View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #24
alinnell

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
What is wrong with cow's milk? alinnell, why did your doctor tell you to switch? I love milk. I drink organic 1% milk. It is a great source of calcium and protein, plus vitamin-D fortified. I have no problem with lactose. I don't get why everyone is so down on milk these days.

There is nothing wrong with it. And my doctor didn't tell me not to drink it. I had mentioned I don't drink a lot of it and he suggested the other milks to try. Regular milk just doesn't keep long enough! On occasion I can get very small bottles (8-12 ounce) that are sufficient for a week. But rarely can I get those in skim (my preferred). My MIL suggested the kind for lactose intolerant because it lasts longer (it does) and she said the "other" milks also last longer. Nine times out of ten, if I buy a carton (even just a quart) it spoils before I can use it all. From time to time I'll catch it before it spoils and freeze a cup or so, but then you have to remember to thaw it before you need to use it. It's just a hassle.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb

Last edited by alinnell : 06-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote