Old 06-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 7 (06/09-06/15)

Hi everyone sorry been MIA for a couple days. I've been pretty busy with work then been having some time with mom as she goes in for surgery tomorrow. She's getting a total hip replacement which alone wouldn't be so bad. However she is still recovering from a spinal fusion only 6 months ago. That one didn't go so great but hoping some of the pain she still has is all coming from hip and will be better after tomorrow's surgery.

With this going on I may not be on as much this week but hope to pop in and she how your all doing. And I hope to keep my eating in check as well.

Have a great day tomorrow all

I have to be up by 5 to get to the hospital by 7...ugh mornings.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the losses last week, guys!

Good luck to your mom with her surgery, Bigmid. I remember when my grandmother had her hip replacement - it did absolute miracles for her pain. I hope it does the same for your mother.

I've got a pretty good week planned. My husband is working afternoons, so we can go to the gym every morning. I'm excited.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I hope everything goes well, Bigmid.

Congrats to the losers.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Prayers for your grandmother, Bigmid! I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Congrats to the biggest losers! Best wishes to everyone this week.

I am leaving for vacation on Thursday and wondered if I can weigh in early (for the15th) as i'm not sure if I'll be around scales in the middle of no where. I also don't want to miss the weigh in on my own scales LOL.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Is it just me or is this week feeling really long? Everything's going well here. Exercise has been right on track. I did give in to my son's pleas to 'make a recipe mama!' yesterday, so we've got blondies in the house, but I calculated out the calories and have been tracking them, so I'm pretty pleased with myself for keeping that under control. How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hope everything went well with her surgery, Bigmid!
This weeks been ok but have been retaining so much water! I'm constantly up in water weight. Still working really hard and trying to eat as healthy as possible.
Late time snacks have been getting me though. At least they're healthier than something else I could pick though.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 PM   #7  

Hi gals! Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking of you Bigmid! Hope your mother's surgery went well.

I will be leaving tomorrow for vacation. I hope to be able to check in on Sunday, but just in case, I will weigh in and post tomorrow. I haven't yet managed to lose weight this week, but I am on track with my eating/calorie intake. I've not been able to exercise due to the overtime i've put in at work and I think this is why I've stalled. Well at least i'm an expert at maintaining!

In case I don't have the opportunity to post the next couple of weeks, I just want to say that you all seem like very determined women and I know that you will reach your goals! Remember to 1) keep motivated, 2) stay on track and 3) don't be hard on yourself if you don't meet your weekly expectation. Look at the overall picture in what you've accomplished and be excited for what is yet to come.

Will post when I have an opportunity in the next couple of weeks. Take care!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #8  

Morning everyone,

Thank you BigChiefHoho, Robot, seaurchin, and abetterme, moms surgery went well they are now just dealing with some blood issues so she doesn't clot. She will be released at some point today. In a way more work for me but the hospital is about a 40min drive so that part will be better.

I think I have been good eating wise this week. A few things extra at night but nothing crazy and day eating is low so I should be okay. I haven't had time to get to the gym this week though so hope that doesn't effect my WI.

BigChiefHoho - good job on staying with in your calorie ranfpge even with the baked goodies. I couldn't do it

seaurchin - have an awesome vacation hope you have a wonderful time.

abetterme - ya the night time snacks are the downfall I need to avoid them too. Been good but this week not so much. Not hungry just habit. Maybe on some stuff get a half the salt version if available.

Well better run. Have a great day.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #9  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Bigmid - Good to hear the surgery went well.

Seaurchin - Hope you have a fun vacation!

Nice to see we're doing well for the most part. I've been doing great most of the week except for last night. I woke up with a french fry hangover. I can never eat just one and should be avoiding them. When will I learn? I can still feel the greasyness inside me. Ugh.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #10  

In Calorado Springs today. Visited Pikes Peak and the car drive up just terrified me. Howevever, the crisp air snd views where amazing! Hoping to hike my own 14er before flying back to Florida. Was able to schedule in a concert at Red Rocks last night. Gosh, the acoustics where fantastic! Tomorrow we are visiting the Garden of the Gods and possibly driving to Sand Dunes National Park. I'm not sure if I want to see more sand as I get enough of it in Florida, but im hoping for the Sahara experience. The only thing I'll be missing are the camels.