Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-11-2014, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Bra size - so depressed

I was a 34B as a teenager, and a 36C in my 20s and 30s...had kids later in life - and in my 40s - my boobs just got so big - like the rest of me. Went from 130 pounds to pregnancy weight of 175ish - Then gained weight after the kids were born - they are 9 and 11 now. I just kept gaining weight. Highest number on the scale I ever saw was 237. I tried on bras and tried to experiment - 40DD seemed to fit right. I even went to Macys and had a "bra expert" measure me - she was a very sweet senior - and seemed to know her stuff.
So meanwhile - I finally started to lose the weight - after carrying it around with me for 10 years - I have lost 41 pounds - I am in "onederland" again for the first time in a decade - great.
I have lost inches. Great. Lost almost 10 in my stomach. Great. My bra size - band width is now a 38 instead of 40. Great. But - I went to a bra speciality store to get properly measured - and I am an H cup. An H!
She said since I was losing weight - that I could get by on the G cup - I do have one boob that is seriously bigger than the other - but she said most people go down in bra size every 20 pounds. I am so depressed over this - even though it's just a "number" -
I have long thought about breast reduction - but I hate the idea of "going under" - then when I read stories and hear about the drain and the pain - I don't know if I could stand it. I know I still have at least 55 pounds to go - to reach 145 - My dream would be 135 - but I will be happy with anything in the 140s.
I wonder what the heck the chances are - as I continue to lose weight - IF I continue to lose weight - if I will drop in cup size as well.
I hate my boobs! They are so heavy - and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find tops that fit me correctly because the boobs pull the shirts UP - so my stomach falls OUT - some of my shirts are too big on me now - but still having a problem shopping. Like for a one piece bathing suit - try finding one that fits a 38H - that has a 14/16 for the bottom of it! Anything online for a 38H chest has a much larger size than I am - like 22 or 24 and even higher sizes. I can wear 14s and 16s now - but my boobs - ugh - what a curse. My mom does not have big boobs - neither did any of my grandmothers or great-grandmothers - nobody knows where they came from. Sorry to vent - really depressed about them - I know I should focus on the 41 pounds - and keep my eye on my goal - and hope for the best - that they MIGHT go down in cup size. Sigh. Sorry! Thank you! I rarely post - but I should more often - I had looked forward to posting in the "GOAL" and MINIGOAL board - and once I hit onederland - I didn't even bother because I'm still so depressed over the size of these girls! Happy day everyone!
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #2  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

About the swimsuits - separates instead of a one-piece. Buy a tankini that comes in bra sizes (and has lots of support and underwire) and a comfortable bottom in the appropriate size. (Check out herroom.com or Linda's. They have some great stuff.)

About the girls - breast tissue is almost entirely fat so as you lose fat there is hope that the boobs will shrink. Just keep losing weight, be patient, and wait and see what happens. I know that's not as easy as it sounds. I hate my monster boobage as well.

Last edited by Novus; 06-11-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #3  
Refreshed

I understand. I would try not to stress about where you will be until you get there.

I don't want to be negative, but if I'm honest, even when I was 125 pounds, I was busty. It is just part of my body and will be until I have a reduction. Getting properly sized is always a shock. Don't let it consume you.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I just went through the same thing. The lady who measured me said that the smaller your band size is, the bigger your cup size becomes. So, I used to wear a 40C, and now that ive lost weight I'm a 38DDD. Huge difference! Don't worry about your cup size, keeping track of your measurements is the best way to see your progress. We all know womens sizes are always screwed up and make us feel bad, don't let that get you down about the famtastic progress you have made!
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

Go to the doctor and start the documentation process for breast reduction. Do you have back and neck pain? Have him chart it. Skin rashes under your breast? Have him document that.

I had a breast reduction over a year ago. It was covered by insurance. I went from a 38 or 40 DDD to a 36C. I am very pleased with it. It was not vey painful, and I had no drain. I do have one portion of scar that is thick and keloid, but other than that, I'm happy.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 92/88/60 (Kgs that is)

Height: 1.65

Hi Chickadee. I share your frustrations about shirts and finding clothes to fit

Whenever I complain to my friends they look horrified that I would want smaller boobs

Try not to focus on bra size or dress size. Shop sizing varies massively so just try to find clothes that fit you well. I've long given up on wearing shirts (unless they are very loose fitting) and look for clothes that will flatter my shape. V necks, wraps and fabrics with some stretch are all good. It can be tempting to try on and buy things that you like the look of, but if it doesn't do anything for your shape you have to forget about it and move on.

Since I've adopted this approach, I've feel like some dresses look better on me than they do on the model or mannequin!
Nanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claygirl1518 View Post
The lady who measured me said that the smaller your band size is, the bigger your cup size becomes.
Correct. Cup size is measured as the number of inches larger than band size. For example, D is 4 inches larger than band size. So, with a 34 inch band, a D cup is 38 inches, whereas with a 40 inch band, a D cup would be 44 inches.

For the OP, if you understand how bras are sized, you will see that your new H bra is not really different from your DD. DD is 5 inches larger than band size, so 40 + 5 = 45. H is 8 inches larger than band size so 38 + 8 = 46.

Also, if for the first fitting you were in a store that only sells up to a DD, which is true for many department stores, they would have called DD close enough and found a style that would give enough coverage to make it work in order to make their sale. You may in fact have been larger at your higher weight but wearing the wrong bra size.

Last edited by Novus; 06-12-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:35 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Surely it is certain your boobs will shrink as you lose weight. Consider a breast reduction for a reward when you get to your ideal weight on the basis of now you know you really hate them when they are at their best rather than tackle the issue before you even know how manageable they are at a lower weight.

If you were slim when you were 36C i would expect to go back to that size when you get back to the same weight.

Do you are have any other reason for being depressed. I mean is depression an issue for you anyway or is it just the big boobs that are making you feel a miserable. If you really are depressed, then get help for that. When we are not depressed, we can cope much better with all sorts of other difficulties.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Each one of you has given great advice! Thank you so much!!! Great tips all around, very much appreciate your time!

Last edited by chickadee2; 06-12-2014 at 07:04 AM.
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #10  
Black Barbie

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Oooooooh do I know about the big boob situation. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I wear a size 12 but my bra size is 36G. I can't wear practically any dresses that have the boob cups in them already. Trying to get a good fit in the chest area is my biggest challenge. I'm also hoping that in the 140's, I won't have such a challenge. Let's both cross our fingers
Olivia7906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I am a 34H (and happy to wear an H because it is actually the right size!) and I have a breast reduction scheduled for September. There is a website called realself.com that has tons of reviews and pictures of the surgery (and other surgeries) with people leaving reviews of their recovery and progress. I have found it very helpful.

Your breasts won't necessarily get smaller as you lose weight. Hormone changes over the years can make them larger and stay that way. But in general surgeons like you to be at a stable weight before they operate so you don't lose volume after the surgery.

There is nothing to be lost by beginning to research surgeons, looking up your insurance coverage for the procedure and having a consultation.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I feel your pain, I wear a 38H and it's so difficult to try to fit these into anything. It doesn't help that I'm pear shaped and my shoulders are incredibly petite which emphasizes my bust even more. Buying clothes? Nearly impossible.

I know it sounds weird but it makes me feel the opposite of feminine! I've spoken about breast reduction before and my husband just looks at me like I have 3 heads. But seriously it's hard to feel sexy with large breasts. Plus all the unwanted attention is annoying.

Thanks seagirl for suggesting that site, it's helpful to see real pictures of before and after surgery. I'm thinking that one day I'll go in for a reduce and lift. Good luck on your surgery!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia7906 View Post
Oooooooh do I know about the big boob situation. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I wear a size 12 but my bra size is 36G. I can't wear practically any dresses that have the boob cups in them already. Trying to get a good fit in the chest area is my biggest challenge. I'm also hoping that in the 140's, I won't have such a challenge. Let's both cross our fingers
Yep! I wear a size 2/4 and a 32DDD. Target replaced my favorite cami for years with ones with shelf bras in them

Not to mention the $75 bras I buy from Norstrom
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
Yep! I wear a size 2/4 and a 32DDD. Target replaced my favorite cami for years with ones with shelf bras in them

Not to mention the $75 bras I buy from Norstrom
My mother always tells me I'm spending too much money on bras. Easy to say for B-C cup. If I buy a cheap bra it falls apart in month, completely loses its shape! I have to shell out for quality bras.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #15  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Add me to the big boobs gals.

I wore at top weight a 40G/H.

At 165 a 34F.

Yes, my boobs got a LITTLE smaller, but not much. But, you can get clothes that fit you and swimsuits that fit you. Just not at the mall.

Look online for swimsuits with your cup size - you will be amazed at what is out there.

And I feel you on the tops and bottoms starting to be a problem. When I got to my lowest weight, I had to wear a larger dress size for the boobs and they were too big in the hips.

But, don't jump on the boob job wagon until you've reached your goal weight and maintained it a bit. That way you can get them reduced and perked up if you want. Not work it to me, but it is for many.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote