to run 3 times at first then increase. I'm lucky at my old age I don't have any injuries except a sore hip when I neglect my yoga. Maybe I can do this! I do remember that the pounds fly off when you run!

It's dark now so off to the treadmill!

Last edited by kris2008; 06-13-2014 at 09:36 PM.