Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #1  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

S/C/G: 250/240/170

Height: 5'11"

Default Back and starting over...

Hey everyone!

I frequented these boards for a few months last year while on IP and it really helped me focus and commit to my goals. Today was Day 1 of getting back on IP, so I'm back and ready to get back in the swing of it.

I was only on IP for two months, but I did really well on it. I had lost over 20 pounds, I had a ton of energy, I was going to the gym 4 times a week...

But then I blew it. It's been almost a year exactly since I went off IP, and I gained all the weight back and then some.

But I'm ready to jump back in and recommit 100%. I'm ready to say no and not break down and get MY BICEPS BACK!
Snuggleburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #2  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back! These forums are such a great source of support. Are you using a clinic/coach, or doing it on your own?
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome back and congrats on re-committing to getting the weight off!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #4  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm using alternative products, like I did last year. I still have a ton of Lindora vegetarian chili packets... My favorite.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Welcome back!! Good luck to you with your new beginning!! May the force be with you;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #6  

Hi Snuggleburst!
I have recently restarted as well. The support and feeling that others really know what you are going through helps. It also really has helped me to stop beating myself up and stop telling myself that I can't be successful again! I don't know where I got stuck on the idea that once you gain the weight again that it won't come off anymore or that it takes way longer? I feel better just having stuck to it for almost 2 weeks but nervous about getting on the scale... Welcome and glad to be sharing the journey with you!!
UpNorthGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #7  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggleburst View Post
Hey everyone!

I frequented these boards for a few months last year while on IP and it really helped me focus and commit to my goals. Today was Day 1 of getting back on IP, so I'm back and ready to get back in the swing of it.

I was only on IP for two months, but I did really well on it. I had lost over 20 pounds, I had a ton of energy, I was going to the gym 4 times a week...

But then I blew it. It's been almost a year exactly since I went off IP, and I gained all the weight back and then some.

But I'm ready to jump back in and recommit 100%. I'm ready to say no and not break down and get MY BICEPS BACK!

Welcome BACK!

She's Baaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaack!

What made you blow it last time?

IPCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 AM   #8  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back snuggleburst!
I'm on week 3 after restarting. My hiatus was too long, but it feels great to be back & I hope you'll find it the same. The folks here are just as terrific! The weight seems to be coming off just as quickly as the first time, but that first week was a battle of wills & won'ts.
I will do this & I won't make excuses.

This time around I'm all about planning especially about planning to succeed (preparing for any eventuality). If a slip happens (Which I am NOT planning), i am determined to jump back on program before the next scheduled meal.....not let it slide to days..weeks...months....you get the picture.
weathermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I'm back too as of May. My biggest challenge right now is not the diet -- I know I can do that and that is will work. My challenge is the "mental one".
I haven't told anyone I'm back on IP. It will be obvious soon enough when I become SLEEK again. But I know it's really that I don't want to see/feel any of that "Didn't you do that last time and then put the weight back on?" Of course, no one but ME is probably even thinking that -- all just part of that emotional roller coaster we put ourselves on.
The good news is we know this works! I just now need to make more of a focus on phasing off properly and working on my maintenance plan once I get there. And we WILL get there. This diet is too hard to be messin' around with but I know already how great I looked/felt when I got the results so I'm willing to go through that all again. I'm glad you're here to join me on that journey again. We got this!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #10  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Welcome BACK!

Ow-tough question but I'll say for me the answer to that is probably "life happens". I think it was Einstein (or someone equally as smart -- maybe Lisa32689! LOL) who said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

This diet works and you feel great. It's easy to go back to eating regular food but the diet is not the hard part. MAINTENANCE is the real challenge. All those people who say "I can't wait for this diet to be over so I can have xxx again" need to remember that moderation is the key.

If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got.

Last edited by IP43; 06-11-2014 at 06:26 AM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #11  

When I started IP, I was focused on maintenance from the get-go. I lost 100 lbs on Atkins about 11 years ago. I stopped in April or May 2003 and didn't even maintain thru the summer. I worked off & on at maintenance and by 07 was struggling to stay under 200 (but mostly over). Over about a 9 year period, it slowly all came back.

When I started IP, I was determined not to relive the anguish I put myself thru by regaining. Maintenance takes ultra-diligence for me. If I stop paying attention, I end up doing a week of p1 to take off up pounds. I'm doing p1 now as a pre-emptive measure for an upcoming vacation. My next step is to get back in the habit of recording food in MFP. They say it takes 30 days to establish a habit. Well, a lifetime of bad habits is hard to overcome but it can be done with diligence. It takes more than 30 days to not fall out of habits!

I keep telling myself I'm in remission from morbid obesity and it is my responsibility to manage my health. It's so easy for me to slip out of the good habits like exercise, daily weighing (in maintenance), and recording food intake. They say practice makes perfect. I'm not striving for perfect, just healthy, which means losing the yo-yo.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-11-2014 at 07:56 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Default Veteran IP'er, back again

Hi! Welcome back! Don't feel bad at all- feel happy that you are back on IP. It takes courage to do it! Good job. Think positive and speak in a positive way to yourself. Just try to change whatever it was in the past that made you not maintain well.

I am also back on IP as of June 10. I did IP first in 2010 and lost 23 pounds in 10 weeks. I did it again in April 2011 for just 2-3 weeks to lose 13 pounds. Eh, life happens!

Then LIFE really happened to me and I had a really healthy summer followed by waking up on Sept 2, 2011 with severe pain in my neck/spine. It felt like someone was sticking 2 fingers right into my spine through the back of my neck, and I couldn't even sleep. Turns out it was a herniated disc. I lost all function in my legs on November 14, 2011 and had constant tingling in my hands/down the arms which I was also losing feeling in. When I finally had an MRI and went to a neurosurgeon, and he told me I could be paralyzed if we didn't do surgery right away. Less than 2 weeks later, I had ACDF surgery on Dec 21, 2011. Recovering from that surgery has been really hard and it took a lot out of me. It has healed as it should (the body had to grow a new bone where the disc once was, around titanium plate and screws).

I gave myself a break on pretty much everything else in life other than recovering and working. I didn't take any unpaid time off. In hindsight, that wasn't good. It made healing slower. I had no energy for about 2 years.

In September 2013, I felt that if I didn't do something physical, I would never feel good again. I started kundalini yoga at the community center. It has changed my life. By May 15, 2014, my back pain was gone. I'm now in training to become a kundalini yoga teacher. That is changing my life again. I can do some things that I never imagined my body would do. Kundalini yoga is great because it's not required to bend the body into a pretzel.

I really want to lose the extra weight I've been carrying around. Kind of makes it sound like I am pulling a wagon full of fat, eh? It's really not that much but I still have all my clothing that is too small and should fit but doesn't. But right now I feel healthier than ever! I can move my body, I have no more back pain, and yoga has gotten rid of the cellulite on the back of my legs. My stomach is the problem area, and it never gets smaller until I really lose a lot of weight.

So here I go! I have the tell-tale ketosis breath so I know I'm in the zone. I'm happy every day that I wake up healthy and not in pain. Having chronic back pain for 8 years was really a drag! Oh, and I have hypothyroidism which I have also had for 8 years and doing IP is the only way I can lose weight at all! I did IP for 3 weeks in Feb-March this year and lost 10 pounds. So that was a good start!

I also walk pretty far every day during lunchtime with my dog. We walk around the lake near my house and I get pretty sweaty on the walks. It's good to get your body to sweat once a day. Otherwise, well, your body won't be working for you like it should. If I don't get my lunchtime walk, my back gets tight by the end of the day. I volunteer at the yoga center 2x per week- Monday and Wednesday and I take the classes those nights. And being in a state of ketosis with IP makes yoga a lot more intense. I have a feeling this is going to be a wild ride this time around!

Off we go to lose weight. Best wishes to us all to be able to power through IP and continue maintenance so we won't have to do it yet again!
CinnamonSparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Thank you all for the support. I am re-committed after slipping last night, and feeling hopeless and ready to give up. I get bored with the same foods, I hate most veggies!! But after reading the posts, printing some new recipes I am motivated to start again and believe that it is possible to conquer this!!
Becca Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #14  
Restarted IP 6/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Welcome BACK!

I hate to admit it... but I gave up super easily.

A friend of mine visited for a week, so I stopped frequenting the gym and then lost the pattern I had created.

After two successful months, I thought that sure, I could go to a Chinese buffet and only eat from the grill. And then I got there and, a few pieces of sushi didn't seem like a big deal. And then I just HAD to try the sesame chicken. I'd earned it, and it wasn't that big of a deal, right?

I lost all the momentum I'd gained, and then I figured I'd restart fresh next week.

A week became two weeks, which became four weeks... you know how it is. :/

Now on the other side, I'm ready to recommit and say no more firmly.

I started going to the gym and doing yoga this week. Hoping to keep up with it. Had my first restaurant showdown this morning and succeeded. I'm optimistic that I can do it, and I'm GOING to do it.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 PM   #15  
2nd time at IP 6/8/14

S/C/G: 265/173/135-140

yay welcome back! I feel you on your journey! I started the program the first time in May of 13, in july I moved across the country from WI to NM, and stopped IP. I managed to lose 40 lbs in the time I was on IP and then gained about 10 back. I just recently restarted on sunday and I can tell you its a lot easier this time around! not as many carb cravings thats for sure! Good luck!!
Crystalsgettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote